Tuesday, February 24

Top Ten Badass Heroines

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Hello lovelies. Today I'm here with my list of my top ten badass heroines. I chose 'badass heroines' instead of YA or Fantasy heroines because I wish I'd be more badass and I like to think so that I'd have the inner strenght in a risky situation (which I would totally not but hey a girl can dream, right?).

This week I chose to paste in quotes from these characters instead of telling you why I chose them. I love all these characters and these are my favorite quotes from them so I hope you'll enjoy this post. 

Happy reading!



10. Lila Zacharov from The Curse Workers trilogy

“Don’t.” She (Lila) looks directly into my eyes. After a month of being forced to avoid her, I feel stripped bare by her gaze. “You can be as much of a charming bastard as you want, but you’re never going to bullshit your way into my heart again.”



9. Anita Blake from Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series

“Never trust people who smile constantly. They're either selling something or not very bright.”


“Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop.”


8. Jubilee  from This Shattered World (Starbound #2)


“And what does Jubilee Chase want to do with her life, if she’s not hunting down rebel leaders and skinning them alive?” 

“I don’t know. Something extremely boring. I could go to night school and learn dentistry.” 
That makes him laugh, a quick burst of a chuckle that makes my own lips curve. 
“Oh, God no. No way could you be a dentist.” 
“I could! I’d be a damn good dentist.”


7. Jess from 1-800-Where-R-You series

“Who-who are you?" Seth asked, hesitantly."Wh-what do you want?" How else was was I supposed to reply? The words were out of my mouth before I could stop them.I mean, I'd only seen the movie like seventeen times.
"I'm Luke Skywalker," I said. "I'm here to rescue you.”

6. Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy


“What the hell?" I asked. Is this daring escape being sponsored by Honda?” 


“And I thought the whole point of my education was that violence IS the answer.” 

5. Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson and the Olympians

“I've been waiting a long time for a quest, seaweed brain," she said. "Athena is no fan of Poseidon, but if you're going to save the world, I'm the best person to keep you from messing up.” 

And she was only twelve then. Twelve.

4. Belle Jamison from The Tales of an Extraordinary Girl series


“So I’d tasered my boyfriend. Other girls have done worse. I felt bad, really, but I wasn’t going to beat myself up over it.”


3. MacKayla Lane from The Fever series


“Have you been in a fight? No, let me guess; you saved a wounded dog, again?” I said dryly. That was the excuse he’d used last time. 

“I had a nosebleed.” 
“Nosebleed, my petunia.” 
“Petunia?” 
“Ass, Barrons. As in you are one.”


2. Caroline 'Merit' Merit from Chicagoland Vampires 

“I'm really about as good at relaitionships as I am at being a vampire. I'm kind of a smart but surprisingly inept kind of girl.” 

“I frowned with disappointment. I’m not sure what I’d expected to see, although a short, dark-haired man standing beneath a floating neon arrow that read BAD GUY HERE would have been nice. A suspect and quick confession wouldn’t have been amiss, either. This was a lot harder than in the movies.” 

1. Cat Crawfield from The Night Huntress series

“Life’s a bitch and then one stabs you.”




So that was all for today. I hope we have some common favorites or, better yet, you found a book that you're interested in reading. Don't forget to share with me who are YOUR favorite badass heroines! Leave me a link to your list and I'll gladly check it out. 

Bye! :)

32 comments:

  1. We don't have a common heroine! I do really want to read This Shattered World though, so happy to see a heroine on your list from that book! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, now I'm excited to see your list. :) This Shattered World was AWESOME. I think the story was better than in These Broken Stars but the romance was worse, not bad just not as great.

      Delete
  2. Jubilee and Rose made my list, too. I haven't read a few of these series and mine was YA only. Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are way to awesome not to be included in my list! Will check out your list as well! Thanks. :)

      Delete
  3. YAY, I loved Rose's character! I'm glad to see her on here :) Lovely list, I still have yet to check out the starbound series, the covers are so amazing .. Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose is so freaking awesome, I might just reread the series one of these days. You totally should, because not only the covers are amazing. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh man, Lila is so badass. I totally understand Cassel's obsession. & Jessss. LOVE the 1-800-where-are-you series!!! That and The Mediator series are my favorite Cabot series. Between Sydney & Rose, I think I'm more like Sydney....but maybe that's why I admire Rose so much. She truly is badass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wish we would have a sequel from her POV! It'd be so amazing to see the world through her away. And I wanna know more about her dad haha. The best series by Cabot, it's nice to see someone else loving them. If I hadn't made a list of badass characters, I'd have chosen Sydney but I think Rose, like you said, truly is badass.

