Saturday, December 20

Top Ten Books I Read In 2014


Hey sweeties. Today I’m here with this week’s Top Ten Tuesday post. TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week’s topic is the top ten books I read in 2014. I read many-many books this year so I'm going to go with naming top ten (drum rolls) sequels! Soo my top ten sequels of 2014 are...

My picks are in no particular order. 
Click on the covers for Goodreads page. 





If you regularly read my blog you must know that I love The Selection series. You can say anything but I'll still think it's really creative and that by the third book not only the characters developed a lot, but Kiera Cass' writing style as well. I'm glad I didn't give up on this series when I couldn't get into the book immediately because I'd have left out on a great adventure. 



I said it before, but I'll say it again, start this series if you haven't yet because these books just keep getting better and better. 


I'm not fond of Adrian's POV, even though I love him, but I did enjoy The Fiery Heart and was glad to yet again found Mead's another YA book that just sucks you in. 


I didn't expect much from this book. I wrote off Lauren as a fake party girl who doesn't give two shits about other people. Boy, was I wrong! The characters were amazing and I just adored how the previous main characters popped up in this. 


After two books of pure perfection I was sure Samantha Young was going to fail me (which she did with Fall from India Place but that's another story) but she made me fall in love with yet another set of characters. Loved it! 



Saying that I was skeptical about this book would be an understatement. I didn't really enjoyed Days of Blood & Starlight and was mortified when I realised how many unsold things Laini Taylor left for the last book. In the end everything was unfolded neatly and the characters developed tons too. 



Even though Ashes to Ashes was a HUGE disappointment, Fire with Fire didn't leave me anything to desire for. It was much better than the first book, the relationships were really well-written and the characters developed a lot too. Wonderful read! 




This was my favorite book from the trilogy even though I figured out the mystery waay before Cassel. Anyhow read this trilogy if you like mystery because it was freaking amazing. 


And yet again Maggie Stiefvater delivered what we expected: a colorful sequel to the Raven Boys. I wouldn't say I didn't have problems with Blue Lily, Lily Blue but they weren't enough to make me give anything less than 5 stars to this masterpiece. 


Not my favorite trilogy but The Scorch Trials were amazing! Loved every minute of reading it. There was always something new that was happening and I could never be sure of who to trust and who to hate. 


Honorable Mentions: 


My review of: 

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my list. Tell me your favorite sequels in the comments and don't forget to share with me your lists! 




18 comments:

  1. Only book I've read of your list was The Scorch Trials and I have to agree. It was really good, so many twists. The last book was a bit of a letdown but the first two books were awesome! I seriously need to read A Fiery Heart and I should start both The Lunar Chronicles and The Daughter of Smoke and Bone but I never find the time and being on a slump like I'm right now is not helping =(
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last book was such a disappointment. After the mind-blown the second book I was I expected something like that and then that horrible book. I have to say I pretty much hated Thomas by the end so that might cloud my judge a little.
      You keep saying you'll read The Fiery Heart but then never do! I'm starting to get really impatient! haha. You better start The Lunar Chronicles, those books are mind-blowingly amazing! :DD
      Thanks. :D

      Delete
  2. So many awesome sequels on your list, Veronica! I haven't read some of these series. But I seriously loved Cress and Dreams of Gods and Monsters and The Fiery Heart and Mine to Spell! The Mine series is a hidden gem, isn't it? :)
    I have nominated you for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers award! See my post for more details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Lunar Chronicles books are amazing! Recommend for everyone. Exactly! I was surprised when I realised that so few people read that series. Those books are freaking wonderful! Thank you soo much but unfortunately I did it not so long ago . Would that be okay if I answered your questions in a Q&A post? Because I love your questions. :)

      Delete
  3. Red Glove is one of those books that has been on my TBR pile since before it even came out. I have no excuse for not reading it, since I really enjoyed the first two books. Good to know that it's even better than the first two. Great list, I will have to check out some of the others you have listed.

    My TTT
    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red Glove was really amazing so read it ASAP! Glad you enjoyed the Curse Workers trilogy so far! :D

      Delete
  4. I loved THE ONE. I listened to the series on audio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have meet you fellow Selection fan :DD.

      Delete
  5. I'm not really that big of a fan of Adrian's POV (I prefer when we are watching him from Sydney's head. I'm such a perv now) I still find it interesting. And I loved The Fiery Heart so much.
    Cress is sadly not on my list (too many books) but it's a honorable mention. The books are just so much fun and excitment.
    And Dreams Of Gods & Monsters. Well it's on my list too. I loved it too much.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer that too! Adrian's POV is kind of an illusion destroyer. I mean I still love him but I think I imagined his thoughts a tad bit differently. And I feel like now that we have both of their POVs Sydney feels like the adult one and that is not romantic. At all. haha.
      I'm looking forward to checking out your list! :)

      Delete
  6. Great picks! I loved The Fiery Heart, Before Jamaica Lane and As Long As You Love Me.

    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the conclusion of The Bloodlines series will live up to the previous books. Before Jamaica Lane is probably my fav. from the series. :D

      Delete
  7. Great list! I loved Cress so much! I really need to continue with the Raven Boys series and The Maze Runner series!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      It definitely was one of the best books this year, I think. You totally should continue both they are freaking amazing! :)

      Delete
  8. Cress was definitely one of my favorites, too. I got an ARC of it, though, so technically I read it back in 2013. XD Glad to see that you liked it, though! I really enjoyed Scorch Trials, too!

    Here's my TTT, if you're interested: http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/2014/12/top-ten-books-i-read-in-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to say I'm jealous because of that but to be honest I only started the series this year. *bows head in shame*. Haha. Anyhow I'm glad you love the series too!
      Will definitely check your TTT out! :)

      Delete
  9. The only one on your list I've read is The One, and I really liked it! I'm nervous about the continuation of the series, though. I hope it isn't too repetitive of America's story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid of that too but I hope it won't be. I can't imagine how this will go down with that many guys... *-* hope it will be amazing.

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)