Thursday, July 31

July Wrap-Up and Upcoming Reviews



It’s monthly wrap-up time again, summer flies by so fast, don't you agree? Just a few hours from now on and it will be August. Horrible. With school coming I will have less time to read, blog and honestly I'll be far less enthusiastic. Whatever, summer's still here and I can still read as much I want to (happy sigh). 

Unfortunately I was in a reading slump and now I'm in a blogging slump which is kind of worse because I feel like I let you down by posting less reviews than the books I read. I promise that I will catch up on everything and will review every single book I have recently read.

Okay, now let's get started with the books I've read and reviewed shall we? :)


I read 15 books in July but I've only reviewed 9 of them (ashamed face) here are they: 

Nalini Singh - Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
Nalini Singh - Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
Laini Taylor - Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2)
Laini Taylor - Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #3)
Laura Roppé - Heart Shaped Rock
Nalini Singh - Beat of Temptation and Whisper of Sin (Psy-Changeling #0.5, 0.6)
Marissa Meyer - Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2)
Marissa Meyer - Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)

I made 5 Top Ten Tuesday lists: 


I wrote 5 Waiting on Wednesday posts: 

Meagan Spooner and Amy Kaufman - This Night So Dark
Nikki Urang - The Hit List
Kristi Cook - Magnolia
Trisha Leaver and Lindsay Currie - Creed 
K. A. Tucker - Burying Water 


Other things: 

I did the Countdown Survey, click here for it and participate. 
I did a cover reveal of the book Eternal Light by Nelly B. Jones, click here for it. 


I had this idea that I'll give out monthly awards to the books I love, and paste in a few sentences next to them from my reviews. Tell me in the comments what do you think about this. 

Book of the month:                                                                                         

"Cress was action packed, funny, sweet and sad, all in all it was plain awesomeness."

"The Lunar Chronicles might be the series in which I feel the world building the most complete."                                                                         




Cover of the month:

"Dreams of Gods & Monsters was the book in which Laini Taylor showed me that she didn't just find a great idea and used it for her books but is an amazingly talented writer."
Biggest disappointment of the month: 

 "I have to say that Heart Shaped Rock definitely has a cute atmosphere and it just makes you root for the couple from the beginning, or so they say. The relationship of Shaynee and Dean left me cold and not even because it was an insta love..."


Let's talk about all the awesomeness that will come in August. 

On the 31st of August I'll post what books I've read throughout the Summer Reading Challenge and I'll link in all the reviews I've written in the summer. 

I've already read these books, so I review will most definitely come. 


I won't only review the little android but all the other short-stories from the Lunar Chronicles including Carswell's Guide to Being Lucky. 

Here are some that will probably come: 


Thanks for stopping by and taking time to take a look at all the books I've reviewed, hope you enjoyed my post. 

Happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)