Wednesday, December 3

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award/Tag


Hello darlings. From the title you could've seen that I'm not entirely sure if this is a tag or an award because everyone seems to think differently but I'm going to say it's a tag because I might tag people who have award free blogs. All thanks to the lovely Holly over at The Fox's Hideaway  and Claire over at Cover to Cover who were both kind enough to tag me. 



Thanks to being tagged by two bloggers I'm answering 20 questions. Get ready for a bunch of boring answers the fun! 



The Rules:

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their website.
2. Post the award’s logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you have been asked.
4. Nominate ten other bloggers and ask them ten other questions.



Holly's questions:

1. Why did you start blogging?

I love to read and while I have some reader friends neither one of them read as many books as I do and I don't think any one of them is an as huge reader as I am. They were kind enough to listen to my ranting, mainly Suzie who I told up to 50 complete books last year but it wasn't the same as talking about books with someone. If I want to be completely honest I felt like a freak. I mean there were all those friends of mine who read books but they never understood my fangirling completely. I decided to become a blogger because I wanted to share my opinion on books, and meet with people who understand this part of me. I didn't know the blogging community is this big and big communities frighten me so it's really hard for me to actually interact with you guys. I really hope I'll become more confident and be able to take part in more things in the very close future. 

2. Do you have any quirky reading habits?

I don't think so...?

3. What book have you reread the most?

Wait for You by J. Lynn. I can't get bored of that book and I don't even know why. I mean it was branded nothing special in the most reviews I read and if I want to be honest I couldn't name a thing in it that makes it so unique. I just love that book, the characters and the author too. Whenever I don't want to start a new book I go back to that one and reread it.

4. What do you do when you're in a reading slump?

I don't start new books because I'll most likely end up hating them. As long as I really don't feel like reading I'll find other things to do such as watching tv shows. As soon as I feel like the reading slump has lightened I'll read quotes from my favorite books or parts of my favorite books, that usually puts me in a great mood and I just want to find more books that could be my favorites one day. 

5. Do you judge a book by its cover?

I don't judge them by their covers but I do pick up books because of their covers. I mean if I like the blurb I'll read it even if the cover is the ugliest thing. When I'm at the bookstore or browsing through Goodreads, what is the first thing that catches my eyes? Yes, the cover. So I don't actually judge a book by it's cover but a cover has to be eye catching to make me pick up the novel. 

6. If you could live in one fictional world, what would it be?

Tough question. There are so many fictional words I love but I wouldn't really want to be any of those because with my luck I'd end up being the one who has the worst possible situation. Like I love The Selection trilogy and think that world is interesting but I'm sure I'd be in one of the lowest casts. I'm going to go with being a witch (who most likely dies before defeating Voldemort) in the Harry Potter world. 

7. What's one of your pet peeves in books?

Love triangles. Sometimes I can tolerate them (Selection series) but most of the time they make me give up on series (Shapeshifter) or tv shows (Vampire Diaries). 

8. When thinking about reading a book, do you research it and ask friends about it, or do you like taking chances and going in blind?

If any of my friends read it I ask their opinion but I'll only research a book if I'm hesitant to pick it up. If I'm sure I want to read it I honestly don't care about others' opinion. 

9. Which fictional character would you love to spend the day with?

Cress from The Lunar Chronicles. She's the most adorable character I've ever read about. OR Jazz from I Hunt Killers. I love reading about and researching serial killers. I know it's kinda morbid but their way of thinking is so interesting and who knows them better than Jazz? 

10. Who is your favorite OTP (one true pairing)?

Sydrian - Sydney and Adrian from Bloodlines. To those who've read the series I don't have to tell why, do I? To those who haven't yet I have only one thing to say: READ IT!


Claire's questions:

 1. Introduce yourself! Bullet five random facts we don't know about you.


I. I've always wanted a teacup pig, but honestly who doesn't find this cute: 


(and yes, I do know it gets bigger, duh.)


II. I love cartoons such as SpongeBob and Adventure Time. 
III. Some of my favorite singers and bands are: Lorde, Taylor Swift, The Pretty Reckless, Fall Out Boy, Sia and Ellie Goulding
IV. I love horror movies, more so if I can watch them in the cinema, even though I'm always scared.
V. I usually read on the boring classes. 

