Wednesday, March 11

Jessica Sorensen - The Resolution of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence #6)

“In the existence of our lives, there are many coincidences that bring people together, but there’s only one person that will own your heart forever.”


Things are well for Callie and Kayden. They’re still dealing with their past and the pain connected to it, but for the most part they’ve moved on. The biggest decision they have at the moment is what they want to do with their lives in the future.

Eventually, though, the past catches up with them and they’re left facing tough choices. But Callie and Kayden learn that as long as they have each other, they can make it through just about anything. And in the end, they discover what they really want out of life.









I was wary of this book because The Resolution of Callie & Kayden felt like a good enough closure for me. While it didn't answer all our questions for these two lovely characters' future, it ended on a happy and hopeful note, which was fine by me. When I heard about yet another book about Callie & Kayden I was mortified. I thought that it won't give us anything but drama but thankfully I was wrong. The Resolution, while didn't give a lot to the whole story, gave closure to both characters in a way that wasn't given to them in the previous book of theirs.

Surprisingly, and thankfully, the drama-meter stayed low and the main characters actually learnt to talk to each other instead of hiding their real feelings. Both of them developed a lot since the beginning, thus everything around them changed for the better too. Kayden learnt to accept that his family is as fucked up as it can get, and learnt to stay away from them if that meant that he stayed happy.


“Because, in the end, I’ve realized I’m not my father. I’m simply me. And that’s enough.”

You know how I love epic romances, right? So it must be a surprise when I say that I was glad to finally encounter with a heroine who was madly, deeply in love but knew that if Kayden ever leaves her she'll still survive. In most romance novels the hero(ines) think that if their boy/girlfriend leaves they, they won't be able to live, which is not true and not a lesson books should teach to young adults or even adults. Mostly this doesn't annoy me because these couples are waaay to epic to even compare them to anyone's life but hey it's nice to see people acting actually realistic in a romance book. 


"Yes, I know I could live without him if I had to, know life would have to go on, but goddammit, I don’t want to live my life without Kayden. He means more to me than anyone else that’s in or has ever been in my life."

I liked seeing Callie's family. In the first, and even in the second book I could only see them as people who didn't see what was right in front of them, and didn't try hard enough to get the truth out of Callie. In The Resolution they stopped being only their mistakes, I could see them for who they were and I could connect to them. Next to that was glad to see them try hard to understand the woman Callie has become. 


‘I love Christmas,’ my mother singsongs as she waltzes around, picking up pieces of wrapping paper and putting them in a large garbage bag. She has on a green sweater, tan pants, and her socks have Christmas trees on them, and she’s dancing to Christmas music playing from the antique record player in the corner of the room. ‘It’s the best time of the year.’

I was glad to see Kayden's brother, Dylan and his wife acting all protective of Kayden. I'm a still a bit mad at Dylan for not contacting Kayden but he seemed genuinely sorry for his mistake and wanted to help his brother in everything. It was absolutely cute how they rooted for Callie and Kayden and how they did everything to help him. 

I was disappointed to only see bits and pieces of Violet and Luke but at the same time I think this made the story more realistic. Violet is a hard person to be around and it would have been totally unbelievable if she and Callie had become friends in a sec. Still I like to think that one day these six lovely characters, (of course I didn't forget Seth and Grayson) will all be friends. I know pretty romantic of me, huh? lol.

All in all this was a really decent read but on some levels I feel like it didn't give that much to the previous books so it was kind of pointless but still enjoyable. Does that make sense?

Favorite characters: Callie, Kayden
Least favorite: Kayden's mom

The story idea: 2/5
The realisation of the story: 5/5
The characters: 5/5
The cover: 4/5
Enjoy factor: 4/5


10 comments:

  1. I tried to read the first book in the series, but i just couldn't finish it. New Adult is just not my cuppa tea. That being said, I love your review, and can totally understand the disappointment with finding an addition to a favorite series to be completely unnecessary to the overall plot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad The Coincidence didn't work out for you. I love NA, just a bit sad when authors try to overcomplicate the characters' pasts. Thanks. :) So disappointing and more and more authors do this.

      Delete
  2. Just by judging the cover I would have never picked it up because that's a no no for me and then of course is not my kind of thing (I'm still trying to decide what I think of NA) but I must say I really appreciate when authors don't make the relationship the only important thing. That is, what you said about if he/she leaves me, I'll die.... Is something I would never understand. Of course, the person will have a hard time, yes, that's normal but there are limits. I remember reading New Moon and thinking Bella was incredibly stupid, just being in a vegetative state for like 4 months? Nope. I'm going off topic here hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not an awesome cover but you have to admit that it does look a lot better than many NA covers do. Bella is such an accurate example of what I was trying to say. I mean ten year olds read those book and what they learnt was to be incompetent on your own, and fall into depression if someone breaks up with you. What the hell I loved in the Twilight Saga I have no idea haha.

      Delete
  3. I love your donut rating, its quite cute and get's me hungry in the middle of the night haha I don't think I've mentioned this to you before. Anyway, I love epic romances, WHY haven't I heard of this beforee? :( I'm happy that you liked it though xx Lovely review <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love donuts so there was no other option but to rate books 'in donuts'. You should give a chance to the series, Callie and Kayden are the perfect match.
      Thanks. <3

      Delete
  4. Hmmmmm, I think I would like to read this one… I read the first one and ahhhhh it was just like you said, so much drama! I would like closure… great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first part of the second one is a bit full of drama too, but it gives you closure, even though not an as closed ending as this book does. Do continue the series if you're interested. :) Thanks! :DD

      Delete
  5. would love to read this book ;*

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)