Wednesday, April 22

Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Authors

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Hello lovelies. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is my top ten favorite authors of all times. It was a hard task because I love so many authors and it was nearly impossible to choose only ten but here is my list. I really hope you'll enjoy it. :)



The series that I've not yet finished are all series that I plan on continuing if not stated otherwise. 


10. Simone Elkeles

Series I've finished by her: Perfect Chemistry, Leaving Paradise, How to Ruin
Series I've yet to finish by her: Wild Cards
Want to read by her: doesn't have anything else published

9. Ann Aguirre

Series I've finished by her: 2B Trilogy
Series I've yet to finish by her: Mortal Danger
Want to read by her: Razorland series, The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things

 8. Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series I've finished by her: none
Series I've yet to finish by her: Lux, Wait for You, 
Standalones: Don't Look Back
Want to read by her: Wicked, Obsessions


7. Kiera Cass

Series I've finished by her: none
Series I've yet to finish by her: Selection (read the original trilogy plus all novellas besides Marlee's)
Want to read: Doesn't have any other books published

6. Meg Cabot

Series I've finished by her: The Princess Diaries, The Mediator, 1-800-Where-R-You, Airhead trilogy, Queen of Babble, All American Girl, Insatiable, 
Series I've yet to finish by her: Heather Wells (1, 2 and 3), Abandon (1 & 2), Boy (3), 
Standalones: Jinx, Ransom My Heart, Teen Idol, How to Be Popular, Avalon High
Want to read by her: New books in the Mediator and Princess Diaries series, Nicola and the Viscount, She Went All the Way, Pants on Fire, Victoria and the Rouge

5. Marissa Meyer

Series I've finished by her: none
Series I've yet to finish by her: The Lunar Chronicles
Want to read by her: Does not have any other books published

4. Richelle Mead

Series I've finished by her: Vampire Academy, Bloodlines
Series I've yet to finish by her: Storm Born (I don't think I ever will)
Books I plan on reading by her:  Soundless (expected publication november)

3. Jeaniene Frost 

Series I've finished by her: All Night Huntress Universe novels besides the last book of The Night Prince trilogy.
Series I've yet to finish by her: Broken Destiny, The Night Prince
Books I plan on reading by her: doesn't have any more novels published

2. Maggie Stiefvater

Series I've finished by her: none
Series I've yet to finish by her: Shiver (only read the first three books), Raven Boys, Book of Faerie (will not continue)
Books I plan on reading by her: Scorpio Races

1. Holly Black

Series I've finished by her: Curse Workers
Standalones: The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, The Darkest Part of the Forest 
Books I plan on reading by her: Modern Faerie Tales, Doll Bones


These were my favorite authors, who are yours? Leave a link to your TTTs if you'd like me to check you picks out.

Happy reading! 

34 comments:

  1. How could I have forgotten Maggie Stiefvater? And Kiera Cassandra? And RICHELLE MEAD!! Ahh! I fail! Great list, I love all these authors!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you forgot about Maggie and Richelle! They're one of the best YA Fantasy authors evere (not at all biased haha)
      Thanks. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for Richelle Mead and Meg Cabot!They made my list too.
    I also love Marissa Meyer and her creativity.And Simone for her beautiful love stories and I am a budding fan of Maggie Stiefvater,as I've read Raven Boys and planning to read more.
    I really want to read Jeanine Frost's Night Huntress series!It's been in my TBR for a long time.
    Great list Ronnie!

    Here's my list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see the rest of your list.
      Read other books by Maggie Stiefvater because she's the BEST. Or at least one of the best haha.
      The Night Huntress series is soo good! When I started it I was like: Vampires? Take this away from me! But then I was caught up in Frost's fantastic stories and I binge-read all the books that were out at that time in, like two days.
      Thank you! <3

      Delete
  3. Meg Cabot, yay!! But being a potterhead I do wish J. K. Rowling had made your list! :D
    And once you start giving Sophie Kinsella a chance I'm sure she'd be in your next faves list too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think about adding Rowling but I read her books such a long time ago so I ended up deciding against her and adding someone else.
      I sure hope so! :)

      Delete
  4. YAY to Meg Cabot and Richelle Mead! I also love Simone Elkeles. I actually ordered the Night Huntress first book today, I hope I enjoy it as much as everyone else has :) <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will! The romance is EPIC and the plot is so action packed and just plainly amazing. :)

      Delete
  5. Lots of great authors on your list!

    Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiera Cass is amazing! The Selection was such a great series. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for The Heir! Thank you!

      Delete
  7. I love Marissa Meyer!! I'm a fan of her books, and I can't wait for Winter to come out next :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope Winter will live up to all the fans expectations and be the best of the series! :)

      Delete
  8. Awesome to see some love for Holly Black and Maggie Stiefvater! Definitely recommend checking out The Scorpio Races!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read Scorpio Races, I heard so many awesome things about it plus Maggie Stiefvater wrote it sooo...

      Delete
  9. Jeaniene Frost is my favorite author ever, I absolutely love all of her books! I'm also a big fan of JLA, Kiera Cass, Richelle Mead and Simone Elkeles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeaniene Frost MUST keep coming her awesome books because I'm not sure how I'd live without them.

      Delete
  10. The only author on this list that I've read is Marissa Meyer - but there are several others that I really need to read. Maybe hearing that you like them so much will give me the extra push I need. I've never even heard of Simone Elkeles before, so I'm off to check her books out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! These are all super-awesome authors, at least try a few of the novels I've read by them, I'm sure you won't regret it. Simone Elkeles is an amazing contemporary writer, though her How to Ruin books are not as great as her newer novels.

      Delete
  11. Oh, Richelle Mead! Vampire Academy is one of my favourite YA series and I'm still so worried about reading The Ruby Circle. I do like Armentrout a lot; her books are so addictive and the male characters so damn swoon-worthy LOL
    Keep hearing amazing things about both Marissa Meyer and Maggie Stiefvater. I need to pick up their books ASAP!
    Nice list Veronika! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read it, at least you'll be over it and won't have to worry about it anymore haha. Also, if you hate it at least we can rant about how terrible it was together. But I hope you'll enjoy it anyway.
      They are, I love how time flies when I'm reading a JLA book! The Lunar Chronicles are currently one of my favorite series! And the Raven Boys! You HAVE TO read these!
      Thanks, Noelia! :)

      Delete
  12. Meg Cabot! That takes me back to the Princess Diaries- loved them :-) Great list! Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've yet to read most of these authors but I do enjoy Maggie Stiefvater's books and most recently, Marissa Meyer. I still need to finish Jeaniene Frost's Nigh Huntress series too but I also enjoyed the books I've read so far. Oh, and JLA! Still need to finish the Lux series but I liked that too. I can already see that we have the same taste in books! Awesome list Veronika! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Night Huntress series, though the last Cat & Bones novel wasn't as EPIC as I'd expected. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  14. I liked the Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot but not enough to add her to my list this week. Maggie Stiefvater was on it however. I'm wondering if I should read some Marissa Meyer stuff since she seems to be on so many people's lists this week. Anyway here is my full TTT:

    https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/04/21/top-ten-tuesdays/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! Marissa Meyer is such a talented author! I really hope she'll continue writing amazing books after The Lunar Chronicles series ends.

      Delete
  15. Such great picks!! I love JLA, Richelle Mead, and Marissa Meyer. They've written such intricate and amazing series. I love the characters and the story lines and everything! Kiera Cass writes such cute and adorable books. Stiefvater's writing is unique and has tons of spunk and passion. Lovely picks <3

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Marissa Meyer will keep up the good work after The Lunar Chronicles. Stiefvater really is one of the most unique authors I know.
      Thank you! <3

      Delete
  16. John Green is my favorite author. Btw great list! :)

    Mariz @ sliceofreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holly Black is amazing. I just finished The Darkest Part of the Forest and was like....this is a perfect book, omg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it not so long ago and felt exactly the same way. I mean, I can't point out one bad thing in the whole novel.

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)