Wednesday, September 24

Waiting on Wednesday #15: Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick


I'm here with my Waiting on Wednesday post of the week. To my readers: I'm sorry for posting only a few reviews since school started but even if I'm able to read some book, I don't usually have the time to write reviews to them. Anyways, back to the topic, WoW is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine by Jill. For this week's can't wait pick I chose Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick. Hope you'll enjoy. 





Sometimes danger is hard to see... until it’s too late. 

Britt Pfeiffer has trained to backpack the Teton Range, but she isn't prepared when her ex-boyfriend, who still haunts her every thought, wants to join her. Before Britt can explore her feelings for Calvin, an unexpected blizzard forces her to seek shelter in a remote cabin, accepting the hospitality of its two very handsome occupants—but these men are fugitives, and they take her hostage. 

In exchange for her life, Britt agrees to guide the men off the mountain. As they set off, Britt knows she must stay alive long enough for Calvin to find her. The task is made even more complicated when Britt finds chilling evidence of a series of murders that have taken place there... and in uncovering this, she may become the killer’s next target. 

But nothing is as it seems in the mountains, and everyone is keeping secrets, including Mason, one of her kidnappers. His kindness is confusing Britt. Is he an enemy? Or an ally? 







The Hush Hush series were... okay, I guess? I can't really define the quality of the books because at that time I liked them, but now I want to rip my hair out whenever I think of them. I'm sure I wouldn't have read that series if not for the fact that at that time I didn't read in English so I had to choose from what I could find in Hungarian, and that, guys wasn't much in the YA Fantasy genre.

However I can't wait to read Black Ice. I'm sure Fitzpatrick has developed a lot since her first series and come on let's give her a chance, this is a totally different genre. My biggest fear is the romance... what if it will be sucky? I'm not that keen on the cover either, I was waiting for something better but we'll have to go with this, right? 


What are your waiting on wednesday picks, lovelies? Don't forget to leave a comment and do share you pick with me. I promise to check out and comment on everyone's page as a thank you. Bye! 







12 comments:

  1. See, I loved the Hush Hush series, and am not sure this one sounds like my kind of book. But I like the author, and got an ARC at BEA this summer, so will be reading it soon. Great pick! And I understand about being back in school. As a school librarian, being back to "work/school" has kept me from reading as much as I want to.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't hate them either but unfortunately I can't remember much of them, and as I said the things I do remember make me question why I liked that book. I hope you'll enjoy Black Ice even if it's not your usual read. How I hate travelling to school! This afternoon the train was more than an hour late. Sorry for all the self pity lol.

      Delete
  2. Oooh Great Pick! I really want to read this one too!

    I'm a new follower of yours :)

    My WoW pick

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, meet you at your page! :)

      PS: Can you tell me where have you followed me? Everything seems to break down these days! Bloglovin shows me new followers way after they started to follow me and let's just not talk about google...

      Delete
  3. I'm really interested in this book, but I was so underwhelmed with the Hush Hush series, so I'm not jumping on it anytime soon. One of these days. Regardless, I hope it's better than the others. It has a lot of potential.

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a review of Black Ice, unfortunately I'm not sure where but that reader wrote that she didn't like the Hush Hush series but loved this book soo you might like it too. I hope we won't be disappointed. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited for this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a suspenseful read and I hope you enjoy it a lot.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)