Wednesday, August 27

Waiting on Wednesday #11: Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian


Hello sweeties. Today I'm here with a new Waiting on Wednesday pick. What a surprise! WoW is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, it spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I chose Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian for today's pick, hope you'll enjoy my post. :)




Warning: the synopsis contains spoilers from the first two books. 

New Year's Eve ended with a bang and Mary, Kat and Lillia may not be prepared for what is to come.
After Rennie's death, Kat and Lillia try to put the pieces together of what happened to her. They both blame themselves. If Lillia hadn't left with Reeve... If Kat had only stayed with Rennie... Things could have been different. Now they will never be the same.

Only Mary knows the truth about that night. About what she is. She also knows the truth about Lillia and Reeve falling in love, about Reeve being happy when all he deserves is misery, just like the misery he caused her. Now their childish attempts at revenge are a thing of the past and Mary is out for blood. Will she leave anything in her wake or will all that remain be ashes?





I really enjoyed the first novel, Burn for Burn but the second one, Fire with Fire left me speechless. Every problem I had with BfB got explained/solved and the ending was such a mindf*ck. 

I can't wait to read about how far will Mary go with her revenge. That girl is freaking crazy, I kinda liked her in Burn for Burn but now... 

Before this is released I'll need to reread these books, it's so strange because in the beginning they started off with simple pranks and now Mary is really out for revenge. Love these books and would recommend it to anyone. :)


Tell me in the comments what are you waiting 'on' this week, link up your WoW post if you'd like to. Promise I'll check it out. :) 

22 comments:

  1. Such a great series, so I hear. I haven't gotten to read it yet. Great pick! Happy Wednesday!
    Brittney @Reviews from a Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a chance, it's really great. Thanks. You too. :)

      Delete
  2. Haven't started this series but definitely curious if the second one was such a mindfu*k! LOL

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should read it, it's freaking amazing. :)

      Delete
  3. I've only read Burn for Burn from this series, so I skimmed over the synopsis. I hope I'd get around to reading Fire With Fire someday. Thanks for sharing! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fire with Fire is twice as better as Burn for Burn. Really while reading the first book I had no idea why did the authors mixed the paranormal line into it but then in the second book I was speechless by what an amazing story they made. Seriously, if you liked Burn for Burn I'm sure you'll LOVE Fire with Fire. :)))

      Delete
  4. I so need to start this series! Been hearing a lot of good things, and besides, I need to read a Jenny Han, even if it's co-written. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start it, start it, start it. :)) I haven't read any books from her besides this but I'm really curious of The List and To All the Boys I've Loved Before. Both of these seem amazing, though The List has a sucky rating...

      Delete
  5. Ahh great choice!! A blogger friend is sending me her ARC of it. I'm SO EXCITED!!!! Lovely choice :)

    Here's my WoW

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm soo jealous right now. lol. I hope it won't disappoint either one of us. I tend to imagine my most waited books waay better than they are so sometimes I get disappointed.

      Delete
  6. I love this series and looking forward to this one too :)
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only read book 1. I should get book 2 and 3 , I honestly feel that I'll enjoy both . Happy reading when it arrives at your door stop ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second book was soo much better than the first one. If you enjoyed Burn for Burn you'll definitely LOVE Fire with Fire.

      Delete
  8. I haven't read this series yet, but I've heard great things about it so hopefully I'll get to it soon!
    Ariel @ Bookish Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should, this is one of my favorite series. So amazing. :)

      Delete
  9. I haven't read this series, but Jenny Han is awesome! I hope you get to enjoy this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! I haven't read any other books from her but I plan to read The List and To All the Boys I've Loved Before. :)

      Delete
  10. I haven't read the series yet, the synopsis sounds interesting though. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. (:

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're interested, give it a chance it really worth it. :)

      Delete
  11. Oh this is also my WoW pick for this week. I'm literally dying for this book. Can September come lil bit faster? assfsagfsgahga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? I really don't want Reeve and Lillia to break up but I feel like they will... and I can't wait to see Reeve's reaction when he finds out about how Mary is still among them. I'm curious about Kat and if she'll be with oh I can't remember the name, the guy who was crazy about Lillia or maybe she'll leave and forget him? So many questions.

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)