Wednesday, October 15

Waiting on Wednesday #18: A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine, it spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly waiting for. For this week I chose A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray. Hope you'll enjoy. 



Every Day meets Cloud Atlas in this heart-racing, space- and time-bending, epic new trilogy from New York Times bestselling author Claudia Gray.

Marguerite Caine’s physicist parents are known for their radical scientific achievements. Their most astonishing invention: the Firebird, which allows users to jump into parallel universes, some vastly altered from our own. But when Marguerite’s father is murdered, the killer—her parent’s handsome and enigmatic assistant Paul—escapes into another dimension before the law can touch him.

Marguerite can’t let the man who destroyed her family go free, and she races after Paul through different universes, where their lives entangle in increasingly familiar ways. With each encounter she begins to question Paul’s guilt—and her own heart. Soon she discovers the truth behind her father’s death is more sinister than she ever could have imagined.

A Thousand Pieces of You explores a reality where we witness the countless other lives we might lead in an amazingly intricate multiverse, and ask whether, amid infinite possibilities, one love can endure.

Release date: November 4th




While I don't think Gray's Evernight Series was the best of the best I still enjoyed it, though I was disappointed in the ending. I absolutely hated the first book of the Spellcaster series and I was determined to steer clear of her books altogether but A Thousand Pieces of You sounds wonderful.

The story sounds pretty unique and interesting and I can't wait to learn all the mysteries that surround the murder. 

What is your WoW pick this week? What do you think about A Thousand Pieces of You? And about other books of Claudia Gray? 

19 comments:

  1. I've never read any of Claudia Gray's books but I'm soooooo looking forward to this one. It sounds amazing and ughhhhh how gorgeous is that cover?! Great pick! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you'll enjoy it. :))

      Delete
  2. I only read the first book of the "Evernight" series but didn't really like it ... so far I stayed away from any other books of her but this one sounds great! I'm still not sure if I should/want to read it but I'll definitely keep an eye on it ...

    Thanks for stopping by, btw! I just had to follow you, you post lots of interesting stuff! :)

    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad you didn't enjoy it more. I loved the first and maybe the second book as well but after that the series started to go downhill and the ending wasn't even that happy.

      Thanks for following. :)

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed the Evernight series too, but I also didn't really like the last book in the series. I enjoyed her book Fateful though. I'm definitely interested to see how A Thousand Pieces of You turns out. If anything, at least it would look great on my bookshelf =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to read Fateful but I love the sound of it! A Thousand Pieces of You really has such a beautiful cover. *-*
      Hope you'll enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't finished the Evernight series but I really like what I've read so far. This one doesn't sound like it's for me, but I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy the next books in it as well. :) Now I really want to reread the books, at least my favorite parts from them. Thanks. :)

      Delete
  5. What an interesting pick :)
    I hope you get to enjoy it

    Yours
    Smarty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read the first book in the Evernight series and I didn't continue because I was not impressed by it. And being honest, the only thing that catches my attention about this book is the cover, which I have to admit is incredibly gorgeous. So before reading this one I think I need to read reviews and make up my mind in a way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover really is stunning and strangely this is one of those books that I really want to read but keep forgetting what it is about... I think I'll either adore this or detest it, there's no in between.

      Delete
  7. I'm not familiar with this author, but the concept sounds pretty interesting... and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope it will be as good as it sounds like. :)

      Delete
  8. I love this cover so much! I really like the sound of it, and hopefully it lives up to the blurb :D Thanks for sharing, Veronika, hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, hope you'll enjoy it too. :)

      Delete
  9. Ooh, a new Claudia Gray book! Great pick. I'll have to put this one on my TBR list. Thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for this book! I feel like I've been waiting on it forever, thankfully it's almost out! I think I'm really going to enjoy it. Hope you enjoy it too. Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so too but unfortunately most reviews I've read said it was not bad but not good either... I really hope both of us will enjoy it. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)