Tuesday, August 12

Top Ten Books I'm Not Sure I Want To Read



Hello, guys. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week’s theme is the top ten books I’m not sure I want to read. I don’t know about you but what I want to read changes all the time, so I have many books that I bought or simply planned to read and now I'm not that interested anymore. 

I hope you'll enjoy browsing through my list, tell me in the comments if you've loved or hated any of the following books. Would make my decision easier. :)

Let's get started! 


The books are in no particular order.

Click on the covers for the Goodreads page.  

Wendy Higgins - Sweet Evil

This is the first book that pops into my mind whenever I think of what should I read. I have this ever since Christmas and it stares at me from my bookshelf all the time, still I don't really want to read it anymore. I'm ashamed to admit that I partly bought it because of the beautiful cover. I've read the synopsis a thousand times but I never remember it afterwards. See, I've just read it a few days ago and again I have no idea what it is about. *sigh* 

I'm still going to read it, I always give a chance to the books I've already bought plus I heard some great things about this one.


Jill Hathaway - Slide 

I bought this book last summer and still haven't read it. The Goodreads rating is kind of sucky and I heard both good and bad things about it, some people say that they had no idea how to rate this book and this just makes me uncomfortable. Whatever, just like Sweet Evil, I'm still going to give it a try. 







Rachel Craw - Spark 

I'm not sure where I found this book but what caught my attention was the cover. It's freaking beautiful. Unfortunately the synopsis from Goodreads sounds, well boring as hell. All considered I don't think I'll read this book anytime soon, there are far better books out there. Still, something's holding me back from deleting it from my tbr list. 






Rainbow Rowell - Eleanor and Park

Probably this is the book that I'm the most confused about. Everyone says that it is great but then everyone said the same thing about Fangirl and I did not like that book that much. I thought that Fangirl was rather boring but the writing was beautiful so I'm still interested in Rowell's other works. Lastly, I already know how Eleanor and Park ends and I do not like that. 






Jus Accardo - Touch 

What first caught my attention when I saw this book was the horrible cover. I kind of liked the synopsis but it's soo strange plus not that many people are impressed by it. A while ago I deleted this from my TBR list but one of my friends' love for this book made me put it back onto it. Since then I lost my interest in Touch again. 








Nyrae Dawn - Measuring Up 

I love Nyrae Dawn's books, her stories are soo adorable, I can't stop reading one after I've started it. Considering this, Measuring Up should go to my TBR list immediately but for some reason I'm not so sure about this one. It kind of sounds like a big cliché about finding yourself and I've already read many of those. 







J. A. Redmerski - Killing Sarai 

At first glance this doesn't seem like my cup of tea but something caught my attention in this book. Again, this was recommended to me by my friend and I do trust in her opinion buuuut... I have my doubts. 








Claudia Gabel- Elusion 

I found some book trailers on a blog I'd browsed through and decided to watch them. Elusion was one of them. I never liked book trailers but this looked so great and different from my usual reads so I went to check it out on Goodreads. Sad as it is but most people say that Elusion had great potential but was horrible. I really love the idea of this book but reading a few reviews I've realized that this people wanted to enjoy it but couldn't. Unfortunately, it seems to me that if I choose to read this it won't do me any good. 




Mary Crockett and Madelyn Rosenberg - Dream Boy 

This book sounds pretty amazing but I'm still hesitant to pick it up, not sure why though. 










Ransom Riggs - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 

Well, I heard some amazing things about this book and it really interest me. When I looked into it at the bookstore I really liked some of the pictures, still I'm hesitant to read this. Maybe once I'll find it in the library? 








I hope you guys enjoyed my list. Link in yours in the comments if you wish to or just leave a comment in which you tell me about the books that you're no sure you want to read. Have you read any of the books above? Tell me what you thought about them. 


15 comments:

  1. I wasn't keen on 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' but loved Eleanor and Park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too heard mixed things about Miss Peregrines... but on some levels I'm still interested in it. I think I'm going to give a chance to E & P. :)

      Delete
  2. I think E&P is way different than Fangirl, and I've found a lot of readers like it more. I definitely recommend giving it a try. It's one of my favorites.

    I had Sweet Evil on my TBR list and recently took it off. It just wasn't getting my attention enough to want to try it.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll give a chance to Eleanor and Park, I haven't heard a single bad thing about it, yet. Well, unfortunately I kind of have to read Sweet EVil because I already have it.
      Thanks for commenting. :D

      Delete
  3. I am not the world's biggest fan of Fangirl, but I did like E&P a lot.

    Here's my list of Books I'm Not Sure I Want to Read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, after the third comment that said that I should read that book, I think I'll give it a chance.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I totally adored MISS PEREGRINE'S! I definitely recommend giving it a try. I'm on the fence about ELEANOR AND PARK myself. I have a couple of her other books in my TBR so I'm going to base whether to move on to E&P on how much I like those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I didn't like Fangirl so I'm afraid that I might not like this either but many people say that this is better than Fangirl so I think I'm going to give it a chance. I think I'll try Miss Peregrines as well, I've never read an illustrated book and I think it's time to try one.

      Delete
  5. I read an ARC of Dream Boy and I was so disappointed in it that I actually cried. I don't usually cry like that, but I did. It was almost embarrassing. My husband asked me what was wrong and I had to explain that I just read a book that in no way lived up to its synopsis.

    Sweet Evil is a good one I recommend it! and I feel the same about Eleanor and Park. I know the ending so Im not sure If I want to Read it.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'm sorry you hated it that much, I know what you felt, it's one of the worst feelings when you were looking forward to a book so much and then bum it's horrible as hell. I heard some mixed things about this one and what you said just made me less enthusiastic about this book.

      I'm going to give a chance to Sweet Evil, I heard some great things about it.

      Delete
  6. I feel kind of icky about Sweet Evil because it looks sorta pretty and everyone was batshit crazy over it, but then I see some reviews and just know I'll be let down. So I mostly avoid it. Even though I feel like I should read it. :L Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Killing Sarai is so freaking good! Seriously, great series. Although, the last one was a disappointment. But still, loved it. I think it's worth a shot. :) Sweet Evil was a 5 star for me last year, but somehow I just haven't wanted to finish the series. I even have Sweet Peril sitting on my desk. I haven't bothered to pick it up since I got it. I wonder what that says? Anyway, the first book was good! I have Miss Peregrine but I haven't read it. Though it sounds so intriguing.

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend said the same thing about Killing Sarai, I'm going to give it a chance. Oh, it's always a disappointment for me whenever I liked a book but for some reason am not interested in the other books from the series. :))

      Delete
  8. I hesitant about Eleanor and Park as well. I enjoyed her book Attachments but the whole premise for Fangirl has zero interest for me and honestly Eleanor and Park doesn't grab me. I think I will try Landline though. I read Miss Peregrine last summer and it was definitely an interesting book. Every time I thought I knew was going on it shifted. Not a book I'd say you HAVE to read but definitely one worth reading. Get it from the library when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of Fangirl I'm hesitant about Attachments and Landline, I might skip both of these. Ooh I love books that are able to shock me countless times, I'm totally going to read it now. :))

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)