Wednesday, July 23

Waiting on Wednesday #6: Creed by Trisha Leaver and Lindsay Currie



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine, it features upcoming releases that we're eagerly waiting for. This week I'm going to write about Creed by Trisha Leaver and Lindsay Currie. 



Three went in. Three came out. None even a shadow of who they once were.
When their car breaks down, Dee, her boyfriend Luke, and his brother Mike walk through a winter storm to take refuge in a nearby town called Purity Springs. When they arrive, the emergency sirens are blaring and the small farming town seems abandoned. With no other shelter, they spend the night in an empty house.
But they soon discover that not everything in Purity Springs is as it seems. When the town's inhabitants suddenly appear the next morning, Dee, Luke, and Mike find themselves at the mercy of the charismatic leader, Elijah Hawkins, who plans to make Dee his new wife. Elijah's son, Joseph, offers to help them escape . . . but the price of his help may be more than Dee and her friends can bear.







First of all I love YA mystery thrillers or in this case horrors and this seems like it has an interesting storyline.  Secondly, look at that cover... seems creepy, isn't it? The first sentence of the synopsis is my favorite because it predicts that these three people will experience things that will change them forever. Sounds very intriguing, don't you agree?
 

What is your waiting on wednesday pick this week? Link in your WoW post in the comments! If you don't have a blog, just write down which book(s) are you waiting for the most at the moment. Don't forget that I'm curious about everyone's pick :) 

Happy reading! :)

25 comments:

  1. ooooooo now this sounds like my kind of read. Thanks for sharing!


    Feel Free To Check Out My WOW Pick

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds super creepy, and so good. I can't wait to read it! :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow. I thought the cover was creepy but it's nothing compared to the summary. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds pretty freaky!! It's not my type of thing, I scare too easily haha. I really like the cover though. Kind of pretty as well as being creepy. I hope you enjoy it though!
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I'm actually the opposite, nothing is too scary for me. Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. I have seen this cover somewhere else. The book does give a creepy vibe, but in a good way. The Summary sounds intriguing.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will be as good as it sounds like. :)

      Delete
  6. This sounds amazing! I just added it to my TBR list. How do you add the Good Reads button to your post? I tried to figure out how to do that this morning, but failed.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't let me publish an HTML link more so if it's wrong so I'm going to write a message to you. :)

      Delete
  7. Talk about a creepy cover! it all sounds creepy and wonderful :)

    Here’s My WoW

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want this book sooooo bad! Great choice!

    Here's our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds really good. Also it sounds really mysterious. I mean what happened and why are they there. I'm really curious now. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty curious too, can't wait for it to come out. :)

      Delete
  10. I have enjoyed a few thrillers that I have read so I'm sure this one will be no different. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, this sounds really good and scary, I love reading thriller - horrors, especially in the fall or winter :). Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to read them in the winter too, there's nothing better than curling up on the sofa with a great mystery thriller. :)

      Delete
  12. I have spotted a creepy read! This is definitely my kind of read :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not something I'd normally pick up but the storyline does look good, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)