Sunday, March 1

Contemporary Conversations

Contemporary Conversations

Hello guys! Today I heard about Contemporary Conversations, thanks to the lovely Mishma and I'm not too late to participate, yay! This event is all about contemporary novels, as you might have guessed from the name, and we'll discuss and read contemporary novels. The two hosts are Kayla @ The Thousand Lives and Veronica @ The Talking Bookworm.

Lately I haven't read many contemporaries and I miss them a lot. I love this genre so much because it's able to give me THE FEELS more than any other genre can. I didn't even know how much I'm in the mood for contemporaries until I've read about this awesome even and now I can't wait to get started.
 What makes this event even more fun is that every week has a different theme, these are:
  • 1st to 7th: coming of age
  • 8th to 14th: the hard stuff (social issues, mental illness etc.)
  • 15th to 21th: rereads
  • 22th to 28th: conspiracies (revenge, spies, high school drama)
The last few days will be all about the wrap-up posts and the giveaway winner (INT) will be announced too. 

Alright so I don't want this to end up like a fight with myself nor do I want to force myself to read more than I feel like so even though I'll write 4 books to each week my goal will be reading at least one. It might not sound like a lot but with such a moody reader like me it is, believe me. 

Coming of Age: 
   



The Hard Stuff:
   
 

Rereads: 
   



Conspiracies: 

I have one here and I'm not even sure it's alright for this theme so give me some recommendations if you have any ideas. :)

10 comments:

  1. I loved Eleanor and Park! It was such a cute and quite unique book. I haven't read I Was Here yet, but I hear it's really good. When I went to my bookstore to buy it they were all sold out, so that must be a good sign lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to finally get down to start any of these books. Some of them have been on my TBR for so long. Haha that must be. I'm so excited for that book because the reviews are quite mixed, I have no idea how I'll feel about it. Hope you'll enjoy it though. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooo I really liked Eleanor and Park and I've heard great things about All the Bright Places - I'm dying to read it! Wonder, We Were Liars, and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight are also really good. Happy reading!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm soo afraid of reading All the Bright Places because I heard it's really sad. We Were Liars is one of my favorite books, so I can't wait to reread it! Also TSPoLaFS was a really cute read too.

      Delete
  3. Hi Veronika! I'm so glad you joined us this month! For Real is PERFECT for coming of age week; it's hilarious and adorable, not to mention pretty touching in some parts. I'll be interested in seeing your review for I'll Meet You There; I couldn't fit it into my schedule this month but I'll be reviewing it in the first week of April so I get to read it soon! Anna and the French Kiss is always an adorable reread :) I just finished Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn for conspiracies/revenge week, and that one fit perfectly with the theme. I'm starting Every Breath by Ellie Marney now; we'll see how this goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you said this because I'm planning on finishing I Was Here today and I didn't know which one to read next. I heard many great things about For Real so I guess that's settled then. :)
      I'll Meet You There is one of those books that didn't catch my eyes but then I read so many praises and I couldn't stop myself from purchasing it. Every Breath is actually on my to-read shelf, but I forgot about it. Now I'll just need to purchase it to have it for the fourth week. I hope it works out for you. :)

      Delete
  4. Yay,I am so happy that you are also taking part!I am so excited for this event,and looks like we'll be seeing each other a lot this month:)
    And for Conspiracies,you should try out Ally Carter!I haven't read her books,but she's well known for her spies and special agents book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your picks for the other four weeks!
      That's a great idea! Since I've read All Fall Down I'm interested in her other novels too. Spies aren't my favorite topic but who knows, maybe I'll be in the mood. :)

      Delete
  5. Ahhhhhhh did you read All the Bright Places yet? IF NOT OMG YOU SO SHOULD IT'S AMAZING!! *cough* sorry got a little, uh, carried away there. But seriously, SO good! I'll Meet You There is also pretty damn amazing! I so badly want to read My Heart and Other Black Holes but I don't have it yet! :( I hope you enjoy all of these contemporaries! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noo, but I think I'll read it this week under mental illness, I still have a few days and I'm planning on finishing the book I'm currently reading today so fingers crossed I'll be able to finish that too. I'll Meet You There was so freaking good! I never expected it to be so touching, I loved loved loved it so much.

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)