Wednesday, July 16

Waiting on Wednesday #5: Kristi Cook - Magnolia


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine. Every week we obsess over upcoming releases, this week I'm writing about Magnolia by Kristi Cook. 

In Magnolia Branch, Mississippi, the Cafferty and Marsden families are southern royalty. Neighbors since the Civil War, the families have shared vacations, holidays, backyard barbecues, and the overwhelming desire to unite their two clans by marriage. So when a baby boy and girl were born to the families at the same time, the perfect opportunity seemed to have finally arrived.
Jemma Cafferty and Ryder Marsden have no intention of giving in to their parents’ wishes. They’re only seventeen, for goodness’ sake, not to mention that one little problem: They hate each other! Jemma can’t stand Ryder’s nauseating golden-boy persona, and Ryder would like nothing better than to pretend stubborn Jemma doesn’t exist.

But when a violent storm ravages Magnolia Branch, it unearths Jemma’s and Ryder’s true feelings for each other as the two discover that the line between love and hate may be thin enough to risk crossing over.

Release date: August 5











I just love those stories in which pure hatred turns into love, more so if the characters have known each other for a long time, in this case all their lives. 

I always say that you can't judge a book by its cover but in reality I don't think I'd have picked this up if not for this beautiful but still simple cover. Really just look at it, it has a bit of a dark atmosphere and aww I just love it!


Tell me in the comments what is your WoW pick and I'm sure as hell gonna check it out! If you don't have a blog, just leave a comment, I'm curious about everyone's most awaited release so don't disappoint me! I always get many great ideas from your choices. :) 

Thanks for stopping by, have a nice day. :) 

25 comments:

  1. I have seen this one around and I'm really intrigued by it. I love when characters fall in love with each other after they knew each other for a long time. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will be as good as it seems :) Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Well it certainly sounds like an interesting book! I've heard of Kritsi Cook, I think I've read something else by her.

    Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy!

    My WoW: thekookybookworm.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/waiting-on-wednesday-38.html

    Kacii @ The Kooky Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'll enjoy it, the GR rating isn't that good but whatever.

      Delete
  3. I have been waiting forever for this one. I had even forgotten it's coming out soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The release date is soo close... now we just have to hope that it'll be as good as it seems like. :D

      Delete
  4. Me too! Hate/Love are always my favourite types of romance in YA, mainly because the banter, always fun. :) For some reason I thought this was already out, oops. But, not long to go anyway! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly forget how funny and witty these kind of books can be, thanks for reminding me. :) Fortunately, just a few more weeks to go. YAY! :D

      Delete
  5. I had only heard of this last week and I am already excited for it to be released! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously can't wait for it to come out! :D

      Delete
  6. great pick veronika! i already read magnolia and i really, really enjoyed it. i hope you will too when you get your hands on it. thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like hate-turns--to-love stories, too. I'll definitely be adding this to my wish list!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you won't be disappointed :)

      Delete
  8. This one is new to me! I agree, the idea of love turning to hate sounds so good, and then family junk mixed in makes it even better. Hope you enjoy it, and thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, I hope their family won't be too pushy with the "let's make our kids marry each other" stuff, but even if they will be it seems to me that the two protagonists would stand up to themselves which I love in books. I guess we'll see.

      Delete
  9. This sounds SO good!! It looks like a LOT of sparks fly between these two characters. Ohhh, I LOVE that!! Nothing like a dynamic, tension-filled romance to spice up my summer!! Delicious!! KUDOS on your awesome pick this week!!

    Also, thanks for stopping by and commenting on my own WOW post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to read this ASAP, it had such a great potential, I hope I won't be disappointed. Thanks. :)
      I'm really looking forward to your WoW pick, Beautiful Ashes as well.

      Delete
  10. Love it when a love/hate relationship develops to something else. Can't wait to read how the author will work this out :D

    thanks for stopping by my WOW ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love/Hate relationships are seriously the BEST, as the the release date gets closer, the waiting gets worse and worse lol.

      Delete
  11. Sounds really sweet but intriguing still, I like love/hate relationships if it's done right - written well. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! :)

    Henna @ Howling for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really who doesn't adore a greatly-written love/hate relationship.. though I'm a bit afraid of the story being too cliché but still I'll buy this ASAP. :)

      Delete
  12. I can't wait for this one :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)