Sunday, November 23

Ann Aguirre - I Want It That Way (2B Trilogy #1)

“Nobody's ever made my dreams come true before," he finally whispered.
"Then you were due."

Nadia Conrad has big dreams, and she's determined to make them come true—for her parents' sake as well as her own. But between maintaining her college scholarship and working at the local day care to support herself, she barely has time to think, let alone date. Then she moves into a new apartment and meets the taciturn yet irresistible guy in 1B….

Daniel Tyler has grown up too fast. Becoming a single dad at twenty turned his life upside down—and brought him heartache he can't risk again. Now, as he raises his four-year-old son while balancing a full-time construction management job and night classes, a social life is out of the question. The last thing he wants is for four noisy students to move into the apartment upstairs. But one night, Nadia's and Ty's paths cross, and soon they can't stay away from each other.

The timing is all wrong—but love happens when it happens. And you can't know what you truly need until you stand to lose it.






“Not all love stories end happily. Sometimes they just end.” 

To be honest I only picked up I Want It That Way because I couldn't sleep and this was the first book I grabbed. I was surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did even though I found plenty of mistakes. Maybe if it didn't catch me by such a surprise I'd have enjoyed it less, guess we'll never know. 

The romance was pretty well-made, it wasn't an insta-love at all and while they were attracted to each other from the very start they didn't jump immediately into bed either. I liked how Nadia and Ty slowly got to know each other, and it helped too that Nadia was able to get to know Ty's son, Sam too and they developed a really cute relationship. 

The thing that I liked the best is this book was how completely I could feel the relationship between the friends or the family. Nadia's family was so darn nice, I loved her father and mother and felt extremely bad for them, it's not right that people who hadn't learnt 'enough' are mistreated. I loved how they supported Nadia but the best thing was how they were able to admit their mistakes, mainly I'm talking about Nadia's mum who really didn't like the idea of Ty at first. The friends at 2B were wonderful, like a family. I'm so excited to read the books about the other because I just loved them.

The relationship between Ty and Sam was soo cute. I rarely read books about young parents, so there's not much I can compare it to but I think Ty was amazing with Sam. I loved how he wanted to provide his son with everything and just simply be a good dad.

All considered, I recommend I Want It That Way to those who'd like to read a book about strong relationships and truly great people. I'm not saying it doesn't have any clichés in it, because it does, like every single NA Romance book but it's a really enjoyable novel.

PS: Now I just want to re-read my favorite moments.

The story idea: 3/5
The realization of the story: 4/5
The characters: 4/5
The cover: 5/5 - the color!
Enjoy factor: 5/5



 Have you read any books about characters who had to take care of their child or younger sibling? 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this one, though I wish the plot had been a bit more...interesting? Nothing really happened, but I did like that the book focused on the relationship between Nadia and Ty. I adored the relationship between Ty and Sam; it makes me want to read more books about young parents. There aren't enough. Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places? I also loved Nadia's roommates, but I'm most interested in Max's story. So glad you enjoyed this one; great review! :)

    As for your question, I haven't read nearly enough and I want to change that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was okay this way, sometimes I feel like authors try too hard to spice up things and then the whole book ends up being ridiculous. I really enjoyed Stay with Me by J. Lynn but to me the story was a bit too much like a crime book. Yes! I loved Max and Courtney was really sympathetic to me, so I'm eagerly waiting for their book.
      I want to read more books about young parents, more so if they are as amazing as this book was.
      Thanks! :DD

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)