Wednesday, July 2

Waiting on Wednesday #3, This Night So Dark by Amy Kaufman & Meagan Spooner


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly waiting for. 

In this week's Waiting on Wednesday post I'm writing about This Night So Dark by Amy Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. 



The e-short, called This Night So Dark, will be available on all e-reader platforms on October 7, 2014, and it'll be free for all readers. It's a bit shorter than novella-length and a bit longer than short-story-length, and it's both a prequel AND a sequel. How's that? Read on!

The story will follow Tarver, and the secret behind why he was on the Icarus when the great spaceliner met its epic end. Where'd all those medals come from? Why doesn't he want to talk about it? And if you're wondering how it can be a sequel at the same time, you just have to look at the format of These Broken Stars. That story's told out of order, too.

In addition to Tarver's story, the e-short will also contain the first two chapters of This Shattered World, a full two months before the book hits the shelves!

Release date: October 7th





I found this approx two weeks ago on Goodreads and fell from one wonder to another. First of all it will both be a sequel and a prequel, I'm really curious of Tarver's secret because it was mentioned so many times but never properly explained. If I have to guess how this can be a story what's told out of order I think he'll talk about his past to Lilac, this way there can be scenes from Tarver's past and from their present together. Secondly it will be free AND will contain the first two chapters of This Shattered World. 








I want, no, I need more Tarver and Lilac, mainly because their story wasn't actually closed off properly and because I love them to the moon and back. I was a bit sad when I realized This Shattered World won't be about them but happy at the same time because this way the authors won't ruin their story with any additional drama. 

Anyways I am sooo excited about this novella, I want to know how long it will be and I want more from these characters and I want to get to know the new characters all at the same time. Haha. 


What is your Waiting on Wednesday pick? Link it in or just tell me in the comments. What do you think about This Night So Dark? Will you read it or not? Any ideas how this can be a prequel and a sequel? :) 


9 comments:

  1. Haha! I love your gifs! I haven't heard of this series. Thanks for sharing! Here's my Waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check it out if you have a bit time, it really is good. :)

      Delete
  2. THIS IS SO EXCITING. I didn't know about this and my WoW was for This Shattered World, Thanks so much for sharing ! :)

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? I found it a week or so ago and I'm soo excited!! I'm happy it will contain the first two chapters of This Shattered World, this way I can check out if its good enough for buying it in physical copy. :)

      Delete
  3. This is exciting. Thanks for sharing. Here is my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WOULD BE A NOVELLA! Wow, that's totally awesome, I would want more Tarver and Lilac as well. Can't wait to read this!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it won't be too short because I'll seriously freak out then, lol. :)

      Delete
  5. OH MY GOSH! I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS TOO! I'm definitely missing Tarver + Lilac, so I can't wait to see what this novella has to offer! Hopefully this will keep us all contained until This Shattered World comes out! ;) Thanks for sharing! <3

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to hell the new characters in This Shattered World will be just as amazing as these two were and even if Tarver and Lilac won't have a very big role they has to be in the second book! :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)