Saturday, February 14

Valentine's Day Post: My Favorite Book Couples


Hello lovelies! Valentine's Day is right around the corner and I was planning to do a special post about me favorite romance novels but it felt too... flat. Then I found this idea on the lovely blog of Amy, who told me to go ahead and use it if I want to. So here I am and I'm so freaking excited to share with you all some my favorite couples, and of course to hear about you guys! 



Adrian and Sydney from Bloodlines

Despite my problems with the last books, especially with The Ruby Circle, they are still one of my favorite couples. They went through a lot together and helped each other to change for the better. Their love is one of those that comes through the pages completely. The only reason I can see for you not to be a Sydrian shipper is that you haven't read the books yet. If that's the case go ahead and read them because this couple is the awesomest

Rose and Dimitri from Vampire Academy

These two have been one of my favorite couples ever since I've fallen crazy in love with reading. I was always sure that their love is one that'd hold no matter what but seeing them through other people's eyes in Bloodlines really showed me just how perfect they are together. 

Kat and Bones from The Night Huntress series

I've never ever imagined that I'd end up loving this series as much as I do. Jeaniene Frost is a fantastic author who was able to make me enjoy vampire novels even after I was over them. Kat and Bones are yet again perfect for each other. The thing that they can't stop arguing just makes their relationship even more real. 

Honorable mentions:
Brenna and Judd from The Psy-Changeling series
Nyx and Ignifex from Cruel Beauty

 
Maxon and America from The Selection 

MY BIGGEST SHIP. It was one of those love stories that conquered everything: different upbringing, outside problems and even other people. Honestly what is love if not this? Plus America gets to be a fucking queen. 

Lilac and Tarver from These Broken Stars

Love stories about star crossed lovers are one of my favorite types and I'm pretty sure others agree on this with me too. It's an awesome romance as it it, but the characters' snark adds to it even more. 

Cress and Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles

Cutest. Romance. Ever. Cress is cute enough alone but Cress AND Thorne together are something else. I want a huge ass scene in Winter where they confess their love to each other and I will NOT settle for less. 

Honorable Mentions:

Kestrel and Arin from The Winner's Trilogy
Katniss and Peeta from The Hunger Games



Avery and Cam from Wait for You

Cam is the most swoon worthy NA hero I've ever encountered with. And he can bake. Bake. Like the most delicious cookies. Next to being amazing he's one of the most supportive people I've ever read about. He was by Avery's side through everything and I'm pretty sure Avery'd support him through everything too. Their romance was sealed with a pet turtle. This kind of connection should never be dismissed.

Joss and Braden from On Dublin Street

Again, an incredibly supportive hero. Braden is cocky and will always get what he wants, and boy he knows it, which could be totally unsexy but it isn't. Because under all of this he's one of the best people in the whole world. From the very beginning he tried to help Joss in everything he could think of and wanted to give her some great memories next to the bad ones. There love was so clear and strong that you can't doubt it for a minute.

Lachlan and Naomi from Unravel

This was a bit more complicated romance because there was mental illness involved which made it hard for me to really judge the romance until the end of the book. Despite this Lachlan and Naomi were one of the the first two people that came into my mind when I started to think about who to add to this list. Lachlan stayed strong for only one reason: Naomi. This love story was one of the best ones I've ever read.

Honorable Mentions:

Mia and Adam from If I Stay
Callie and Kayden from The Coincidence 

Do we get any common favorites? Or do you disagree with me on one of these couples? I'm dying to know what you think of this post and who are your favorite couples. Now I'm off to re-read because talking about all these couples I just want to go and reread all the books. Haha. 

Happy Valentine's Day! 

20 comments:

  1. Mia and Adam are my absolute favourite romance couple. And Maxon and America are so cute! I really hope they end up together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them so much, I hope they make a movie out of Where She Went too because I loved that book too!

      Delete
  2. I realized that I need to read a whole lot more books and series because most of these couples I do not know. :) Mia and Adam are among my favorites too! I like the opposites-attract vibe about them especially with everything they've been through!

    Great post! I'll check out some of the book you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Mia and Adam so much! I love when a young couple's relationship feels incredibly strong. And in Where She Went it became even clearer that they were meant to be.

