Wednesday, July 9

Waiting on Wednesday #4: Nikki Urang - The Hit List


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine. This week I'm going to write about The Hit List by Nikki Urang. Let's get started. :) 



The Los Angeles Conservatory for the Arts is supposed to be a new beginning for Sadie Bryant. Moving across the country is exactly what she needs to escape the gossip surrounding her injury, the devastating betrayal of her ex-partner, and to rebuild her career as a solo dancer.

When the school announces that the annual Fall Showcase, a performance that secures a spot studying in London, will now require each dancer to have a partner, Sadie’s fresh start is a nightmare. Now she has to dance with Luke Morrison, the school womanizer with a big ego. Sadie doesn’t know how to trust Luke enough to dance with him after her last partner left her broken, but Luke is determined to change that.

Then, The Hit List comes out. A game of sexual conquest where guys get points for all the girls they hook up with—and it seems like every guy at the school is playing.

The girl worth the most points? Sadie.










This is the part where I would start obsessing about how amazing the story seems to be and tell you why did it catch my attention in the first place, but actually I'm not sure why I want to read this so much. I mean the story seems a bit dumb and as far as it seems at this point the romance won't be that much original either. ("she has to dance with Luke Morrison, the school womanizer with a big ego")

Anyway, I love books about dancers and this seems like dancing isn't just a topic mentioned a few times throughout the book. I said I have no idea why I want to read this but I do want to read it more than most of the books I'm currently waiting for and this is why it get a Waiting on Wednesday Post. 

What book(s) are you most waiting for at the moment? Link in your WoW post in the comments or just write down the title if you don't have a blog. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

18 comments:

  1. I've seen this one on so many blogs in the past week or two. It's going to be a big one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower via bloglovin. I've seen this around a lot more lately and it looks so very good indeed. I hope you love this book when it comes out. Come check out my WOW.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! :) IKR, I hope it won't be a very clichéd story.

      Delete
  3. This was my WoW a few weeks ago and I'm really excited to read it. I love how it's about dance and I hope the idea of the list is going to be educational.
    Great pick! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think about the chance of it being educational but that would make this story so much better. Thanks. :)

      Delete
  4. It's not for me, but I hope it's everything you want it to be and that you enjoy reading it! And thanks for coming by Through Raspberry Colored Glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. :) Thanks for the comment. :)

      Delete
  5. I think this book can be amazing or a total bore im really hoping its not the latter but i guess we'll have to wait and find out :)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I would be so disappointed if it wouldn't be the latter, it has such a gorgeous cover, simple but perfect, I hope the story would be just as amazing as it is.

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I'm excited about this one too!! I don't read many books where the main characters are dancers, but I love the sound of this one. Great pick! :)

    Holly @ Part of that World

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am torn with this one. The dancing doesn't really appeal to me, and I am not sure that the synopsis does either, but for some reason, I am still intrigued! Hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should check out a few reviews after the publication and read what others thought about it. I hope so, too. :)

      Delete
  8. Hmm, sounds interesting. Hadn't seen this one before.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm kind of undecided about this one, but I also really enjoy books about dancers. I don't know why exactly, but I love them. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same is true for me, I never danced and didn't really know anything about it but books about dancers fascinate me, I just hope dancing will have a big role in The Hit List. Thanks.

      Delete
  10. I really want to read this one! I love books about dancers too. :) Thank you for stopping by my WoW earlier this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)