Wednesday, November 12

Waiting on Wednesday #22: The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury


Hey guys. It’s time for WoW again. Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine and it spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly waiting for. For today I chose, the last time I'm participating in WoW I chose The Sin Eater's Daughter. Hope you'll enjoy. :) 


A startling, seductive, deliciously dark debut that will shatter your definition of YA fantasy.

16-year-old Twylla lives in the castle. But although she's engaged to the prince, no one speaks to her. No one even looks at her. Because Twylla isn't a member of the court. She's the executioner.

As the goddess-embodied, Twylla kills with a single touch. So each week, she's taken to the prison and forced to lay her hands on those accused of treason. No one will ever love her. Who could care for a girl with murder in her veins? Even the prince, whose royal blood supposedly makes him immune to her touch, avoids her.

But then a new guard arrives, a boy whose playful smile belies his deadly swordsmanship. And unlike the others, he's able to look past Twylla's executioner robes and see the girl, not the goddess. Yet a treasonous romance is the least of Twylla's problems. The queen has a plan to destroy her enemies-a plan that requires an unthinkable sacrifice. Will Twylla do what it takes to protect her kingdom? Or will she abandon her duty in favor of a doomed love?



The synopsis caught my attention at the first read because it sounds different from other YA Fantasy books I've read so far. And that cover is gorgeous, I can see myself picking it up at the bookstore because it's definitely attention catcher. 

What are you waiting for this week? Share with me your WoW post in the comments and do tell what do you think about The Sin Eater's Daughter. 

8 comments:

  1. This is one of the prettiest covers lately. Great pick!

    Glass @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read The Sin Eater's Daughter! And the cover really is gorgeous! I'm so guilty of reading books bases on pretty covers :) The blurb sounds awesome, too, so hopefully it'll be amazing :D Hope you love it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm the same way. The cover is the thing that catches my attention first and even if I hate the synopsis it's hard for me to let go of that novel because of the gorgeous cover. I really hope you'll love it too! :)

      Delete
  3. THAT COVER *_____* CAN I HAVE IT NOW, PLEASE?
    The main character and her ability reminds me of Juliette from The Shatter Me series, in a way but I like the royalty aspect of this book. Adding it to my TBR and let's see if it delivers =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to read the Shatter Me series but I can't wait for it! I hope you'll enjoy this. :)

      Delete
  4. OMG, Veronika it was the same for me. When I saw this cover on goodreads I just had to add it to my list. It is eye caching and beautiful. I cannot wait for this one awesome pick. I'm waiting on A Wicked Thing check it out over at
    blog @ Book Nerd Addicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay to gorgeous covers! Thanks. :) Will check it out. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)