Wednesday, October 1

Waiting on Wednesday #16: The Fall by Bethany Griffin



Hello lovelies, it's time for Waiting on Wednesday again, yay! WoW is weekly meme hosted Breaking the Spine and it features upcoming releases that we're eagerly waiting for. Today, I brought you a young adult horror: The Fall by Bethany Griffin. Hope you'll like my post. :)






Madeline Usher is doomed.

She has spent her life fighting fate, and she thought she was succeeding. Until she woke up in a coffin.

Ushers die young. Ushers are cursed. Ushers can never leave their house, a house that haunts and is haunted, a house that almost seems to have a mind of its own. Madeline’s life—revealed through short bursts of memory—has hinged around her desperate plan to escape, to save herself and her brother. Her only chance lies in destroying the house.

In the end, can Madeline keep her own sanity and bring the house down? The Fall is a literary psychological thriller, reimagining Edgar Allan Poe’s classic The Fall of the House of Usher.





With Halloween coming up I'll really need a great horror and I hope to hell that The Fall will be that book. I'm so excited to read this, it's sounds soo great and that cover is just plainly amazing. Love it. 

What are you waiting on this week? Tell me in the comments or link up your choice of the week. 

Happy reading!  

10 comments:

  1. I read it last week (couldn't wait until Halloween) so good, eerie and strange and all that fun stuff. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, to this day I've only read good stuff about this book so I really hope I'll like it too. Glad you enjoyed. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not one to read horror but I love that this book is a retelling of Edgar Allan Poe's so I'm going to suck it up and read it haha. Hope you enjoy, happy reading!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite ashamed to admit but I've never read anything by Poe. I plan to do it but I always find myself putting aside classical books and picking up new ones. Hope you'll enjoy it too. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm not a real fan of horror, but I'm looking forward to checking this one out. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :)
      I hope you'll enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  4. I've been looking forward to this one too. I read the Fall of Usher a while back (long while back) and wonder how it compares to the original. Thanks for reminding me to add it to my TBR.
    Laura @ Through Raspberry Colored Glasses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to read something from Poe but I plan on it. :)

      Delete
  5. I have seen this one around and it really seems like an interesting read and yeah perfect for Halloween. I truly hope you'll get to read it soon. Great pick, Veronika :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)