      Delete
  5. OMG LILA ZACKEROFF!! I literally don't know anyone who's read that trilogy and it. is. the. best! *flails* I just finished Black Heart and I LOVE HOW IT ENDED. Lila is badass for sure and one of my favourites. xD
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you loved so much the trilogy! My favorite from the three was Red Glove but the third book was quite awesome too! I want to learn more about Lila's family. It's so rare when the main characters are actual criminals.

      Delete
  6. Lovely List, this really is a good list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh jeez, I only know about Rose and Annabeth and I forgot to put the latter on my list, or rather I chose someone else hahahahaha but Rose had to be on my list because besides Hermione she's the other female character I was incredibly attached to when I was younger, or rather I wanted to be her (not just because of Dimitri, even though he's a very good reason to be in her position LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same with Hermione as you are with Annabeth. I wanted to add her but there were others I wanted more, if that makes sense. It's so strange that I read Harry Potter when I was little, still I never became that attached to Hermione, even though I loved her. I was more attached to Meg Cabot characters and obviously Rose. That he is haha. :))

      Delete
  8. Yay for Rose!I love that girl a lot even when I was a bit upset with her for using Adrian's feelings for her advantage.
    And I think she and Dimitri make a kick ass pair!
    I've only read the first book of Chicagoland Vampires,but I loved Merit!I also like Ethan though he a was a bit of an asshole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest at that time I hated Adrian so I didn't care about his feelings. At all. Now I just feel extra-bad because that didn't even cross my mind. They totally do! I loved seeing them together in The Ruby Circle through other people's eyes.
      Merit is one of the best characters out there. I love Ethan too, he changes a lot as the series progresses, and we can see him in a different light. Or maybe he just grew on me haha.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. IKR? Such a shame that the series ended. :(

      Delete
  10. Wonderful idea to post quotes from these awesome sounding heroines! (I could do something like that if I'd ever actually save quotes.) While we don't have any heroines in common, I now have several more books/series I want to read thanks to these kick-ass sounding ladies.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all of these quotes were saved, Goodreads, Pinterest and Tumblr are always a huge help for me to find awesome quotes. :) I'm glad you found some that you're interested in! :)

      Delete
  11. I really want to read Vampire Academy. I've had it on my bookshelf for a while, but I just haven't found the time. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read it now! haha. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it. :) Thanks.

      Delete
  12. Even though I don't know the characters you've listed above, I am familiar with most of them. I've seen Rose make it to a couple of top ten heroine lists, so maybe I should think about picking up the books. There's soooo many! I tried to watch the movie, but I couldn't get into it so hopefully that's not a sign lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie is NOTHING like the book! Many things were changed and it got kind of a cheap comedy feeling. I did like the movie though but again it's nothing like the book, so you should give it a chance. :)

      Delete
  13. Great list! Annabeth Chase is on my list too! Well, who wouldn't put Annabeth on their list of favorite heroines! She's one of the best female protagonists I've read about! Also I can't believe I didn't mention Rose in my post! It completely slipped through my mind! She is such an amazing and fun character to read about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She's one of the most awesome characters I've ever read about. I haven't read The Heroes of Olympus series just yet because my friend didn't enjoy it quite as much as the original series so I'm a bit afraid. But I'll get around it. I think.

      Delete
  14. I LOVE ROSE! Those quotes totally reminded me why! AND THERE'S HUNDREDS MORE! Okay, I just can't stop fangirling over her awesomeness. I really need to read VA again soon.
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was reading a lot of quotes when I found these too and oh my god now I want a reread too! Haha.
      Thanks! :D

      Delete
  15. I L-O-V-E Cat and Rose so much! They are two incredible heroines that I'll never forget :)

    Here's my ttt: SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, both of them is so badass. :DD

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)