Wednesday, September 3

Waiting on Wednesday #12 Famous Last Words by Katie Alender


Hey lovelies. Today I'm here with my 12th Waiting on Wednesday post, time flies by so quickly. WoW is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine, every week we share are most anticipated releases. For today's pick I chose Famous Last Words by Katie Alender. Hope you'll enjoy my post. 




Willa is freaking out. It seems like she's seeing things. Like a dead body in her swimming pool. Frantic messages on her walls. A reflection that is not her own. It's almost as if someone -- or something -- is trying to send her a message.

Meanwhile, a killer is stalking Los Angeles -- a killer who reenacts famous movie murder scenes. Could Willa's strange visions have to do with these unsolved murders? Or is she going crazy? And who can she confide in? There's Marnie, her new friend who may not be totally trustworthy. And there's Reed, who's ridiculously handsome and seems to get Willa. There's also Wyatt, who's super smart but unhealthily obsessed with the Hollywood Killer.

All Willa knows is, she has to confront the possible-ghost in her house, or she just might lose her mind . . . or her life.

Acclaimed author Katie Alender puts an unforgettable twist on this spine-chilling tale of murder, mystery, mayhem -- and the movies.



I have to admit that, like always the cover was the thing that caught my attention. Seriously it's simple but still pretty and it looks kinda sinister. 

I've recently realized just how much I love YA mystery, at least if it's done right and because I really liked Bad Girls Don't Die (another book of Katie Alender) so I think I can hope for the best. 




Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to link up/tell me in the comments what are you waiting 'on' this week. 

16 comments:

  1. I absolutely love YA mystery! I love the cover and how she is looking into her reflection but seeing her dead self! Definitely added to my TBR.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YA mystery can be done so amazingly, I hope this too will fall into that category. The refelection thing really is a fantastic idea, love it. :) I'm glad you found a new book :)

      Delete
  2. This book sounds good. I had never heard of it. Thanks for stopping by :) Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this book before and it sounds a bit scary and interesting at the same time :) I hope you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this book before since YA mystery is not one of my top genres but this book sounds so interesting that it really caught my attention. Amazing pick!
    P.S: I really like your blog, it's cute and your reviews are really interesting... Plus I think we have lots of things in common so thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds amazing, doesn't it? It definitely seems like a book that has a deliciously creepy atmosphere.
      Thank you soo much. :)

      Delete
  5. This book is totally new to me, and OMG that cover is creepy. I don't know if I'll be able to read this one. *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a lot to creep me out so for my sake I wish it will be as creepy as it can be. lol.

      Delete
  6. I'm reading this now. I love a good YA mystery. While I'm not too far in, I am enjoying it so far. Hope you love it! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too but they can be ruined so easily. :(
      I hope you'll like it till the end.
      Thanks. :)

      Delete
  7. This book is pretty new to me. I just recently heard of it the other day and immediately added it to my TBR pile!! The cover is the first thing that drew me to it!! I hope you enjoy it when you read it! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW @Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope neither one of us will get disappointed, that would be a shame because this book is built on a really great story idea. :)

      Delete
  8. Yes! Great choice! I love all of Katie Alender's books and I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope it will live up to our expectations. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)