Saturday, August 30

Mid-Year Book Freakout


The Mid-Year Freakout was created by Chami and Aly from A Book So Fathomless but I found it on Annie's blog, The Runaway Reader. I know that it's not the middle of the year anymore but I still wanted to do this so here I am. I've read 124 books so far I'm a bit of behind myself because last year I read more than 200 books which I don't think I'll be able to accomplish this year. For all the books I've read this year click here



1. Best book you've read so far this year

Ooh, this is such a hard decision. I loved many books this year and put 40 in total on my 2014 Favorites shelf. In the end I chose the one that I've already reread at least twice. This book is Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young. It has all the feels that a good romance should have, simple perfection. 

2. Best sequel you've read so far this year

I was hesitating between two sequels and finally chose Cress by Marissa Meyer. Cress is the third book in The Lunar Chronicles and by no question is one of my favorite books this year. The characters are funny, cute and just so life-like, I loved all of them.

/My review of Cress

3. New release you haven't read yet but want to

Again I could list many books for this question but maybe the one that I most want to read is Magnolia by Kristi Cook. Thankfully I've already ordered it and it's on its way to Hungary.

 4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year

I didn't have to think twice about this because I can remember only a few books that left me with as many questions as the previous book of Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian did. I can't wait to find out everything that I don't know yet, less than three weeks left until the release. 

 5. Biggest disappointment

There were some books this year that really let me down. The one I was the most disappointed in, considering the amazingness of the author and the previous books is Up from the Grave by Jeaniene Frost. This is the last book in the Night Huntress series and I couldn't wait to find out how Cat and Bones' journey will end so I was prepared for an action packed closure. Instead I got a boring story-line, and an ending that left me mortified. Ugh. 

 6. Biggest surprise

My biggest surprise was We Were Liars by E. Lockhart and not just because the mindfuck the ending was. I don't even remember why I picked up the book, usually I don't read books that don't have a normal synopsis but this soon jumped onto the beginning of my to-buy list. I was surprised I ended up loving We Were Liars, before I've never read any novels that were written in a strange way like this is. Recommended for everyone.

/My review of We Were Liars

 7. Favorite new author

This has to be Abigail Haas, the amazing writer who wrote both Dangerous Girls and Dangerous Boys. I loved both of her books but DB wasn't as incredibly as her debut novel DG was. She is officially joined to my auto-buy authors.

/Review of Dangerous Girls

8. Newest fictional crush

Finally an easy question. Adrian from The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost is literally my newest fictional crush because I read this book yesterday. I love him even if we didn't have the chance yet to really get to know him. After Up from the Grave, Frost cleansed herself in my eyes because this book was freaking amazing. 

9. Newest favorite character

Why would you ask such a hard question??? I can't possibly choose, I feel like I'm betraying my other favorite characters if I choose one. Okay, I decided... I think. My newest favorite character is Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. He's such a funny character and I'm shipping him so hard with Cress. 

/My reviews of: Cinder, Scarlet, Cress/

10. Book that made you cry

I don't cry on books. Ever. Nor on movies, tv shows etc. However books don't leave me cold either, they can make me tear up and just make me feel. I think the book that I found the most touching in a long time was The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. Of course there were many books that made me tear up but this... such a greatly written romance and the storyline was pretty exciting too. Love it.

/My review of The Winner's Curse/

11. Book that made you happy

These days I don't really read contemporary romance, that doesn't mean there aren't happy/funny parts in my books but I couldn't point out a book that only made me happy. In the end I chose Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson which was a cute contemporary read, perfect for the summer. 

12. Favorite book to film adaptation you saw this year

I think I only saw three books to movie adaptations this year and I wasn't impressed by either one of them. / Don't hate on me. / Namely these are The Fault in Our Stars, Divergent and The Spectacular Now. Yep, Shailene played the main character in all three of these and she's just so unsympathetic to me.

/Movie review of TFiOS/

13. Favorite review you've written this year

How can I possibly choose? All my reviews are amazing. Joking. It was still hard to choose, it was no question that I'll choose one of the newer ones simply because they are more put together but which one? Finally I chose my review of Tease by Amanda Maciel not only because I put a lot of work into this review but because I feel like I should mention this wonderful novel.

14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year

This won't be a big surprise. My favorite cover this year is the cover of The One by Kiera Cass. When it was first revealed it took my breath away, that dress is even more beautiful than ones the first two books were.  

15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?

I really would like to continue the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh, I love these books but unfortunately if I stop reading them it's hard to pick them up again. So far I've read 7 books from 13 and there are more coming. 

I want to start the Shatter Me trilogy, I feel like I'm the only one who haven't read those books yet. 

Then there's Wendy Higgins' Sweet Evil trilogy from which I have the first book but still haven't picked up.

I need to continue The Raven Cycle series because I've only read the first book. When I bought the second one I didn't remember anymore what happened in the first, I started it but because of this I didn't feel it so I put it down. I'll need to reread Raven Boys before I can go on with the next books. 

I really need to read the books in the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, so far I've only read Obsidian but I'm eager to read the other books too. 
White Hot Kiss is recommended by everyone and after reading another book from Armentrout I'd read anything she writes so that goes onto my most wanted list too. 


Some other books I want to read this year: 

Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
This Shattered Word by Meagan Spooner and Amie Kaufman
The Hit List by Nikki Urang
Creed by Trisha Leaver
They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire
The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters
Echoes of Scotland Street by Samantha Young
Stay with Me by J. Lynn
Falling into Place by Amy Zhang
One More Chance by Abbi Glines

I could go on and on and on but I'm not sure I'll be able to read all of these books so why would I? 

Anyways I'm really curious for your answers. Answer in the comments to as many as questions as you'd like to. Or if you'd done the Mid-Year Book Freakout or anything like this link it up and I'll check it out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)