Saturday, October 25

The Ultimate Book Tag


Hey guys. I was tagged by KayCee from Wonder Struck to do the Ultimate Book Tag, thank you so much Kaycee for tagging me. :) In this tag I'm going to answer 25 question related to reading. Hope you'll enjoy.  

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car? 

No. I'm used to travelling a lot by bus and train and I read on them all the time. Travelling by car isn't that different from a bus so I can read in that too.  

2. Which authors writing style is completely unique to you and why? 

Maggie Stiefvater is the first author that popped into my mind. I remember when I read Shiver I was totally not in for good boys but Sam was so amazingly written that I couldn't help falling for him. And then there's her Raven Cycle series, Gansey has kinda everything in him that I usually hate but I still love him. So I think Maggie's able to make me like, love or accept characters who I otherwise would hate. 

3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.

Harry Potter series. 
1. Any Harry Potter book is better written than the whole Twilight Saga. 
2. Harry Potter books were able to touch a huge audience worldwide, no matter their age people wanted to go to Roxfort.
3. Most of those who loved Twilight once (like me) realised after reading better books that it wasn't anything special, while Harry Potter is a series that you can't hate if you once loved it. 

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books…)?

My tablet, my phone, my earphones, a little hairbrush, tissues, pens, a calculator, my purse and a notebook I carry around to write my reviews into when I'm bored on my classes.

5. Do you smell your books? 

Who doesn't? 

6. Books with or without little illustrations?

I'd say it doesn't matter. Small things, be amazing or horrible won't change the quality of the story.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)

The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I was a huge fan but now that I've read many-many books the writing doesn't seem as amazing as it once did, neither does the story. 

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!

Not really. 

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf? 

I have some Nancy Drew books, they were my mom's when she was a teenager. She loved them and insisted on that I should read them. I still haven't got around them but one day I will. Maybe. 

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf? 

A Hungarian-English Dictionary. 

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?

I like to come up with stories but when I try to write them down everything falls apart. Being an author is so cool, but come on there are so few people who actually make it and I don't really want to be one for starters. So no, I don't see myself as one. 

12. When did you get into reading? 

I'm not sure, my 'reading life' had three huge turning points. The first was when I first read The Princess Diaries and really started to like reading. The second when I read Twilight started reading more book, in various genres. And the third when I started reading in English a few years ago, thanks to this I can read more books/year and choose from huger variety. 

13. What is your favorite classic book? 

Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger. Click here for my review.

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English? 

My best subjects are English and Hungarian Literature. 

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?

I'd pretend I'm happy so I won't hurt the person who gave it to me. Then I'd either give it to someone or sell it.

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?

I don't think I know any, sorry. :(

17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?

I overthink everything. Like:
What will everyone think? Do I sound too cold?  Or too crazy? God I don't want to seem crazy... now that's definitely too cold. 
Later: No one's commenting, I knew I screwed this up! 

18. What is your favorite word? 

I'll go with 'amazing' because I use that a lot and I always have to warn myself to use a synonyme.

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?

A dork maybe? Technically neither one of these fits me completely. 

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why? 

Vampires. They are ten times as cool as fairies. Plus if you  look at vampire literature most of the time they can choose who they want to be, good or bad. Whilst in the books I've read about fairies they were evil or too good to be true. 

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?

Angels. For instance, I'd rather be a beautiful creature that can fly than a furry animal.

22.  Spirits or Werewolves? Why?

Spirits. They are more interesting than werewolves.

23. Zombies or vampires? 

Vampires. Zombie stories always feel the same. 

24. Love triangle or forbidden love? 

Forbidden love. Love triangles annoy the crap out of me. 

25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?

Both. What matters to me is how well the story and the characters are written.

Alright, that was all for today. I'm not going to tag anyone in particular. Let's just say, do it if you feel like it. :) Thanks again, KayCee for tagging me. 

7 comments:

  1. Nice tag! I agree with you about Twilight. I read them and liked them (minus the last book. That was a waste of my time to be honest) but after watching the films I realised how stupid the whole vampy thing was... I think while reading my mind made it look more awesome but watching it come to life? The sparkly stuff looked like crap lol
    It's good to see another reader who loves The Catcher in the Rye! It's one of my favourites =)
    Also, your nº17 answer is so me hahaha
    And about the paranormal creatures, I'll like to be a shapeshifter simply because I would like to know what it feels to be either a horse or an eagle or something or both since I can change into whatever I feel like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I completely forgot the feeling I got after watching the movie, I felt like the whole thing, including the books was some kind of a lame vampire parody. Catcher in the Rye was so much better than I expected, sorta sad but I could totally relate to Holden lol. Changing into animals would be kind of nice if you put it like that, but I'd only try it once, I wouldn't want to live like that. And I'd choose to be a butterfly, some kind of bird and maybe a wolf, that is all.

      Delete
  2. I can completely relate to many of your responses! Harry Potter is my favorite, most treasured series. They are my precious stories that I rarely let anyone borrow. Love triangles also get on my nerves and angels always interest me. I do get sick in the car, though. Anyways, this tag sounds really fun and I'm definitely going to participate!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time when I let someone borrow Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire the cover got torn so I can totally understand why are you hesitant to lend it to random people. Next time I find a cool tag I'm going to remember you and tag you now that I know you like to do tags. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Veronika! I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete
  3. Yes! Harry Potter for LIFE!! It just isn't even in the same league as Twilight for me. I hate love triangles as well unless they're equally mixed with some other plot point (like rebels, danger, non-love-triangle-anything). I really want to do this tag but I'm so behind already........ eh what the heck.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tolerate love triangles when it seems obvious who the girl will choose, like in The Selection Trilogy, Aspen didn't seem like much of a rival to me. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)