Tuesday, April 7

Top Ten Characters I'd Like To Check In With

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Hello dearies! I'm in love with this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic: top ten characters I'd like to check in with, meaning characters from series/books I've finished but would love to take a look at their lives now. This might just be my favorite topic ever since Top Ten Places Books Have Me Want To Visit. I usually reduce my list to ten but not this time, I was able to reduce it to fifteen books but that's all I can do.

My picks are in no particular order. 

HIGHLIGHT FOR SPOILERS



Judith
from All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry

All the Truth That's in Me is one of my favorite novels of all time, and yes partly that can be thanked to the amazing person Judith was. She was a loyal friend and stayed a good person through all the horrific things that happened to her. She got her happy ending and the boy she loved, which made me extremely happy but I'd love to take a look at her life a few years after the ending. 

Cadence 
from We Were Liars

Unlike many people I happened to love Cadence. Despite her being a rich, spoiled girl who felt sorry for herself to no end, I could totally feel for her and most importantly, see her side of the story. I'm so curious about what happened to her (and the family) after the ending. I want to see if the things she's experienced changed her for the better or not. 

Maggie and Clayton 
from Find You in the Dark series

I was rooting for Clay and Maggie like crazy throughout these two awesome books. Seriously, how can you not root for them when they're so obviously in love? With Clay's mental issues they had their fair share of rocks along their way to happiness but they fought them all and came out stronger than ever before. Wanna read an emotional roller coaster NA romance? Go for this series. 
I loved to get an epilogue, and I loved their Christmas novella even more but I need more Clay and Maggie feelings!


Chloe and Anna
from Dangerous Boys & Dangerous Girls
Yes, I'm cheating again. But these are from the same author so that doesn't count... right?


Warning: MAJOR SPOILER




Jemma and Ryder 
from Magnolia 

I loved this novel, though I doubt I'd have loved it so much if I hadn't been in such a great mood and hadn't wanted to adore this novel. I liked that unlike in many novels Jemma and Ryder were not star-crossed lovers, actually their mothers have been pushing them together since they were babies. I think on some levels it was tougher for them this way because reading how persistent their mothers were was terrible enough, I can't even imagine living their life. It's no shocker they got together, right? I mean this is a contemporary romance. But it must be surprising that the book ended with them not telling anything to their parents. It's logical if you think about it but I didn't expect it. Anyhow, I just want to see if they survived telling their families about their relationship. Plus they were unbelievably cute. 

PS: Why did they have to change the girl's name in the new editions? I liked Jemma a lot better than Jenna. 


Skylar and Josh 
from I'll Meet You There


I'm dying to see Skylar and Josh's life years from the ending. I'm sure they would still be together, their love is rock hard, but I want to know more details. Like, what did Josh do with his life? And when did they moved in together? How much time he needed to fight his demons? All these questions are killing me. 

Jess and Rob 
from 1-800-Where-R-You


I'm dying to see Rob and Jess as adults! They've been one of my favorite couples ever since I've read these novels. Plus Meg Cabot is already writing a plus novel to The Princess Diaries and to The Mediator series, what difference would another one make? 

Alice 
from Torn

This novel didn't end all bad, not exactly, but I was certainly hoping for a different outcome. Plus it left us with so many questions that I just can't wait to get answers to!


Nick and Amy 
from Gone Girl

 I'm dying to know how Nick and Amy's life turned out, based on their lovely personalities they might just be killing random people together in a few years. Plus I wanna know how they treat the baby. Then go like 20 years later and see how he/she turned out. All considered they might be the characters I'm the most interested in. 

Emily 
from Heart Shaped Bruise

Emily's such a troubled girl but if you look at all the things that have happened to her you won't be able not to feel for her. I want to know how her life turned out, I'm sure she was able to move on because she's strong like that but still I'm interested.


Adam and Mia 
from If I Stay series

Can you point out any fan of this series who wouldn't be interested in seeing how Mia and Adam are managing their life, like ten years from Where She Went? I doubt it. 

Maya 
from Forbidden

Maya is such an unbelievably strong girl, she didn't only raised her sister and brothers with the help of Lochan but was able to keep going after something terrible happened. I'm dying to see how her and her sister and brothers life turned out in the end. 


Holden 
from The Catcher in the Rye

I love this book and I think the ending is perfect for this story but I want to see Holden as a 20 something guy. Did he ever became a 100% sane? I hope not. 

Gwen and Gideon 
from Ruby Red Trilogy

I love Gwen and Gideon and want to see them somewhere in the future, maybe a 100 years later now that they're immortal, I sure as hell thing they are still together.  

Claire 
from Of Scars and Stardust



I'd love to know how Claire's life turned out but most importantly I'm interested in knowing if she ever got as bad as her dad or rather got mentally stable. Based on the ending both outcomes are possible. 


