Friday, December 12

2015 Reading Challenges



Hey guys. I'm so excited to tell you all that in 2015 I'll be participating in five reading challenges. I know, it sounds a bit too much and something that I can't possibly do but I hope I'll prove everyone who doubts that I'll succeed (including myself) wrong. I have close to no experience with challenges, honestly I've only participated in one so far:  2014 Summer Reading Challenge. It was fun but it wasn't nearly as much fun as I hope these five will be. If you are still looking for challenges to participate in I think you can find at least one from these four amazing challenges that will interest you. 

Click on the pictures for more info. 

 This was the first 2015 Reading Challenge I discovered and the one that made me remember it's time to look for challenges. I love all kinds of retellings, and the rules actually tell that the books you read don't have to be strictly fairytale retellings, any kind will do. I already have a few retellings that I plan on reading and I hope I'll be able to read manies.

I decided to choose the Magic Mirror level which means that I'll be reading 5-9 books. It's not that much but I'd rather take it easy because reading is no fun if I feel like I have to read to complete a goal. 


The 2015 Re-Read Challenge

I had no idea that something like The Re-Read Challenge exists but I'm so glad I found it. I enjoy rereading books that I loved and always wondered about how to review them properly. The two hosts found out a perfect way to re-read and review books at the same time. They, and me too, will be answering to these questions in the reviews:
  • WHEN I First Read
  • WHAT I Remember
  • WHY I Wanted to Re-Read
  • HOW I Felt After Re-Reading
  • WOULD I Re-Read Again
My goal: 10-20 books

This is a type of challenge that I've seen many versions of but for some reason I prefer The Alphabet Soup to all of those. Basically in the next days I'll share with you 26 book titles (one for each letter of the alphabet) that I plan on reading in 2015. I hope I'll succeed but with me you can never know haha.
/The list is up on my blog, you can view it here. I'm so proud of myself because I found a title that begins with the given letters, well besides X but that's nearly impossible soo.. /



  This is actually a bingo challenge that I'm dying to do! I love this challenge but I can't really say anything that's not completely obvious so I'm simply going to post the bingo table here.



I really want to read more classic books, I actually have some great ones on my TBR list but I'm open for recommendations. The thing is that I rarely take time to read these, to be honest I usually choose something more simpler and fun. I want to change this and finally get down to it so now I'm on reading as many classics as I can. In this challenge there are 12 categories and if you can tick at least 6 by the end of the year you can win a 30$ gift card on either Amazon or The Book Depository. So excited! 



I think I can say that I plan to be very active this year but who can blame me when there are so many wonderful challenges out there?  

17 comments:

  1. Great choice of challenges. I think you will be successful! Remember one book read may fulfil a slot in two or three challenges. Thanks for joining up to Full House 2015. Hope you really enjoy it. This is the first time I have seen this particular reread challenge and I think I might do it. I don't get to rereads much and had to push myself to complete the one I did this year. But I really like their suggestion of format for review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder and for hosting this amazing challenge. I love re-reading books. I think there are many things in a book that you might not realize/understand when you first read it, whilst if you re-read it you might see things in a different light. Hope you'll enjoy it if you choose to participate. :)

      Delete
  2. The Fairytale Challenge and the Back to the Classics challenge looks fantastic! I wish you all the best with your 2015 challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you too if you choose to participate in any. :)

      Delete
  3. Your challenges look like fun! The Fairy Tale one is tempting but I think I'm at my limit. Have fun with your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they will be as much as fun as they seem like. :) Oh, that's a pity, retellings are awesome. :) Thanks, you too!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for joining the fairytale challenge :D! I hope you have a lot of fun with all the books and posts I'm planning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting it! I'm sure I will! :)

      Delete
  5. These are some pretty awesome challenges!! I actually wanna try both the bingo and the alphabet so let's see how those two go and to be honest the classics one is also a good one since I'm planning on reading some classics on 2015.

    Good luck on completing all of these ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy them if you choose to participate. Unfortunately I have the feeling that I won't be able to complete the alphabet one because I'm horrible at reading books from a given list but let's hope for the best.

      Delete
  6. I've epically failed every single challenge I've ever done, but THAT DOESN'T STOP ME, MUAHAHA. I continue to do them. They're just too much fun. I've already made my 2015 A-Z Reading Challenge list, too, haha. But some of these looks really cool, like the Fairytale Challenge & the Classics Challenge...I think I might do those ones, as well. There's nothing wrong with being overly ambitious! hehe. Plus I feel like I read a ton of fairytale books, anyway....and I SHOULD read more Classics...if only for my own pride since people think I'm a book connoisseur (I'm a YA book connoisseur, hahaha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I hope this year you'll succeed in... let's say at least one challenge haha. Honestly I can particularly see myself failing the Classics Challenge and the Letter Soup challenge too. I guess we'll see. I feel the same way! And I really enjoy them too plus the blogger who hosts the challenge shared her Goodreads list of fairytales so I'll sure as hell browse that through in Christmas break.
      I think I might be one too hahaha. Hope you'll enjoy the challenges you take part in! :)

      Delete
  7. These look like a lot of fun! I did quite a few challenges this past year, but haven't been that great at keeping up with them. I probably won't be doing quite as many as this past year, but hope to do a few! :)

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! I hope you'll succeed in all the challenges you choose to participate in! :)

      Delete
  8. I am going to do the challenge too! I love me some re-tellings!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The alphabet soup challenge sounds interesting.
    Nadene @ http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)