Tuesday, February 17

Ten Book Related Problems I Have

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Hello everyone. Today's top ten tuesday topic is: ten book related problems I have. I have quite a few of these and I'm excited to share them with you. And hear about yours, as always. I'm not sure mine will be all that creative but I can't just pass on a TTT, so I'm gonna try. 



1. Reading in the car or bus makes me nauseous

The funny thing is that this doesn't always happen, and I don't even know why is that! One thing is for sure, if it does come, it comes after more than half an hour of reading, and it never happens on the train.

2. It's hard to eat and read at the same time (my two favorite things)

It's hard holding a book in your hand and using cutlery at the same time, that's where the problem starts. But even if you find a flat surface for your ereader or choose to read on your computer there's the problem of having to stop reading before every mouthful of food. This way I'd have to stop reading after like... every paragraph. And even if I'm eating only cookies I have to move my hand and that doesn't allow me to get lost in the book completely. Robots that put the food in my mouth while reading should be available. 


3. Feeling bad far abandoning reading to watch tv shows or movies.

I don't think there's much to talk about this. It might sound a bit over-the-top, and logically I know it's crazy but I can't help it. This year I don't feel that bad for doing this but still... 

4. Lending my books

I'm pretty sure this is something that all of us have to deal with. On one hand it feels awesome to share a book with the people I love but on the other hand I'm always afraid something will happen to my lovely books. And then I'd have to 

5. Hearing that someone damaged a book

Example: One of my close friends borrowed a book from the library and told me that there were three copies to choose from and she had no idea which to borrow because the two old ones were in terrible condition but she felt like it would be horrible to ruin the newer edition. And then she told me that most likely it'll get damaged in her bag. I had NO IDEA how to tell her that I was so mad at her for foreseeing how she would ruin the book, instead of trying to stop it before it happens. ARRGH. Books should never ever be treated badly, not even if they're not yours or you hated them. Or else I'll find you... 

6. Hating when life gets in the way of reading

Worst. Thing. Ever. There are those classes in high-school that I'll never ever need in my life, still I have to sit through them and than learn for the tests, instead of reading! What a horrible thing. 


7. Having different editions of a series, thus they don't match

This looks so bad. Covers I can deal with but height different is something that I hate. From the Bloodlines series I have the first book in a small edition (UK), the second and third in bigger edition (US) and the others again in small editions. You know how does that look on my shelf? 


8. Not having enough time (and money) to read (and buy) all the new releases

I love discovering new books, and new releases, so much that I made a feature out of them on my blog {February Releases} but if I look back at all the releases I honestly don't think I've read half of them. It's so hard to choose between new releases and older books. No one should have to deal with such a decision as we readers have when choosing our next read. 


9. To watch or not to watch book adaptations

I'm pretty sure all of you have at least one adaptation that you wish you'd have never seen. Some turn out really awesome, but some can't measure up to the book by far. And of course there are the ones that are so completely changed that you don't even know what are you watching (hey Percy Jackson). So I'm always looking forward to new adaptations but I'm afraid of them turning out meh. Does that make sense? 


10. Being disappointed in a sequel, or even worse, in a conclusion of a series

I honestly don't think there's anything worse than hating a sequel or conclusion of a series that you previously adored. This happened to me countless times, for example with Ashes to Ashes or Fall From India Place or most lately with The Ruby Circle

You wait months or at some times more than a year for the sequel and then it isn't good. At first you don't want to believe that this series can go downhill for you but then you do and it becomes even more devastating. Dramatic much? Nah. 

That was all for today. Tell me do we have any common book related problems? What the most annoying book related problem you've ever encountered with? Share with me your TTT links in the comments! 

Bye! 

20 comments:

  1. I hate lending books!Some people really don't know how to use books. I've had really bad experiences with lending.My books come back spine cracked,the pages dog eared,the covers would have lost their shine,there would be pen marks on pages and covers.
    It makes me really angry and I've stopped lending books to people.
    Great list by the way,it was totally relateable.

