Wednesday, October 29

Waiting on Wednesday #20: Zero Day by Jan Gangsei


Hey guys. Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine and it spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly waiting for. For today I chose Zero Day by Jan Gangsei. I hope you'll find it interesting. :) 

Eight years ago, Addie Webster was the victim of the most notorious kidnapping case of the decade. Addie vanished--and her high-profile parents were forced to move on.

Mark Webster is now president of the United States, fighting to keep the oval office after a tumultuous first term. Then, the unthinkable happens: the president's daughter resurfaces. Addie is brought back into her family's fold, but who is this sixteen year old girl with a quiet, burning intelligence now living in the White House? There are those in the president's political circle who find her timely return suspicious.

When the NSA approaches Noah Stark, a nineteen-year-old White House intern the Websters have hired to tutor Addie, he doesn't know what to think. How the hell could this slip of a girl be a threat to national security? But at the risk of having his own secrets exposed by the powerful government agency, Noah agrees to spy on Addie without the White House's knowledge.

It soon becomes apparent that Addie is much more than the traumatized victim of a sick political fringe group. Addie has come home with a mission. Will she choose to complete it? And what will happen if she does?

Expected publication: May 12th 


The synopsis sounds wonderful and unique. I really like this political concept and I'm already deadly curious about what happened to Addie and if she completes her mission or not. Plus I'm excited to meet with Noah and see if he and Addie will end up together - I'm sure they will. 


What are you 'waiting on' this week? Tell me what you think about Zero Day too. 

Have a nice day! :)

10 comments:

  1. This sounds really good and this is the first time I've heard anything about it. Thanks for sharing!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy it if you chose to read it. :))

      Delete
  3. That sounds so interesting! I am totally adding this to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I've heard of this but it sounds so good - I can't believe it hasn't gotten more publicity! I'll definitely pick it up when it comes out!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised when I found out how little people know about this, the synopsis sounds AWESOME! Hope you'll enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  5. This book sounds really unique! I've never read a YA book like this before, so I think I will have to give it a try; it sounds like it would make a good thriller film. Thanks for sharing! And thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy it if you choose to read it. :)
      You're welcome, you have such a lovely blog. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)