Tuesday, August 5

Top Ten Books I'd Give To Readers Who Have Never Read New Adult


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week’s topic is the Top Ten Books I’d Give To Readers Who Have Never Read X. 

I had a hard time choosing the genre I will recommend books in because there are so many I love. The first that popped into my mind was mystery thriller. Lately I've read some books in this genre and realized how amazing these kinds of novels can be. But then I rethought this and chose manies most hated genre: New Adult. 

I know that some people absolutely detest New Adult, says that it's nothing more than YA with sex but I think that there are some hidden gems in this genre and it can be done right.

Okay, so here are my top ten NA picks and I hope you'll find some great books, I don't say that neither one of these contain NA clichés because some of them do but these authors still managed to write novels that caught my attention and didn't let it go until the end. 

I pasted in a quote from each of these books, have fun browsing through my list. :))

Click on the covers for Goodreads page. 




10. K. A. Tucker - Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths #3) 
~ can be read as a standalone


Other Genres: Contemporary Romance, Abuse, Crime, Chick-Lit

“We are simply two good people with equally flawed pasts, looking for perfect futures.
And I think we’ve found it, in each other.” 

9. Abbi Glines - Because of Low (Sea Breeze #2)
can be read as a standalone


Other Genres: Contemporary Romance, Chick-Lit

“I don’t think I’m making myself very clear Low,” he’d lowered his voice and the effect made goose bumps break out over my body. “I was only interested in one person at that bar last night. I only came to see one person,” he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and softly caressed my earlobe before tracing the line of my jaw. “I was there for you.” 

8. Nicole Williams - Lost & Found (Lost and Found #1)


Other Genres: Contemporary Romance, Chick-Lit, Abuse

“I bit my cheek and tried not to smile. It didn't matter what I threw at the guy; I couldn't shake that darn sunny attitude of his. Worse of all, I was afraid it might be contagious. "Just so I'm prepared... are all cowboys like you?" I asked, stepping up into Old Bessie.
Jessie stepped between the door and me before I could close it. His body took up almost the entire door frame. "There's no other cowboy like me," he said with a smile.” 

7. Jessica Sorensen - The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence #1)


Other Genres: Contemporary Romance, Abuse, Chick-Lit, Realistic Fiction, College

“But what if I take a chance and everything crumbles? What if I trust someone again and they steal something away from me. I don’t really have that much left until I’m hollow.” 

6. Chelsea M. Cameron - Deeper We Fall 


Other Genres: Contemporary Romance, Realistic Fiction, College 

“Mom, I don’t know what to do.”
“Mockingbird.”
“Mom, I don’t think reading about Scout for the millionth time is going to help in this situation, despite how much I love it.”
“The words of Atticus Finch are relevant in any situation, you would do well to remember them.” 

5. A. Meredith Walters - Find You in the Dark (Find You in the Dark #1)


Other Genres: Contemporary Romance, Dark, Mental Illness

“The struggle is really hard sometimes. And then I meet you. And I feel stuff that I’ve never felt before. Things that I never thought I would be lucky enough to experience. And I feel so out of control in the way I am with you. Like I’m stripped bare and for once someone sees everything inside of me… the good and the really really ugly.”

4. Calia Read - Unravel


Other Genres: Mental Illness, Dark, Realistic Fiction, Mystery, Suspense, Abuse

“When a person is lucky enough to live inside a story, to live inside an imaginary world, the pains of this world disappear. For as long as the story goes on, reality no longer exists.” 

3. Nyrae Dawn - Charade (Games #1)


Other Genres: Contemporary Romance, Chick-Lit, College, Realistic Fiction

“Colt lies on my bed and pulls me down behind him. I expect him to go for my clothes, but instead he kisses me again. 
“Blanket.” I mutter, between kisses. 
“If you’re cold I’m doing something wrong.” 


