Tuesday, March 3

My All Time Favorite Books From The Past 2 (and a quarter) Years (2013-14-15)


Hello lovely reader. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is my favorite books from the past two years. It was hard enough to only choose ten books from all the wonderful novels I've read so you can't expect me to put them in order, right? Right. Yet again I chose to include quotes because I think you guys find it more interesting than reading my random thoughts but do let me know if you think otherwise. Hope you'll enjoy.


1. On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
read in June, 2013

“I was washing the dishes and the sneaky bastard crept up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. And kissed me. Right here.” I pointed angrily to my neck. “Can I not have him committed or something?”
Dr. Pritchard snorted. “For loving you?”
I drew back, shaking my head in disgust. “Dr. Pritchard,” I admonished softly. “Whose side are you on?”
“Braden’s.”


2. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
read in June, 2013

“I might appear confident and chatty, but I spend most of my time laughing at jokes I don't find funny, saying things I don't really mean - because at the end of the day that's what we're all trying to do: fit in, one way or another, desperately trying to pretend we're all the same.”

3. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
read in 2015, January

“Every book, every volume you see here, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens.”

4. Wait for You by Jennifer L. Armentrout
read in March, 2013

“You've been checking me out, haven't you? In between your flaming insults? I feel like man candy.” 

5. The Selection Trilogy by Kiera Cass
last book read in March, 2014


“I loved him.
I couldn't pinpoint what made me so certain, but I knew it then, as surely as I knew my name or the color of the sky or any fact written in a book.
Could he feel it, too?
Maxon broke the kiss and looked at me. "You're so pretty when you are a mess."
I laughed nervously. "Thank you. For that and for the rain and for not giving up."
He ran his fingers along my cheek and nose and chin. "You're worth it. I don't think that you get that. You're worth it to me.”

6. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
read in May, 2014



“She confused being spartan with being charitable, and gave away her possessions without truly doing good with them.
She confused being sick with being brave, and suffered agonies while imagining she merited praise for it.
She confused wit with intelligence, and made people laugh rather than lightening their hearts or making them think.”


7. Dangerous Girls
read in February, 2014


"Any one of us could be made to look a monster, with selective readings of our history."

8. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
last book read in July, 2014

“A relieved grin filled up Thorne’s face. “We’re having another moment, aren’t we?”
“If by a moment, you mean me not wanting to strangle you for the first time since we met, then I guess we are.”

9. The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater
first book read in March, 2013


“You are being self-pitying."
"I'm nearly done. You don't have much more of this to bear."
"I like you better this way."
"Crushed and broken," Gansey said. "Just the way women like 'em.”

10. The Catcher in the Rye by Z. D. Salinger
read in March, 2014


“When you're dead, they really fix you up. I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.”


This is all for today. Have you read or do you plan on reading any of these books? Opinion? Share with me YOUR list, and I'll sure as hell check it out! :)

24 comments:

  1. Dangerous Girls is on my list this week too. It's such a good book! I loved The Lunar Chronicles too. Fantastic list! :-) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dangerous Girls is the best YA mystery I've ever read. I can't wait for Winter! Still have to read Levana's book.

      Delete
  2. I love Lunar Chronicles and the Raven Boys too but not enough love to classify them as an all time favourite. :D
    Want to check out my top ten?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure they'd make my all time favorites but in the last too years they def. have a place. TLC that is, I wasn't that sure of The Raven Boys to be honest haha.

      Delete
  3. We Were Liars and Dangerous Girls almost made it to my list. They're definitely books I am going to remember forever.
    I'm glad to hear how much you must love The Catcher in the Rye because I really need to read that soon!
    And I am still yet to read Cinder. I will this year though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to reread We Were Liars soon. I just loved that book soo much.
      I can't wait to see your thoughts on The Catcher in the Rye! It's definitely my favorite classic book so far.
      Of course you'll read Cinder this year, I'm going to talk and talk and talk about it until you get bored of my and finally pick it up. :DD

      Delete
  4. Dangerous Girls! That book as so effed up and i loved every minute of it :]

    My Top Ten :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can't wait to finally reread it and see everything in a different perspective now that I know the truth! :)

      Delete
  5. I accidentally wrote an all-time favorite list instead of a last-three-years favorites list, but when I rewrite it next week, The Raven Boys Cycle is going on my list too! I have only read it once, but I am already certain that it will be a comfort read for me for the rest of my life. Yey.

    My list is here: http://www.bookpunks.com/what-do-our-favorite-books-say-about-us-and-nikkis-top-ten-favorite-novels/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought about writing an all time one too, but it was hard enough to select books from the last two years soo... Maggie Stiefvater is one of the best author out there.

      Delete
  6. I've had an ARC of Forbidden on my TBR since it before came out, and I was actually thinking about reading it earlier today! It looks so goooooood!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG read it! It's one of the best books out there, it would have made my list even if I had written a list of my all time favorites.

      Delete
  7. Yay The Selection! I just started The One and I am just loving it. This is such a good series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The character development is very impressive. Both Maxon and America changed for the better since the first book but it was so smooth that I barely registered it. And in the end I just looked back and was like: No way they got so far! :))

      Delete
  8. I know about all the books you've listed but I've only read two of them. We Were Liars and The Catcher in the Rye which is also one of my all time favourites hahaha
    Both Forbidden and The Shadow of the Wind are books on my TBR this year and I hope I can read them both. So many people rave about them; it's insane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forbidden is the most awesome book! I know that the subject is a bit strange, and really not an everyday theme, but it's so beautifully written and the characters! You can't help but love them. I don't know why but I was sure you've already read TSotW. I've already bought another Zafón book and I'm planning on reading it soon. :)

      Delete
  9. We Were Liars is fantastic! I really need to read Catcher in the Rye...Great list!

    http://mybookliferead.blogspot.com/2015/03/top-ten-all-time-favorite-books.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Catcher in the Rye is the most awesome classic out there so go for it! :)

      Delete
  10. lovely list many of this these books are really in my TBR or my Favs shelf :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll like the ones you haven't read yet. :)

      Delete
  11. I have On Dublin Street in my TBR.I am a sucker for intense and emotional romance stories,and it sounds quite interesting.
    Forbidden broke my heart to pieces!I hesitated a lot before taking it up because of the whole incest concept,but in the end,I fell in love with the books and Lochan.
    I never got the chance to continue the series after reading Selection,but seeing your love for the series and the couple,I am quite tempted to go back and give it a try.
    We were Liars was mindblowing!I won't call it as a favourite,but still it is such an amazing book.
    I recently read The Raven Boys,and loved it a lot.I am looking forward to read more by Steifvater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read it ASAP! I love the first three books (and the novellas) of the On Dublin Street series. Seriously, you don't know what you are missing out on.
      I was so surprised when I adored Forbidden and the characters. I went into it thinking I'll be totally grossed out but thankfully that didn't happen. My heart broke for both of them.
      The Elite isn't as good as The Selection I think, but The One was so awesome and the character development is amazing.
      The Dream Thieves is a lot better than Raven Boys, so continue the series already! :D

      Delete
  12. The Lunar Chronicles though xD I think I'm probably one of the few people who hasn't read it, I should start on it soon - I do think I might like it :) The Selection series was cute as well! Great picks <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read the series last year too and I was really angry at myself for not reading it sooner. I hope you'll enjoy it.
      Thanks! :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)