Tuesday, August 19

Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling That You Must Read


Hey sweeties. It’s time for Top Ten Tuesday again, yay! TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week there's a new topic and we make a list out of it. This week's theme is the top ten books people have been telling that you must read

Have fun browsing through my list. :)


In no particular order.

Click on the covers for Goodreads page.  

The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski


Everyone seems to have read this and they all say I should give it a chance because I do like some New Adult books and this would be one of those that I'll love. They are sure. Me on the other hand? Not so much. 


Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo



 Again, a book that I never really wanted to give a chance to but then a few people recommended this to me on Goodreads. At first I put it on my to-read shelf, even faked myself into believing that one day I'll give this book a chance. I know that nearly everyone who reads this loves loves loves it but it's just not for me, sorry. 


To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han


If you haven't heard about this book you're clearly living under a rock not interested in contemporary romance. Seriously To All the Boys I've Loved Before was everywhere when it came out, many have read it and most seemed to like it. Anyway, I plan to read this book too, just not in the moment. 


The Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi


Again, a book (trilogy) that is well known by most people. I was recommended Shatter Me and I've keep seeing it everywhere on the net but for some reason it still doesn't have a place on my TBR shelf. I go back to it once in a while so maybe one day I'll finally start it. 


Hopeless by Colleen Hoover


People adore this book and some even recommended it to me because this is the best of the NA genre according to nearly everyone. Well, at the moment I'm not in the mood for an emotional read (and I guess this is one?) but one day I'll probably read Hopeless. 


White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout

People say that this is one of JLA's best work and seriously after so many great reviews and the recommendations I've gotten this has an unquestionable place on my TBR list.

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas



One of my close friends has read this and she was head over heels in love with it so I checked it out. Well, I thought this is not for me but then I read some quotes from it and now I actually want to give it a chance. I'm only hesitant because it will be a longer series and I hate to wait for books so I only start a series like this when I really really want to read it. 

Looking for Alaska



One of my friends has read nearly all of John Green's books and this is her absolute favorite after The Fault in Our Stars. She keeps asking me to read it but I don't really want to. Some people say that his characters from different books are really alike but what really stops me from reading this is that I didn't love TFiOS when I read it the second time and I'm afraid that I won't like this either. Again, not for me. 

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern 


I heard both good and bad about The Night Circus but for a long time I was still interested in it. I love the usual stuff but sometimes I want to be swept off my feet by a weird book. Now I think that this may be too strange for my taste but I still consider reading it once in a while. 

The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey 


This book is on my must read shelf, seriously many people say that it's amazing and even if I'm disappointed in dystopian books I should read it because this is the best. On the other hand I can see that some people didn't like The 5th Wave at all and this makes me a bit hesitant. Anyway, I'm still going to read it because there will be a movie, yay!



So this was my TTT, I hope you enjoyed it. Tell me your opinion about these and help me sort out what I really want to read and what I have seen so many times that I can't forget about it. 

Share your TTT with me or if you don't have a blog, just list your answers in the comments. 

Happy reading! :)

20 comments:

  1. That close friend (me) says that every book in the Throne of Glass series really worth the wait. They are amazing and you can go from laughing like an idiot to crying in the corner of the room in short time. The second book is still a trauma for me T.T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you're right or else I won't take responsibility for my actions. We still have to talk Tease out so you better remember it. :)

      Delete
  2. I love Shadow and Bone, and The 5th Wave. Shatter Me, and Looking for Alaska is really great. And Throne of Glass is simply amazing. I recommend all of them, and I really like your list today. :)
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have to start the 5th Wave now, I don't even remember what is it about but whatever. I'm starting to like the idea of Shatter Me and Throne of Glass.
      Thanks. :)

      Delete
  3. I loved Shadow and Bone and Shatter Me. I was also recommend Throne of Glass. I'm gonna have to read it, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really thinking about giving Shatter Me a real chance. :) Me too. :)

      Delete
  4. John Green's books are very similar to each other, so if you didn't like The Fault in Our Stars then you probably shouldn't read Looking for Alaska. The Night Circus is pretty good, albeit a bit bizarre. I haven't read Shadow and Bone and The 5th Wave, either.
    I expected more from "Throne of Glass".
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't actually say I didn't like it but I think it's overhyped. I'm still considering The Night Circus so if I find it in the library I'll probably borrow it. I'm sad you didn't like ToG that much.

      Delete
  5. These are all such amazing books! My favorite is Throne of Glass - I can't wait for Heir of Fire to come out! Great list :)

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like ToG that much, I hope I won't be disappointed either. Thanks. :)

      Delete
  6. Nice picks! I LOVE Throne of Glass <3 Shadow and Bone is a great fantasy. I found The 5th Wave to be good but a bit overhyped. Great list!

    Here's my TTT

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope I'll love Throne of Glass too. I'm afraid I too will find The 5th Wave a bit overhyped but whatever I'll still give it a chance.

      Delete
  7. Shadow and Bone and Hopeless made my list too! I really hope you give ToG a chance - it's amazing. I read The Night Circus, and while I thought it was interesting, a little weird and beautifully written, it definitely wasn't for me. It moved way too slow for my liking. Good luck with your recs!

    Amanda @ i solemnly swear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two books are recommended to me all the time. My friend said the same thing about ToG, I just hope if I read it the waiting for the yet unreleased books won't kill me. lol. At the moment I don't really want to give The Night Circus a chance but maybe this will change.
      Thanks. :)

      Delete
  8. The only one I have read on this list is Shadow & Bone and I loved it! If you think it won't be your cup of tea though, then that's fair enough :) Thanks for dropping by on my list!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't let go of that book because I had the same feeling with Cinder and Daughter of Smoke & Bone and ended up loving both of these.

      Delete
  9. I want to read The Edge of Never as well!! Shadow and Bone is just so good. I refused to read it for SOOO long and then read it randomly one night and fell deeply, deeply in love with it. It's seriously THAT good!!HOPESLESS .. it's so good, but your right it's definitely emotional, I cried the entire second half I think haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard so many amazing things about The Edge of Never, it seems like a 'classic' in the New Adult Genre. Oooh, I'll need to pick a day for Hopeless, I can't wait to read that book. :)

      Delete
  10. Half of your list looks like my TBR! I am excited to get to Shadow and Bone, To All The Boys I've Loved Before and Shatter Me! I actually own all 3 I just need to get to them! Thanks for stopping by my TTT this week. Sorry for my late return. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to start To All the Boys I've Loved before, I absolutely love Burn for Burn and I hope Jenny Han won't disappoint me. No problem. Thanks, I wish you too a great weekend. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)