Monday, March 23

Top Ten Books From My Childhood That I Would Love To Revisit

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Hello dearies. Today's TTT topic is the top ten books from my childhood that I'd love to revisit. I can't wait to take a look back at the books I read when I was smaller. And I can't wait to see other people's old favorites.

My picks are in no particular order.  


1. The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling


I doubt I have to explain to anyone who's read HP why it's on my list. This is the first series/book that I remember adoring and I'm planning on re-reading the whole series and re-watching all the movies this summer (One every day so I'll be doing this for a week). I kinda know it's crazy but I still want to do it. Unfortunately don't have any friends who'd do this with me haha. And I doubt anyone would be interested or antisocial enough to do this. Contact me if you're interested, though. :) 

2. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot 


Michael Moskowitz, my first book boyfriend haha. I loved these books so much and to this day I'd read mostly anything by Meg Cabot. Anyone game for a re-read of the series?  

3. Novels by Jacqueline Wilson


I'm not sure how I'd feel about a revisit but her books accompanied me through my childhood. I read most of her books from the library but I had my absolutely favorites. Unfortunately, I gave them away because I felt too old for them. Funny, how I'd love to just look into them now. 
PS: I still have my old Barbie dolls in a box because I couldn't give them away. Apparently, I wasn't too old to store dolls. Fuck logic. 

4. The Door To Time by Pierdomenico Baccalario

I loved this novel so much but I never got all parts of the series, only this first one, and I think the last one. I wish I'd been able to read the complete series because I was in love with this world. 

5. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket 


Unfortunately I've only read 7 books of this series because at the time started the series my library only have that many novels of it. Anyhow, I'd love to finish the series one day but I'm afraid I'll never get around to do it. :(

6. Fairy Oak Series by Elisabetta Gnone  

I've only read the first two books of this series but I remember how much I adored the characters and how fascinated I was by this story. Plus the covers are gorgeous, they are glossy and yet another books I gave away. I hate my old self. 

7. Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan 


I was completely in love with this series, I read the entire collection in a little more than a week and was so sad when it ended. I'm not sure I'd like to revisit it because I don't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did back when I was younger. 

8. Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld 

I think these books were my first ever dystopia novels and oh my gosh how much I adored this world. I had plenty of problems, like the forced love triangle or how I didn't love the MC but overall I found this trilogy awesome. However I doubt I'll ever pick up the fourth, and last novel because this story is closed enough for me.

9. House of Night series by P. C. Cast & Kristin Cast 

I've read the first book back in 2009 when it was first published in Hungary and it was love at first read. This is my most worn book ever because I've re-read it a 100 times. Unfortunately, they were published extremely slowly and they stopped altogether after the 9th book, by then I wasn't all that interested in reading these book. 

10.The Mediator series by Meg Cabot (and all her other books) 

I loved all Meg Cabot books I've read(besides the vampire ones), namely: The Queen of Babble Series, All-American Girl series, 1-800-Where-R-You, Heather Wells, Avalon High, Jinx, Teen Idol. Her books are so awesome and they are just simply fun to read. 


What are your favorite childhood reads? Share with me your TTT lists. :)



14 comments:

  1. I'm definitely with you in re-reading the Harry Potter series and the Princess Diaries! I never thought there'd be someone as crazy as me. My family and friends are always going on about how ever I keep reading them again and again! And whoa, Michael Moscovitz was my first ever book crush too! :O Let's be friends! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow really? I mean HP is one thing but I never thought anyone would be crazy enough to re-read The Princess diaries. We should totally do that! Both if you want to. Just write me on twitter. :) A book crush is something a real friendship should have so alright haha. :DD

      Delete
  2. I would re-read Harry Potter again in a heartbeat. It's a classic! I have yet to read Uglies, but I really want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy Uglies, it's definitely a unique read (as far as I remember) and the story was really exciting. :)

      Delete
  3. Harry Potter <333333333333333333333 I wouldn't mind re-reading them with you even though I normally re-read them in winter lol and I'm ashamed to say I haven't read A Series of Unfortunate Events. I saw the terrible movie, or at least I didn't like it, with Jim Carrey but I might read them some day =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're like the biggest HP fan I know, or maybe the second biggest but still, that's impressive haha. That would be awesome. The movie didn't live up to the books at all, it was three (or maybe four?) books thrown together in a strange order. I still enjoyed it, though. I hope you'll enjoy them if you choose to read them. :)

      Delete
  4. I love that we have Harry Potter and Jacqueline Wilson in common. Both fantastic reads! Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED the Princess Diaries - I definitely need to reread those! I never tried any of Meg Cabot's other books - maybe I should :-D Also, Harry Potter is of course, a must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should. They are all quick, adorable reads. :)

      Delete
  6. I would love to re-read the Princess Diaries series, its been several years since I've read them and I'm looking forward to the new release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't freaking wait for the new Princess Diaries book! I really hope everything ends perfectly for Mia and Michael. :)

      Delete
  7. great list :) I enjoyed reading about these series :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)