    Here's my list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always so mad at those people who give it back damaged. I mean they are not only ruining my things but they don't even respect me enough to take good care of my stuff. Then I realize that for some people books are just books, but they are not! They might not cost a fortune but they are still valuable, maybe not for them but for us yeah!

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. You made me laugh about your friend and her "plan" to damage a book. I would want to say, "Books are people too!". And the reading while in a car - not so much for me either. Happily, there are audiobooks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that would have been an awesome thing to say. I HATE when people don't care about books just because it's from the library! Even if it's not yours you should be careful with them!

      Delete
  3. I've started being really careful about lending out books ever since I was visiting someone that I'd lent a book too and found it on the floor, shoved behind his chair! No way. You don't do that when you borrow books from someone. (Needless to say, I've not lent books to him since then.) I actually don't have a problem eating and reading - but I've had a lot of practice with that in my life. In fact, I usually try not to eat while I'm reading because I've eaten over half a bag of chips that way. Not exactly healthy.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my that sounds terrible. Once I lent a book to a classmate and then saw it being forced into her backpack. I was so freaked out but couldn't say anything about it because I'd be the snob one then. You're lucky haha. Two years back I was able to eat popcorn while reading but I lost this ability somewhere aling the way. You should see how much food I carry into the movie theater.... chips, popcorn, donuts, chocolate... and then we eat all of it... and then I feel like throwing up haha.

      Delete
  4. I agree with all of them but oh, number 8 is what makes me the saddest LOL I get what is like to feel disappointed with a conclusion and is such a shame; wasting your time to read something that lets you down, that's the worse... Oh, and regarding lending books... well, I don't. I love my babies too much to just lend them to people who I know won't treat them as good as I do hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Number 8 is the real heartbreaker. I don't think anything can be worth than not being able to buy the book(s) you want. And when you buy it but don't have time to read it... well that's not a good feeling either. Haha, I can't help lending my books! It's a diseases of mine. Whenever a classmate mentions a book that I have I can't stop myself from offering to lend it. So yeah, you can say that I can thank myself if my books are damaged.

      Delete
  5. I dislike it when life gets in the way of reading too!! Here's a link to my TTT for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-book-related.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. When life gets in the way of reading, I just feel lost. I want to be in bookland forever, and then reality hits me! Great points!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's the worst when you previous thought that you'll have hours, or possibly the whole day, to read and then something gets in the way. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Great list! I hate having different editions of a series as well. I want everything to match and just be gorgeous on my shelves! I hate being disappointed in sequels or series endings as well. For some weird reason, I've noticed that the second book in every series tends to be my favorite. Thanks for sharing!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when my editions don't match but what I hate more is when they change the looks of the book mid-series... then I have no chance of getting matching covers. Haha, that's funny because I'm usually the most disappointed in second books, though this mainly applies to trilogies.

      Delete
  8. OMG yes Ashes To Ashes was so disappointing. And I actually loved the second one which was a suprise.
    Life is always in the way of reading. GET IN LINE LIFE. I need reading time.
    I wish I could have all the new releases. And the older books. Why can't we have it all. Money will always be an issue.
    Fantastic post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ADORED the second book so freaking much. It was so much better than the first novel and made me eager to read the conclusion and then.... such a disappointment.
      I wish books would be free because then I could have any of them that I want.
      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  9. I agree with the sequels and series enders, if the ending isn't good - it kind of kills the whole series for me :( I also like the point you made about people damaging books, I hate when that happens especially when they're my own .. Great list :) x Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a series being ruined is one of the worst things that could happen to a reader, and it happened quite a few times with me.
      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  10. Yeah reading on the car makes me sick as well. I'm quite sure it can happen to anyone who has their head down because the car is really bumpy and stuff (not really sure of the actual reason but it's something like that) and well, on train, the ride is much smoother and I don't feel sick when I'm reading on the train. I actually always watch the adaptation, if there is one! I'm always curious, haha.

    Great post! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who's never sick on the bus or car, even if she reads. But she can't value this enough because she doesn't read much haha. Yeah me too. I know it's crazy but I watch the adaptation even if I hated the book.

      Thanks! <33

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)