2. What's your biggest bookish pet peeve?

Besides love triangles I despise when something just doesn't make sense. I'm all in for strange stories but pretty please explain it so all of us can believe it. 

3. Tell us about a character you love to hate.

There might be something wrong with me but there are no such book character to me. I think that's because I connect to the main characters too strongly to even see the bad guys' point of view. Strange thing is that in tv shows or movies I can love the bad characters too. 

4. Do you DNF books? Why or why not?

No, because I can't give up anything. I'm crazy, I know but I have to skim through a book even if I hate it.

5. Love triangles v. insta-love v. forbidden love. Which is the worst?

I detest love triangles and I don't like insta-love either, meanwhile I think forbidden love can be an exciting theme and it can make for a good story. The worst are the love triangles by far. 

6. A book ship that just doesn't work for you.

The Vampire Academy series ended years ago but the Adrian and Rose pairing is still one that I detest. Now I think he's much better than Dimitri but at that time I hated him and Rose too for being with him. 

7. Grab the book closest to you, turn to page 47, and type a quote from the second paragraph.


"The nightmare always begin the same, my mother tucking me into bed, kissing my forehead, and saying good-bye." - One the Fence by Kasie West
No spoilers please, I've not read this yet. 

8. Has a book ever made you cry? If yes, what book?

Yes, Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. Now thinking about it, it's time for a reread.

9. Make a soundtrack of three or more songs to correspond with events happening in the most recent book you've read.

I was never good in these kind of things but I can try. I finished As Long As You Love Me by Ann Aguirre just this morning so obviously I'm going to pick songs for that one.


 1. When Lauren thought Rob would never look at her that way. 




2. How Lauren felt when she was with Rob: 



3. The break up




 10. If you could live in any book setting, which would you choose? 

Already answered in Holly's questions. 



My questions:

1. Do you prefer hardbacks, paperbacks, ebooks or audiobooks? 
2. What is the book that would make a great movie in your opinion? (Choose one that hasn't been filmed yet.)
3. You are having a horrible day. What book can lighten your mood?
4. Who are your favorite musicians? 
5. Do you like Christmas themed books? Favorite one? (I'm dying to get some recommendations.)
6. What is your least favorite series or novel and why? 
7. Have you ever gotten into an arguement because of/about a book? 
8. Who's your favorite secondary character? 
9. How do you feel about writing negative reviews? 
10. What was the longest time you've gone without reading?

 I'm tagging:

Kaycee K. @ Spilling Words

I could only come up with 8 bloggers I want to tag/nominate because everyone else seem to have done it already. I know, I suck. Sorry if I forgot anyone, I'm kind of a mess.

Anyhow, huge thanks to Claire and Holly for nominating/tagging me. Seriously, you're too sweet. :) 


9 comments:

