Tuesday, October 7

Top Ten Books For People Who Like Character Driven Novels


Hello darlings. It's time for Top Ten Tuesday again, yay! TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, today's topic is: ten books for people who like character driven novels. At first I was sure this will be hard but actually I found many character driven books on my shelf. Well... at least I think these are character driven. 

To all of you who enjoy character driven novels I hope you'll find some books that you haven't yet read but find interesting. I added my favorite quote under each book, take it as an introduction. Have fun browsing through my list. 

For Goodreads page, click on the covers. 




“Music is a total constant. That's why we have such a strong visceral connection to it, you know? Because a song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in your or the world, that one song says the same, just like that moment.” 


“Nothing made me the way I am. Nothing but me.” 


"Because the pathetic, messed up girl in the mirror is unrecognizable. She's like a mosaic of what everyone else wanted her to be. And I don't remember there being any broken pieces before. Because I used to be whole. "


“Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be.” 


“To tell the truth will make me loathsome in your eyes.
Even more than I already am.
I pledge to give you all the truth that's in me.
And you want me to tell you this.” 


“That's the thing about the internet. It's really good at giving you pointless facts like how many horses a star owns, but not important things like how to invade his trailer.” 


“You going in? I mean, of course you are, I just—should we go?”
“Well, we’ve already come this far,” he (Carmichael) says. “Why not just enter the mouth of hell?”


“This is the you I like. You definitely dressed sexier and are, you know, blond, and that's different. But the you who are tonight is the same you I was in love with yesterday, the same you I'll be in love with tomorrow. I love that you're fragile and tough, quiet and kick-ass. ”



“I shiver, thinking how easy it is to be totally wrong about people-to see one tiny part of them and confuse it for the whole, to see the cause and think it's the effect or vice versa” 


“Here is something I love about Gat: he is so enthusiastic, so relentlessly interested in the world, that he has trouble imagining the possibility that other people will be bored by what he’s saying. Even when they tell him outright. But also, he doesn’t like to let us off easy. He wants to make us think—even when we don’t feel like thinking.” 



That was all for today, loves. I hope you found some new book or some that you cherish on my list, don't be shy, share your thoughts upon them with me. Leave me the link to your TTT, I can't wait to find out what ten character driven novels you enjoyed. 

Thanks for stopping by. 
Bye! 

13 comments:

  1. Hi. What I like about Top Ten Tuesday is that I get to see other bloggers' picks. There are so many different books. Most of them I am unaware of, just like yours. Thanks for the list. Are all the books in your list YA? I like that you insert your favourite quotes in your post.

    Mine is available below. Feel free to visit & comment. http://ssreaderscorner.wordpress.com/2014/10/07/ten-books-for-readers-who-like-character-driven-novels/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I like the most too! Plus TTT is a great opportunity for me to check out the books on my read list. Yes, they are all YA, I'm not sure about Catcher in the Rye, it is a YA but it's a classical book as well. Meet up at your blog. :)

      Delete
  2. I actually haven't read that many books on your list, just number 10 and 3. I read Just Listen YEARS ago, so I don't remember too much about it, but I read If I Stay a couple of months ago. I actually didn't like Mia that much. (In my opinion, she obsessed too much over her boyfriend than the loss of her family, but that's just me.) I'll definitely have to check out the others!

    Brittany @ http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it years ago too and well I don't remember that much either but I do remember that I loved it and the basics of the story, I might just re-read it soon. I liked Mia but you're right, she was obsessed with Adam but I still enjoyed the book. You should check out the movie, I thought how Mia felt really came through, so you might like it more. :)

      Delete
  3. All of Gayle Forman's books are perfect for this list! And All the Truth That's In Me is getting so much love today!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the Truth That's In Me IS a wonderful book and I'm glad others found it amazing too. :)

      Delete
  4. I've read a few of the ones on your list & I totally agree with them. Confession time: I've only read one Sarah Dessen book and it wasn't this one so I'm definitely going to have to check this out. The Catcher in the Rye is my favorite book from high school. I push that on so many people when I find out they haven't read it. Perfect example of a character driven book, sad I forgot about it while doing my list. If I Stay! Gah, anything Gayle writes, love it! I remember reading Before I Fall and I thought at first that it was the weirdest book ever but once I thought about it I really started to like it. Another one I forgot about while listing and I think that's to me the best example of what a character driven novel is. We Were Liars broke my heart. It almost made my list--like it was number 11. The others are coincidentally all on my TBR so now I'm looking forward to reading some awesome character driven novels!

    Alexandra @ SleepsOnTables

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Sarah Dessen's novels, which one did you read? This is actually my favorite but well I could have featured The Truth About Forever because that too was an incredible book of hers. Thinking about it I might loved that more. The Catcher in the Rye is such a wonderful book, I was afraid of it because I'm not that keen on classics but in the end it was fantastic. If I Stay is soo wonderful. Have you seen the movie yet? Finally an adaptation that I loved. Before I Fall was a weird book, I remember rooting for the main character and the guy who liked her (can't remember names) so I wasn't in love with the ending but I can see why it was necessary. I hope you'll enjoy these novels. :)

      Delete
    2. The Truth About Forever. My roommate lovvvves Sarah Dessen too so she couldn't continue living without me reading at least one. I did see the If I Stay movie! I thought it was really well done surprisingly, given how often book-to-movie adaptations get screwed up.

      Delete
    3. I was really afraid of the If I Stay movie. The last adaptations I've seen were Divergent and The Fault in Our Stars and I didn't enjoy either one of these. Vampire Academy wasn't that bad but the atmosphere was pretty different from the book so that's not a great example of adaptations either. Back to If I Stay, I loved the actors, I think Chloe Grace Moretz made a good job of portraying Mia and the parents were incredible too.

      Delete
    4. Yes it was definitely one of the better ones out there! I think in part because it seemed like each actor understood their character. Definitely the parents, they were like the hidden stars of the movie.

      Delete
  5. I love how you put a quote for every book !!
    Great list ! I really want to read just listen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I hope you'll enjoy it, it's truly an amazing book. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)