      Thanks! I hope you'll find some that you like. :)

      Delete
  3. Avery and Cam have the best relationship! I couldn't stop smiling when I read that book :) I also love Maxon and America, Cress and Thorne, Rose and Dimitri, and Sydney and Adrian! I have so many book boyfriends it isn't even funny... I also love Aaron Warner from Shatter Me - he and Juliette are perfect together! Awesome post!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait for You is definitely one of those books that I can pick up whenever I need a reason to smile. I know.. it was so hard for me to choose just this nine and the plus two for these three genres. I heard many great things about Shatter Me, and Warner in particular so I'm really looking forward to reading it.
      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of the fantasy ones, but I do agree about Nyx and Ignifex. Their banter and chemistry was perfect. Very hot YA read. LOVE Lilac and Tarver!!! I adore Cress and Thorne too, but Cinder and Kai are my favorite for some reason. And gah, I still need to read On Dublin Street and If I Stay! They both sound so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally someone who's favorite is Cinder and Kai, mostly I hear of people loving Scarlet and Wolf the most, and of course Cress and Thorne. I think you'll love On Dublin Street so READ IT! Hope you'll enjoy both of these. :)

      Delete
  5. Such a cute post!!! YES I SHIP PRINCE MAXON AND AMERICA :D I had a tiny fictional crush on Prince Maxon (while reading the book, but it sort of faded now) hahaha. Cute list! Happy Valentine's Day :)

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Maxon is.... so freaking awesome and generous and awww lol. One of the best heros of all time for me. And their relationship is seriously the best.
      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  6. As much as I love Sydney and Adrian (*swoons*) my favourite couple regarding the Vampire Acadamy world is Rose and Dimitri. I was so invested with the story when I read it. I found the book browising at Barnes&Noble when I went to USA for the first time and picked up the first two books. I read them and I went nuts trying to find the others when I came back to Spain (I wasn't aware of Amazon/Book Depository back then) and I just loved their relationship. They are so perfect together *___*

    My biggest OTP though is Hermione and Ron; I can't help myself. So much love for those two, so much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favorite is still Sydrian but in The Ruby Circle I liked Rose and Dimitri's relationship more, even though they were not the main characters, which tells something from how much I didn't enjoy the book. Haha, I remember the times when I didn't know of The Book Depository, worst time of my life. That they are.

      I'm not surprised to see you mention a couple from Harry Potter haha. Ron and Hermione nearly made my list because I love them a lot too.

      Delete
  7. Cat and Bones are my OTP, I absolutely LOVE them! I also love Adrian and Sydney, Rose and Dimitri, and Maxon and America :)

    I hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat and Bones are one of my all time favorite couples, they fit together so perfectly, even though they are really different in many things.

      I hope you had too! :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you - looking at those delicious looking cakes(?) has made me hungry. Well, I was hungry before and that made it worse. (Don't worry, I won't starve. It's almost lunchtime for me.) Anyway, I've only only read a couple of these. (You already know which ones.) But, I am so looking forward to reading Vampire Academy and hearing that you think Rose and Dimitri make that good of a couple has me even more excited for it. I think I ordered it. I really hope I did because now I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I tried to choose the most delicious looking (and pink) ones I found on the internet. I really hope you'll end up enjoying VA! Those books are so awesome and keeps getting better and more exciting as the series progresses. There are no words to describe how perfect Rose and Dimitri are for each other. I'm looking forward to reading your review of VA.

      Delete
  9. Omgggg I love almost half of your choices!! I don't know some of them because I haven't read the books :( Rose and Dimitri are my all time favorite, I love Adrian and Sydney's pair too, and Lachlan and Naomi from Unravel were so sweet together. The book was so depressing, and yet amazing ..
    Great post <3 xBenish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richelle Mead does know how to write swoon worthy male characters and make us ship the romance waaay too hard haha. I loved Unravel so much, that book deserves more attention that it gets. I was just searching for books like that but can't really find any, do you know something like it?

      Delete
  10. Sydrian for life!!!I can't state in words how much I love this couple.They are my wonderful OTP even though the books started to disappoint me and the covers are horrible.
    Rose and Dimitri are as wonderful as well.I loved their forbidden romance and the sexual tension between them.It was so hot and sweet.
    Richelle Mead is amazing in writing couples.I also liked Lissa and Christian,Jill and Eddie and Trey and Angeline.She's a great matchmaker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That she is! I haven't thought it through like this but I kinda love every couple in the VA world. I'm just sad because Christian had close to no role in the Bloodlines series and Lissa seemed so cold and distant in the last couple of books. I was sad because in The Ruby Circle we didn't even get to see Angeline and Trey together in the end... Anyhow, still love all these characters!

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)