Saturday, October 4

The Taylor Swift Book Tag


Hello sweeties. Today I’m here with The Taylor Swift Book Tag, this tag was originally created at The Book Life, a youtube channel. I was so glad when I found this tag because I love Taylor Swift and it was a fun thing to go throw my books and her tracks at the same time. Hope you'll enjoy my post. 


1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
A book or series you were pretty sure you were in love with but then wanted to break up with

 The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. I really enjoyed the first book but as the love triangle got more serious in the second novel I started to hate all the characters. So when The Princess came out I couldn't force myself to read it. I do remember that I loved the book but I just can't recall the giddy happiness I felt when I was reading that book. I really hope I make sense here.

2. Red
Pick a book with a red cover

One of my favorite books of the year: 

3. The Best Day
Pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic

The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot. I'd read books before this but I wasn't crazy for them back then. This is the first series that kept me up half night because I just couldn't wait to find out about what would happen to Mia next. 

4. Love Story
Pick a book with a forbidden love

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. A very forbidden love because well, the two main characters are brother and sister. One of the most beautiful and tragical books I've ever read. 

5. I Knew You Were Trouble 
Pick a book with a bad character you can't help but love 

Oliver from Dangerous Boys. I didn't love him like I usually do male characters (jeez he was a sociopath after all) but he was such a colorful and amazingly written character. My favorite thing in Abigail Haas's books is that I can root for the 'bad characters' and feel content with my decision. 

6. Innocent 
Pick a book that someone ruined the end of 

 Allegiant by Veronica Roth. A few days after it came out Pinterest spoiled the ending for me. 

7. Everything Has Changed
 Pick a book that has a character who goes through extensive character development

Sydney Sage from the Bloodlines series wins this category hands down. I always liked her character but as time went by she became one of my favorite heroines. She changed to the better, she started to believe in herself, learnt how to love herself and she conquered her fears as well. 

8. Forever and Always 
Pick your favorite book couple

Blue and Gansey from The Raven Cycle series. I know they are not technically together but I'm sure one day they will be one heck of a couple. So cheers to Gansey and Blue!

9. You Belong With Me 
Most anticipated release

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. Do I really have to tell why?

10. Come Back, Be Here
Pick a book you wouldn't lend out to anyone for fear of missing it too much

To my close friends I would lend anything because they know what the consequences would be if they hurt any of my babies. To people who I don't know closely lending books always makes me uncomfortable. I have this girl I know and I lent her my copy of Divergent, a YEAR ago and still didn't get it back. This makes me soo angry but how should I approach her without sounding rude? She's really sensitive which makes my 'mission' even more impossible. I tried to ask her without making it too clear that I WANT that book back but she just doesn't seem to get what I'm trying to say.

 11. Tear Drops On My Guitar 
Pick a book that made you cry

 Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. I know I'm mentioning this book the second time in this post but Forbidden was such a tear-jerker. 

12. Shake It Off
Pick a book that you love so much you just shake off the haters

Oh, if I try to list just half of the books that popped into my mind after reading this we'd be sitting here for a week. The last book that I loved but found many haters is The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost. I think it was original and I thoroughly enjoyed every single minute of reading it, though the heroine resembled to Cat from Jeaniene's other series a lot. 


That was all for today, I hope you enjoyed this tag. I won't be tagging anyone because I don't know who loves Taylor Swift so I'm just going to say to do this if you're interested. It wasn't a lot of work but it was a lot of fun. 

4 comments:

  1. Um. Um. I love Taylor Swift, and this is awesome, and I'm definitely doing this (so I'll just pretend you tagged me, :p).BLUE AND GANSEY FOREVER AND EVER!! <3 <3 The wait for Blue Lily, Lily Blue is killllling me. I still need to read The Winner's Curse. And aw, I'm sorry didn't like The Infernal Devices! I really loved that series, and JEM. And I'm always nervous about lending my books out. They're my babies and they need to be kept safe (I'm crazy, I know).

    Love this tag!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do that! I thought about tagging you but I didn't know you like Taylor. :) The Winner's Curse is sooo great but well it ends with a HUGE cliffhanger so you might just want to put it aside until the next book comes out. I was always a Will fan, Jem just didn't do his magic on me. No, it's totally not crazy, I'm always afraid that the covers will be bent or something would be spilled on them, ugh hurts talking about it.

      Delete
  2. This is an awesome tag!! Definitely doing it :) I just read The Winner's Curse - I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, glad you liked it! I'll definitely check out your tag. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)