Tuesday, September 9

Top Ten Underrated Books



Hey sweeties, it's time for Top Ten Tuesday again. TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish this week's topic is top ten underrated book or authors in x genre. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I couldn't make a list out of one genre so I'll simply list some underrated books that I love. 

I think underrated means different numbers to everyone, on my list there's a book that has less than 150 ratings but there are two that have more than 2300 ratings. I still think these are pretty underrated. Anyways, I'm going to add when was the book published and approx how many people rated it on Goodreads until this point. 

Check out my wonderful list of underrated books, and don't forget: for Goodreads page you'll just have to click on the covers.



10. Foreverland Is Dead by Tony Bertauski



Published: January 1st, 2013
Number of ratings on Goodreads: 128
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery, Thriller, Science Fiction
My rating: 4 stars


9. Heaven Can Wait by Cally Taylor

Published: November 1st, 2009
Number of ratings: 1491
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Paranormal, Chick-Lit
My rating: 5 stars

8. Wish You Were Dead by Todd Strasser 


Published: September 22nd, 2009
Number of ratings: 2347
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery-Thriller
My rating: 4stars


7. Art Geeks and Prom Queens by Alyson Noel

Published: September 1st, 2005
Number of ratings: 2401
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Romance, Chick-Lit
My rating: 5 stars

6. Tease by Amanda Maciel

Published: April 29th, 2014
Number of ratings: 1958
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction, (Romance)
My rating: 5 stars


5. Heart-Shaped Bruise by Tanya Byrne

Published: May 10th, 2012
Number of ratings: 980
Genre: YA, Mental Illness, Mystery, Thriller, Romance
My rating: 4 stars

4. The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher

Published:May 7th, 2013
Number of ratings: 899
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction, Romance
My rating: 5 stars

3. Cruel Summer by James Dawson

Published: August 1st, 2013
Number of ratings: 206
Genre: YA, Mystery Thriller, Romance
My rating: 4 stars

2. Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas

Published: July 16th, 2013
Number of ratings: 2189
Genre: YA, Mystery Thriller, Romance
My rating: 5 stars

1. Torn by Cat Clarke

Published: December 22nd, 2011
Number of ratings: 1867
Genre: YA, Mystery Thriller, Romance, Death
My rating: 5 stars



Thanks so much for stopping by and browsing through my list. Now it's your turn! Have you read any of these books, if yes what was your opinion? What are YOUR favorite underrated books? 

Leave a link and I'll sure as hell check out your TTT. :)
Happy reading, 
Veronika

8 comments:

  1. There are quite many here that I've never heard of! I've been meaning to read The S Word though, and I just added Torn to my TBR.
    In answer to your comment on my blog: The Soul Screamers series doesn't really have a love triangle because Kaylee is never oscillating between two guys. Nate eventually develops and issue that makes it impossible for him and Kaylee to stay together.

    Thanks for sharing your list, and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The S-World is such a great book and Torn! That book was full of dark twists.
      It makes sense what you're saying but I shipped those two in the first book so much and then I read that they won't stay together and I was soo angry. At first I still wanted to read it but then I read some pretty harsh reviews which killed my enthusiasm for the story. I really loved the first book so I might give it a chance someday. I'm glad you liked it though. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your picks! I really wanted to read Tease and Dangerous Girls but after reading some bad reviews my interest was killed and I decided to leave them for later. Here is my post: http://littlegingerbookangel.blogspot.com/2014/09/top-ten-underrated-ya-books.html :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend you to pick Dangerous Girls because most people like that. About Tease.. well you'll either love or hate it, there are very few in between. I totally understand you being hesitant about picking up books with sucky reviews, sometimes I feel the same too. :)

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to read Tease for months now. I'm glad you included it on your list because I've seen a lot of mixed reviews for it. It is something I'll be looking for during my next book hunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I loved that book! You wouldn't believe how afraid I was to start it but finally I read it as a buddy read with my friend and we both loved it.
      Hope you'll enjoy it too. :)

      Delete
  4. The only one I know from this list is Dangerous Girls, not because I've read it but because I've seen someone else post about it, and it's made me really curious. I love mystery stories, so I'm going to get it as soon as possible! I don't know the others, though Torn and Cruel Summer sound like books I'd love! I'm going to check them out soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dangerous Girls is soo great, if you love mystery you totally should read it ASAP because that story is the best mystery thriller I've read so far. And I haven't even mentioned yet Dangerous Boys, another book from this author which is more of a psychological thriller than mystery but still so deliciously dark.
      Torn completely blew my mind when I read it, though I don't remember much of it I know how much I loved that book. Cruel Summer was great too, I got the killer right but still it wasn't bad. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)