Tuesday, July 29

Waiting on Wednesday #7: Burying Water by K. A. Tucker



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine. For this week's WoW post I chose Burying Water by K. A. Tucker (author of Ten Tiny Breaths). This is a New Adult, Contemporary Romance, read the whole post if you're interested.


The top-selling, beloved indie author of Ten Tiny Breaths returns with a new romance about a young woman who loses her memory—and the man who knows that the only way to protect her is to stay away.
Left for dead in the fields of rural Oregon, a young woman defies all odds and survives—but she awakens with no idea who she is, or what happened to her. Refusing to answer to “Jane Doe” for another day, the woman renames herself “Water” for the tiny, hidden marking on her body—the only clue to her past. Taken in by old Ginny Fitzgerald, a crotchety but kind lady living on a nearby horse farm, Water slowly begins building a new life. But as she attempts to piece together the fleeting slivers of her memory, more questions emerge: Who is the next-door neighbor, quietly toiling under the hood of his Barracuda? Why won’t Ginny let him step foot on her property? And why does Water feel she recognizes him?
Twenty-four-year-old Jesse Welles doesn’t know how long it will be before Water gets her memory back. For her sake, Jesse hopes the answer is never. He knows that she’ll stay so much safer—and happier—that way. And that’s why, as hard as it is, he needs to keep his distance. Because getting too close could flood her with realities better left buried. 
The trouble is, water always seems to find its way to the surface.







I really liked all the books I've read from the Ten Tiny Breaths series so far - this covers the first three books - so I'm already familiar with K. A. Tucker's writing style. I think if anyone can pull off an amnesia story with a seemingly complicated story-line that's her. These days I don't really want to read contemporary romance but this sounds so promising, I hope I won't be disappointed. 




Tell me about what are you waiting on this week, I promise I'll check out your blog. :) 

20 comments:

  1. I see so many good things about this author! I will have to pick up one of her book someday! This one looks good--hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should, she writes amazing contemporary romances. :)

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of this one. Great pick!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such a mysterious book and I'm looking forward to it myself. I've heard fabulous things about the author and I have no doubt this will be a winner for readers as well. Lovely pick! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we won't be disappointed, as I think about this book I get more and more curious about the mysteries. It's such a pain to wait. :( Thanks. :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read anything by the author before but I'm super intrigued by this one, especially since I've been in love with new adult fiction recently :)
    Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't gotten into the TTB series yet, hoping to soon though, though I've heard a few mixed things from some friends, but hey, you won't know if you'll like it until you try it, right? :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, sometimes bad reviews scare me away but usually I give a chance to the book I'd like to read. It's not the best book ever but it's not bad either, I read it before I really gotten myself into contemporary romances so maybe I wasn't too hard on it but still you should really give it a chance it's not bad.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great book! I haven't read her previous series, I've been meaning to, but so many books to read! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, there's never enough time for reading. Thanks. :)

      Delete
  7. Just heard about this one today! I love K.A tucker so it's an instant read for me :) Great pick!

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope it will be as good, or even better than her other books. Thanks. :))

      Delete
  8. Awesome pick! I haven't heard of this one yet. I have to go check it out!

    Come check out my blog and maybe even hit the follow button? It'd be greatly appreciated! http://bundles-of-books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only read the first two book in the Ten Tiny Breaths series but I did like a lot of elements in them. This one reminds me a lot of Ten Tiny Breaths, particularly the situation between the two main characters reminds me of that twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think about it that way but now that you've said it, yes there certainly are some resemblances but I still hope that Burying Water will be better than Ten Tiny Breaths was.

      Delete
  10. Great pick, I did a cover reveal for this one. It sounded really good :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)