Saturday, December 20

The Christmas Carol Book Tag


Today I’m here with the Christmas Carol Book tag thanks to two wonderful bloggers who kindly tagged me. Thank you so much Noelia @ A Day In Book Land and Sabrina @ Sabrina's Stories. :)

In this challenge I'm going to pick one book to each song, ten in total. The only thing left is to start this so let's get started. 
1. "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch"

Name a villainous character you can't help but love to hate.

The villains from Dangerous Girls and Dangerous Boys both by Abigail Haas but I can't really name anyone from those without spoiling the fun.  

2. "All I Want for Christmas Is You"

What book do you most want to find under your Christmas tree this year? 

Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout but that's kinda impossible because The Book Depository hasn't started selling paperback or hardback copies of it yet. 

3. "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer"
Name your favorite character that had to overcome a major obstacle. Why are they your favorite?  

The first person that I can think of at the moment is Rob from as long as you love me. His family always supported his younger sister, they told her how smart she was and how one they she would succeed in whatever she wanted to do. Meanwhile they never told Rob anything like that and because of his silent nature people assumed he was 'slow'... which he wasn't. He had to overcome his fears and finally believe in himself. He is my favorite because he was awesome. :DD 

4. "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"

Which character do you think is at the top of Santa's "Nice" List and which is at the top of his "Naughty" List? 

At the top of the "Nice" list is Cress from The Lunar Chronicles. She is a genuinely nice character with just enough naivety that she still remains cute. At the top of the "Naughty" list is Jack from The Perfect Game because duh.. he's a cheater and I do not tolerate them.  

5. "Frosty the Snowman"

What book just melts your heart? 

I honestly can't pick. Usually every romantic moment melts my heart. Plus the ones about true friendship and family love. I'm easily melted lol. 

6. "Feliz Navidad"

Your favorite book that takes place in a country other than your own? 

Nearly every book takes place in a different country than mine but whatever let's pick Anna and the French Kiss because after answering the 5th question I can't get it out of my head. 

7. "It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"

What book do you read to get you into the Christmas spirit? 

I'm over half of My True Love Gave To Me and I love it so far! I'm sure this will be a book that I reread before every Christmas. 

8. "Sleigh Ride"
What character would you most want to spend the holiday with?

You can't possibly expect me to choose just one, can you? I'd love to spend the holidays with not only one character I love but a group of character that are really close to each other. Like the group from The Lunar Chronicles (Cinder, Kai, Iko, Scarlet, Wolf, Cress and Thorne) or the crew from Bloodlines (Adrian, Sydney, Jill, Eddie, Angeline, Trey and anyone else from that world). I hate that we rarely get to see a Christmas of characters I remember I read about Cat and Bones' Christmas (or at least a beginning of one) in one of The Night Huntress books and it was awesome. It was kinda screwed up and messy but that was the thing that made it perfect in my eyes. 

9. "Baby It's Cold Outside"

Which book do you hate so much you'd sacrifice it to the fire to stay warm? 

Bully by Penelope Douglas. I know this worked out for many but for me it was utterly horrible. 


10. "Do You Hear What I Hear?"
What book would you recommend to everyone?


A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. It's easily comprehensible so children can understand it but at the same time it has so many feels that it might be even better for young adult or adults. 



That was all for today but tomorrow I'll be back with The Christmas Gift Guide Tag. 
I won't tag anyone because there are only four days until Christmas (crazy huh?) and I'm not sure who'd have enough time to do this. Let's just say, consider yourselves tagged if you want to. :)

10 comments:

  1. This is the perfect tag for the holiday season! I might just have to post responses myself (I'd link back to you, of course). I have yet to read Scarlet or Cress, but I absolutely loved Cinder, and I know I'd enjoy hanging out with her, Kai and Iko as well! They all come from completely different backgrounds and lifestyles but somehow seamlessly relate with each other, which is just right for the holiday season. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and happy new year!:)

    Claire @ Cover to Cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to read your responses so I'll watch out for your post! :) The Lunar Chronicles is probably the only series I can think of that keeps getting better without being too much so CONTINUE IT. :DD
      Thank you soo much! I hope you'll too have a wonderful Christmas and happy New Year! :))

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Oops.. sorry I deleted the last comment. But a great holiday to you too:D! I think I'll post my responses Christmas day and leave them up until Sunday.

      Delete
  2. This is nice. I will be checking some of the books mentioned here. Thanks for posting.

    Eduardo @ BoomingBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll find some that you like :)

      Delete
  3. This tag looks like so much fun!! Oh I need to read Dangerous Girls and Dangerous Boys so bad! I hear they're amazing. Awesome post and happy holidays!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so do it if you have a little time :))
      Those two are my favorites in the Mystery genre, they were equally amazing just in different ways.
      Thank you! Awesome holidays to you too! :)

      Delete
  4. So glad you did the tag! ;) This Rob characters looks like someone I would like to read about. I might check out the book ^^ I can relate to question number 6 because all books take place out of my own country. I'm not complaining really because I get to visit other places through reading them hehehe
    Spending the holidays with the Bloodlines series characters is something I would love to do. The sassiness within Adrian would mean a perfect holiday season full with laughter. Jeez, I love him so much!
    A Monster Calls is a brilliant book. And I agree, most middle-grade books I've been reading can be easily aim for young adult or adult readers because of the themes explored. I really appreciate it when authors do that
    Great answers Veronika :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book before that (I Want It That Way) was amazing as well and the said sister is the main character. That's the right way of thinking haha. At least Spain is a well known country, I'm pretty sure many people have no idea where Hungary is or don't even know it exists. Not that I'm complaining I suck at Geography soo. haha.
      A Christmas with Adrian *-*
      I just bought More Than This by Patrick Ness and I really hope it will live up to my expectations. Have you read it?
      Thanks and thanks again for tagging me :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)