Monday, June 30

Top Ten Classics I Want To Read



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish, this week's Top Ten Tuesday is theme is The Top Then Classics I Want To Read. Click on the title for Goodreads page. 

Actually this is a top nine list + two classicals I can recommend to anyone. :) 




9. William Golding - Lord of the Flies 


8. Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray


7. George Orwell - Animal Farm 


6. George Orwell - 1984


5. Emily Bronte - Wuthering Heights 


Once I started to read this, I kind of liked the scenes which were actually about Heathcliff and Catherine in the past but hated all the scenes in the present, they felt unnecessary and boring for me. 

4. Edgar Allan Poe - The Masque of the Red Death  (a novella)




2. Sylvia Plath - The Bell Jar


1. Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird 



And here are the two books I'd recommend to anyone: 

Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice 



J. D. Salinger - The Catcher in the Rye 

Click here for the review of Catcher in the Rye

Thanks for stopping by, please let me know about your Top Ten Choices in the comments. Tell me in the comments as well if we have any common want to reads/favorites.

Happy reading! :)

7 comments:

  1. I really love Pride and Prejudice. It was the first classic I read on my own. If you loved it, you should check out the Pemberly Digital channel on YouTube. They made Pride and Prejudice into a webseries and it is completely amazing!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard about that but I'm going to check it out soon. :)

      Delete
  2. Animal Farm and 1984 are two classics I really need to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I completely forgot about The Diary of Anne Frank!!! That is a must read for me. Also, I did not like Animal Farm and never finished it. But I did like To Kill a Mockingbird. A lot of these are also on my list. Hope you'll be able to read them soon! :)

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to To Kill a Mockingbird, I heard so many great things about it. I'm a bit afraid of Animal Farm and because I heard it's a bit hard to read it but I'm interested in the story so I'm going to give it a try. :)

      Delete
  4. Great List! I had 1984 and The Lord of the Flies on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)