Tuesday, April 14

Top Ten Favorite Inspiring Quotes from Books

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Hello lovelies. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is: top ten inspiring quotes from books. As you'll probably see not all of these quotes are inspiring, but these all make me think. Hope you'll enjoy. :) 

“I guess that's what saying good-bye is always like--like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you're in the air, there's nothing you can do but let go.” 
~ Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver 


“Heroes aren't always the ones who win," she said. "They're the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don't give up. That's what makes them heroes.”
~ City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare


“Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.”
~ Wonder by R. J. Palacio


“And maybe people were like collages - no matter how broken or useless we felt, we were an essential part of the whole. We mattered.”
~  I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios

“Quitting’s not hard. Deciding to quit is hard. Once you make that mental leap, the rest is easy.” 
~ Where She Went by Gayle Forman


“Life is full of luck, like getting dealt a good hand, or simply by being in the right place at the right time. Some people get luck handed to them, a second chance, a save. It can happen heroically, or by a simple coincidence , but there are those who don’t get luck on a shiny platter, who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, who don’t get saved.”
~The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen


“It's horrible being ashamed of someone you care about; it eats away at you. And if you let it get to you, if you give up the fight and surrender, eventually that shame turns to hate.”
~Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma


“Every book, every volume you see here, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens.”
~ The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón


“Everybody has fucked-up families, even normal kids, even the ones who aren’t in here. There’s no magic math equation that makes us addicts, nothing that separates us from everyone else.”
~ Clean by Amy Reed


“What I can see so far is that life consists of good and evil, black and white. And everything in between is a struggle for dominating the other. Life is a struggle.
And I hate that it all ends with nothingness. That one day, you simply aren’t here anymore. No more smiles, no more tears, no more anything.”
~ Find You in the Dark by A. Meredith Walters


This was all for today. I hope you enjoyed my list of quotes. Care to share with me some of your favorite quotes from the books listed above or from any other book? Link in your TTT too if you want me to check it out. :) 

30 comments:

  1. Such a great list and so many wonderful quotes! Thank you so much for sharing them!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you liked them. :)

      Delete
  2. Love your list! I've not read The Shadow of the Wind but that quote has convinced me that I need to! Thank you.x
    my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read it! It's one of the best books I've ever read, though Adult books are not my usual cup of tea. :)

      Delete
  3. i LOVE that quote about heroes from City of Heavenly Fire! i also had a quote from City of Heavenly Fire for my TTT post this week! great list!
    here's mine!
    http://www.wholly-books.com/2015/04/top-ten-tuesday-87_14.html?spref=tw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, the book wasn't my favorite of the series by far but this quote is freaking perfect. :)

      Delete
  4. I super love that Wonder quote! Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the quote by Cassandra Clare!

    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quotes from both City of Heavenly Fire and Wonder got me remembering both books and I couldn't stop getting emotional hahaha; the one from Forbidden is quite powerful and now I'm even more intrigued to read the book knowing the issues it deals with and I'm ashamed to say I haven't read The Shadow of the Wind, even more considering he's an Spanish author and I should have read him already.
    Great list, Veronkia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Wonder so much, there were tons of inspiring quotes in that book. I've already told you countless times to read it! That book is soo freaking wonderful. Carlos Ruiz Zafón is one of the most talented authors ever, I can't wait to read some of his other books.
      Thanks. :)

      Delete
  7. Ooh, I like that Cassandra Clare quote. I've not actually read any of her The Mortal Instruments series yet, but I have read The Infernal Devices and find it very quotable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books definitely are quotable, even though I didn't really enjoy the last few installments of TMI. I'm glad you liked TID. :)

      Delete
  8. Aw, some of these are so sad! I love the Lauren Oliver one - my boyfriend is planning on joining the army in the next year, and I'm kind of already preparing myself for the goodbyes... It's not a good thing though, to dwell so much on something so sad - you just need to commit and get it over with really.
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's too bad, I hope everything will work out fine for you two and the goodbye won't be too bad. :)

      Delete
  9. I've only read one on this list, but I enjoyed all your quotes. :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Before I Fall and Where She Went are both beautiful books. Just reading all these TTT's are making me emotional haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Now I want to re-read everything haha.

      Delete
  11. I love the quotes you have picked out especially from I'll Meet You There & Before I Fal xD I personally liked both books, the writing is amazing overall. Thank you for sharing x <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should re-read Before I Fall, it's been a long time. I'm glad you liked my list. :)

      Delete
  12. I love all these quotes! I have yet to read some of them, but I actually like the one from Wonder! They're so interesting :D Thanks for sharing all these lovely quotes! They have always been my favorite. <3

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them! Wonder is a truly amazing book, so if you haven't read it yet, go for it!

      Delete
  13. I absolutely love great quotes so this post is awesome! I read Before I Fall but I don't remember that quote, I really like that one :) Gah, I just love all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love quotes too, if only I knew where the hell did I put my notepad with all the lovely quotes in it.

      Delete
  14. Great list Ronnie!The one from Forbidden almost made me cry.It's perfect,and reminds me so much of Lochan and Maya.
    And I also love the one from City of Heavenly Fire.It sounds quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good job with those quotes Vera :) I always forget to bookmark my favorite quotes and then I'm too lazy to go search for them later :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Searching in GR quotes is really easy, though. That is, if the book is popular enough. I always search the quotes when I'm in a reading slump. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)