  1. Great answers! I started blogging for the same reason, my friends and family don't read as much as I do so I need people to just talk and talk and fangirl all over the place about books LOL
    SYDRIAN! I know I still have to read the last two books published and then The Ruby Circle but I ship them so freaking much and I hope for a happy ending there, let's hope Michelle Read gives us that!
    I don't DNF books as well. I mean, I put my time to get into the story... what if I decide to put the book down and never get to know if it would get better? I need to know! hahaha and I also read during boring classes. I remember my sophomore year when I was doing Psychology and I had this curse that was like the biggest boring thing ever and I remember I used those hours to read The Pillars of the Earth. I could have paid attention if I wanted to but the book was just so good and I was so hooked that I just couldn't help myself!
    And regarding the whole love triangle, insta-love and forbidden love. I prefer the latter all the way but if I have to choose between love triangle and insta-love I would go with insta-love. It makes me cringe so badly. I cringe as well with love-triangles but sometimes those are well written and developed you know? Insta-love is completely unfathomable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love my friends but I wish I'd know at least one person in real life who loves reading as much as I do. As I said, I'm so hoping you'll enjoy all the books in the Bloodlines series and I'm looking forward to chatting about them with you. :)
      Exactly! Plus if I bought or got the book as a present I won't give up on it because duh I payed for it, or someone else did. If I borrowed it, it's easier to give up but I rarely do. I always promise myself I'll pay attention on all my classes but then end up reading. I can see why you'd prefer love-triangles over insta-love but after I read some pretty bad love-triangles I just can't help hating them the most. Strange that one of my favorite books has a love triangle in it, a poorly-done one too. (Selection)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for doing the tag, Veronika, I love your responses! I completely agree, Hogwarts is the obvious but awesome choice for living in a book setting. I mean, the talking pictures, the delicious delicacies, the magic, the floating staircases... ahh I'd love to live there.
    And the same with me, I just can't DNF books. I thought I was the only one. I hate leaving something incomplete, so I always finish a book or series, even if it stands as one of the worst things I've ever read *cough* FOURTH WITCH AND WIZARD BOOK *cough*.
    Love triangles and insta-love both irk me. I'm occasionally okay with a love triangle if it's extremely well-written, but if the triangle is too extended or getting to the point where somebody really needs to make a decision, I get annoyed. Insta-love is irritating to me because I literally see no development. The characters never actually interact. It's just one day: meet, next day: romance.
    But anyways, great answers, and that teacup pig picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the floating stairs and the pictures are amazing, I'd be the kid who can't even speak from being too stunned. I thought I'm the only one too. I always read reviews of DNF-ed books and I feel so stupid finishing every single book. A year or so ago I finished every series too and it was HORRIBLE but thankfully now I don't feel the need to do that. - I actually have the whole Fallen series, even though I stopped liking it in the second book. I'll definitely read the last one so maybe this habit of mine isn't completely gone.
      Iwantmyownpiggie.
      Thanks again for the nomination!

      Delete
  3. I have pretty much the exact same reason as you for starting blogging - and I'm scared of the large community too. That pig is the most adorable thing I've ever seen :O

    Thank you for tagging me - I've done this tag before, but I will just answer the questions on my blog, as long as that's okay with you? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be totally in for a little (or not that little) chat with you about books or anything else. Add me on Goodreads or on twitter if you'd like to. :) If you're like me you most likely won't because I always feel too scared to do this but whatever it would be amazing. :) See? Everyone should have a teacup pig.

      Oh, I'm sorry about that but you're welcome. :) That'd be perfectly fine with me.

      Delete
    2. I most certainly will add you on GR and Twitter! I'll try to remember that you're not a scary person and comment sometime ;P Yes, teacup pigs for everyone!

      No worries! Awesome.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed this! And oh, I totally understand how you feel about Wait for You. My favorite series ever is the Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts. I've reread the whole series three times (just this past November too). I don't even know why I love it so much, but I do. It's the books that I go to when I need a pick-me-up, when I'm in a slump, or when I just feel like reading something that I love and adore so much.

    I'm so TIRED of love triangles, but I can't seem to stop myself from reading books with them. But it just seems that YA can't let go of the trope. However, there have been quite a few that I've been able to look past and actually ENJOY, believe it or not. The Infernal Devices, The Archers of Avalon, The Kiss of Deception (though it's not reallllly one).

    Man, I still need to read I Hunt Killers! Sounds so good, and hey, I'm morbid too because I find the idea of serial killers fascinating (I'm really not crazy, I'm a psychology major, okay. Haha).

    Also, who wouldn't love to live in the world of Harry Potter (probably post-Voldemort, though)? I'd love to witch in that fictional place. :)

    And I haven't, uh, read the Bloodlines series yet... *hides away in shame*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving a book that you know isn't that special is so complicated. I mean when people diss it I can't even say a good enough reason to protect it because technically I know it's not that great.
      To be honest I didn't read the last book of The Infernal Devices because of, well... the love triangle. I plan on reading The Kiss of Deception and I heard it before that it's not exactly a love triangle so I'm looking forward to it.
      I Hunt Killers was really great, my review will be up... sometime if you are interested. Now I'll just have to order the other parts of the series. Post Voldemort it is.
      You HAVE TO read the Bloodlines series right now! But seriously whenever you feel like starting it just write to me and I'd gladly buddy (re)read it with you!

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)