2. Samantha Young - On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street #1)


Other Genres: Contemporary, Erotic Romance, Chick-Lit

“Sex and holidays."
"Uh, what?"
"I'm making a list of things that make you agreeable."
I scoffed, pushing my foot into his leg. "And all you got is sex and vacations?"
"The length of the list is not my fault."
"Are you saying I'm disagreeable?"
He raised an eyebrow. "Woman, how stupid do you think I am? You really think I'm answering that? I want to get laid tonight."
I pushed him harder. "Watch it, or you might get laid to rest."
Braden threw his head back and laughed.” 

1.  J.  Lynn - Wait for You (Wait for You #1)


Other Genres: Contemporary Romance, Abuse, College, Chick-Lit, Realistic Fiction

“And this must be Avery?"
"Oh, God, no," Cam said. "This is Candy, Mom."
His mother's eyes widened and a bit of color infused her cheeks. "Uh, I'm..."
"I'm Avery," I said, shooting Cam a look. "You had it right."
She spun around, smacking Cam across the arm. Hard, too. "Cameron! Oh my God. I thought..." She smacked him again and he laughed. "You're terrible.” 


I hope you found some new books or some that you've already loved on my list but really I'd be more than happy to read your negative thoughts about these books as well. I always liked to talk about books with people who had different opinion about them than I did. 

What do you think about NA in general? 

Tell me all these things in the comments and share with me you TTT lists, I sure as hell will check them out. Don't feel left out if you don't have a blog, just write down your choices in the comments then. 

Thanks, for stopping by, happy reading! :DD

16 comments:

  1. I love your list!! Some of these are favs of mine, too. Unravel me - wow, that book was fantastic. On Dublin Street is one of my favorite series, too. Fantastic list! I love this genre.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. You've got a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reread On Dublin Street a 1000 times, it's soo great. And Unravel... I was in shock when the truth was revealed. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  2. Callie and Kayden, and On Dublin Street made my list too :) I haven't read Lost and Found yet but it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those are my favorites. Lost and Found really is good, you should give it a chance. :))

      Delete
  3. Fantastic list! I must admit I'm one of those people who has resisted NA, but I like how you included "other genres" and quotes from each book. In fact, the quote from Deeper We Fall hooked me! It's now on my TBR list! :) My TTT: http://bookishginger.blogspot.com/2014/08/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :)) That was my purpose with the quotes, I thought that they mean more to readers than my comments about the books. I hope you'll like it, it was a great read.

      Delete
  4. Oh man. I haven't read anything from here :(

    I have read Fall from India Place from the On Dublin Street series, though. And from the excerpt you shared, it doesn't sound half bad. I'll go check that out :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall from India Place was such a horrible part of the On Dublin Street series, I'd like to forget that it ever came out. Seriously, from the first to the third book everything was fine, the novels kept getting better and I couldn't wait for Fall from India Place to come out. And then I bought it. I read it. I thought that I was in a nightmare! I was so mortified, that book was such a disappointment, the characters annoyed the f*ck out of me and the storyline... let's just not talk about that. Ugh, try On Dublin Street, that is a GREAT book.

      Delete
  5. This is the second time I've seen Wait for You and On Dublin Street on someone's list for New Adult.. I think I need to get on the band wagon and read these! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two books are THE BEST NA books out there. You won't be disappointed (at least I hope so). lol :DD

      Delete
  6. I don't know how you've done it, but half of these books I have not heard of and I will be going to investigate immediately. It's an achievement because I thought I was well-read in the NA genre, obviously not. I love your picks though. Wait For You and Charade are great books especially

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll find some of these books as good as the ones you've already known. :) Thanks, I think so too. :)

      Delete
  7. I loved Wait for You! I'm still relatively new to the NA genre and haven't read many yet but I'm trying to fit them in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you loved Wait for You! Cam is just plainly amazing, the best book boyfriends ever. Well, after Adrian... and Maxon.. but you got the idea, right? lol. :))

      Delete
  8. I've only read The Coincidence, but most of these are on my TBR list! I've actually tried Wait for You and was not a fan. Find You in the Dark is one of those that I wish I would have picked up a long time ago. I've heard so many wonderful things about it. Great list, Veronika! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad you didn't like Wait for You, that is one of my favorites. Find You in the Dark is amazing and it deals with important issues. Thanks. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)