Thursday, August 21

The Social Media Book Tag


I first saw The Social Media Book Tag on one of the Hungarian blogs I follow {My Secret World for You} and I really really really wanted to do it so I looked it up and saw that this was created by a booktuber, Regan at Faulty Devices. Oh, and I won't forget to mention the blog which said that everyone's tagged, Spines & Covers is also the only blog besides My Secret World for You where I found this book tag.

Basically, there's a bookish question to some social media sites and my only task is to answer them. I added a new social media site, Pinterest because I seriously can't live without it and it's so mean that it was left out. My question to it is a bit lame but hey you can always come up with a better one if you choose to do this tag. I hope you'll enjoy my post, have fun! :)



  Your favorite shortest book.

The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger 



I don't usually read classics and even from the few I've read I didn't like that many but The Catcher in the Rye was a total exception. I loved this book and if you haven't read many classics yet you should definitely start with this one.




A book everyone pressured you into reading it. 

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green



I didn't just see all the people loving this on the internet but after my friend read it I had to hear on a daily basis how amazing this book was and yes I did like it in the end but there are better books out there. Overhyped.



A book you read before it was cool. 

Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier 



I think I read Ruby Red before it was cool. I'm not sure though, when I read this it was definitely not popular in Hungary yet and I think neither in the US.




A book you don't remember whether you liked it or not.




I absolutely love this series but for some reason the second book didn't have a big impression on me. I have no idea if I liked it or not, I'm more confused than ever because at first I gave it four stars, then corrected it to two, then to three. 



A cover that's so beautiful you had to instagram it show it to everyone 
{don't have an insta, yet}

The One by Kiera Cass


If I had an instagram, The One would be the book that picture I'd first upload. Just look at that dress, beautiful. 




A book you wish would be turned into a movie. 

Frostbite by Richelle Mead


I heard that there may not be a second movie which would be a shame considering that I loved Vampire Academy on screen. Sure I had a few problems, for starters I didn't really like the actor who played Dimitri but it was alright. The producers and actors of VA joined forces to make Frostbite happen, check out this webpage to learn more.




 A book you recommend to everyone. 


If you regularly read my blog I'm sure you're rolling your eyes right now because whenever I have the chance I put Wait for You in my TTT lists, last week I shared with you the third novel in this series in a WoW post. I can't help it, I just love this book so much. 




A book with characters that you wish you could talk to instead of just reading about.

Cress by Marissa Meyer


 I adore all six main characters. Cinder, Kai, Wolf, Scarlet, Cress and Thorne are all amazing and hilarious. And don't forget about Iko either, she's just so cute and funny.



A book or series that you pinned/shared the most quotes from.

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins


I have several boards on Pinterest dedicated to different series and The Hunger Games trilogy is the one that I've pinned the most quotes from. I love this trilogy and thanks to the fact that there will be two more movies, I'm sure I'll share many more pictures and quotes with my lovely followers. 


That was all, I'm sorry for adding a completely non-related question to Pinterest but I just couldn't leave that site out. If you feel like doing The Social Media Book Tag, consider yourself tagged but don't forget to link up your post in the comments. 

Happy reading! :)

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun! I think I'm going to do it. I agree with you about The Fault in Our Stars--while I enjoyed it, I wasn't totally in love with it or Augustus. I think the hype killed a lot of it for me, because I didn't find it as amazing as everyone else. LOVE The Lunar Chronicles, but I still have yet to read Cress (I was waiting for Winter, but that would be way too long now). Definitely tagging myself to do this. Great post, Veronika! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hype killed it for me too, anywhere I looked on the net mentioned TFiOS, it was horrible how after a while I saw some of my favorite quotes from it so many times that I started to dislike them. I hope that it will quiet down now that the movie has been out for a while but who knows? With Paper Towns being made into a movie too John Green is more famous than ever.
      You should read Cress. Like.. right now. I'm soo happy that I gave a chance to this series, it's so unbelievably good. BTW, I found Cress to be better than the first two books, and Thorne really was amazing in it. Plus Cress is the most adorable character ever. And I'll definitely check out you post when you do it. :))
      Thanks. :)

      Delete
  2. Great post! This seems like a lot of fun. I liked TFIOS but the hype is slowly making me hate the book, for some reason. I really agree with The Hunger Games. It's all over EVERYWHERE, and I think I'm familiar with 50% of the book quotes just because of that. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how the hype around The Hunger Games never annoyed me while I can't bear to look at another picture/quote from TFiOS or Divergent. :))

      Delete
  3. This is such a fantastic tag and I hope that you don't mind me doing it too! Anyway, I agree that the cover of The One is so beautiful but I'm a bit hesitant to read it because I didn't really like the first two books in the series. OMG YOU LIKE THE CATCHER IN THE RYE TOO???? *high five*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be more than happy if you did it, just come back and link it in so I'll be able to check it out! Oh, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like the first two books. :( I liked The One better than those but there are some people who hated it even worse...
      I LOVE The Catcher in the Rye! Such a fantastic book. I'm glad you love it too! *high five*

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)