This was all for today. I'm dying to see what characters would you guys check in with, so share your thoughts with me! 

30 comments:

  1. I also picked Holden and Nick and Amy! I'm very curious about them all!!!!! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what this says about me but I find mentally unstable characters the most interesting. You too. :)

      Delete
  2. Jess & Rob! They totally had cute babies & were sexyily-ever-after together. Did you ever read Meg Cabot's Mediator series? She's writing a New Adult-esque 7th book in the series, apparently. I wonder if she'd do that for the 1-800-Where-Are-You series. That would be all kinds of amazingggg. I need to check out some of these characters (and couples).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's why I think she should totally write a sixth book to the 1-800-Where-R-You series, she's already doing that to the Mediator and The Princess Diaries, so why not? Hope you'll find some that you like. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness. I could have put so many of these books on my list! I love that you've got Claire on your list. I'm so intrigued about what happened to her. I'd love to know more about Nick and Amy too. Fantastic choices. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the ending of Of Scars and Stardust but it would have been amazing to see Claire at least reunited with her sister. Thanks. :)

      Delete
  4. Adam and Mia, yes OF COURSE I'd love to know how things turned out to be for them about ten years later! The Catcher in the Rye is another book I'd love to have a sequel to <3 And I'm sure Meg Cabot would totally consider her fans if they beg hard enough for another book in the 1-800-Where-R-You series ;) Why don't you try getting through to her? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, that idea never even crossed my mind, I don't think I'm enough for such a mission but maybe if most of the fans would ask for it, it could happen. Who knows?

      Delete
  5. Hiya Veronika I'm a new follower, great list! I chose Nick Dunne to be on my list too :-) I loved Gone Girl so much, what a messed up book and yet SO good and addictive!! Here's my TTT @ Emma's Bookery if you would like to check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following. :) I know, I couldn't even hate the characters because they were a 100% well-crafted and I loved their way of thinking. Can't wait to see your list. :)

      Delete
  6. Can you imagine a normal Holden? Nope nope nope. But I also included him on my list because I would love to know how he turned out in the end. And I almost put Nick and Amy on my TTT as well. I agree with what you said.... I wouldn't want to be part of their future family, that cannot end well by any means lol
    And the other character I know about is Cadence and even though I didn't like her, would she be over the traumatic experience? That, I would love to know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't and I hope he never became normal, I think that would depress him the most of all. It'd be so amazing if the author wrote a book about their child. I'd love to see how a Dunne family reunion looks like, it must be crazy.
      I hope she would be, she has her whole family, though they are not the sanest ppl on Earth either.

      Delete
  7. i haven't read any of the books on your list but alot of them sound really good! if anything, i found a few new books I can add to my TBR!:) great post this week!
    here's mine!
    http://www.wholly-books.com/2015/04/top-ten-tuesday-86_7.html?spref=tw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy the ones you found. :)

      Delete
  8. Haha, I wonder if Holden became a phoney. I didn't even think of Adam & Mia, good one! There are so many books on here that I need to read. Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not, that would be a catastrophe haha.
      Thanks. :)

      Delete
  9. I've not actually read any of these books... BUT ...I do have the Ruby Red series on my list and really want to read it. I've also been looking at Meg Cabot's 1-800-where-r-u series. It sounds like a lot of fun. Knowing that you liked it enough to want more (isn't that always the best indication of the quality) I'm even more interested in it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read it, that series is freaking amazing. It's a shame I don't know many YA time travel novels besides that. I love nearly all Cabot books so I might be a little biased but I think you'll like 1-800-Where-R-You.

      Delete
  10. Great list! I thought about putting Gone Girl on my list too, but I was just so emotionally exhausted after I finished reading it; I'll just let them be. Here's my TTT. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It seems that we're totally different, because I was really hyped after finishing Gone Girl. I wanted to know more.

      Delete
  11. Great list! Mia and Adam are on my list as well, they would be so interesting! I also loved Candece. I just want to see her life after the events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :)
      I wish all authors would consider writing a novella or at least an epilogue.

      Delete
  12. Amy and Nick for sure! I'd love to know how they're getting along together after all that craziness...

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, though I'm a bit afraid they'd have killed each other by now. :DD

      Delete
  13. Adam and Mia are great picks. I wonder how life is going for them after Where She Went. It took a lot for them to get to a good place. I hope they were able to maintain it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, If I Stay was one of my first contemporary reads (besides Meg Cabot of course) and I could really connect with them. Where She Went definitely ended on a hopeful note but a novella would help settle my feelings. :)

      Delete
  14. Oh I hadn't even thought about Adam and Mia! I liked Where She Went, and what was left at the end, but ten years in the future might be fantastic to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the ending too but still I need confirmation of their happy future together.

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)