Tuesday, June 10

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year



I'm so excited to share my first top ten list with you guys. Since I started this blog in March I've been looking forward to join to this amazing meme at The Broke and the Bookish but didn't have enough time to look into the details and rules but now it's the end of the school year (yay!) and I found time to finally make my first Top Ten Tuesday post. (happy dance)


 
I think writing a few sentences about each book would be appropriate but I have a better idea. Next to each book I'm going to write down my favorite quote, meanwhile I still think you should check out these diamonds so I added a little help. Click on the pictures for the Goodreads page of each book and click on the titles for my reviews (I didn't review all of them). Easy, isn't it? :) 

Now, let's get started! 
10. Holly Black - The Coldest Girl in Coldtown


“Every hero is the villain of his own story.” 



“Even from the beginning, that was the problem. People liked pretty things. People even liked pretty things that wanted to kill and eat them.” 


9. Simone Elkeles - Wild Cards (Wild Cards #1)





“Because I'm tryin' to push you away when all I want to do is hold you. I know you say you don't want a hero, but damn I'd like to be that guy who'll save you from spiders and whatever and whoever else hurts you.” 


8. Danielle Paige - Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)




“You say Wicked like it’s a good thing,” I said.
“You’re getting the hang of it.” Glamora’s voice was glittering mischievously. “Down is up, up is down. Good is Wicked, Wicked is Good. The times are changing. This is what Oz has come to.” 



"Sometimes only pain can heal."

7. Marissa Meyer - Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1)


“I don't know. I don't actually remember anything from before the surgery."
His eyebrows rose, his blue eyes sucking in all the light of the room. "The cybernetic operation?"
"No, the sex change."
The doctor's smile faltered.
"I'm joking.”

6. Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner - These Broken Stars (Starbound #1)


“Abandon her? If only my duty or my conscience would let me. The galaxy would be better off, if you ask me. Who’d even know we were in the same pod? Except that I would know. And that would be enough.” 

5. E. Lockhart - We Were Liars 


"Welcome to the beautiful Sinclair family.
No one is a criminal.
No one is an addict.
No one is a failure.
The Sinclairs are athletic, tall, and handsome. We are old-money Democrats. Our smiles are wide, our chins square, and our tennis serves aggressive.
It doesn’t matter if divorce shreds the muscles of our hearts so that they will hardly beat without a struggle. It doesn’t matter if trust-fund money is running out; if credit card bills go unpaid on the kitchen counter. It doesn’t matter if there’s a cluster of pill bottles on the bedside table." 

“What if we could stop being different colors, different backgrounds, and just be in love?” 

4. Abigail Haas and Abby McDonald - Dangerous Girls 


"Any one of us could be made to look a monster, with selective readings of our history."

"You see? How simple it is, how one little piece of information changes everything. How it all just falls into place.
Betrayal."

3. Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian - Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn #2)




 "I’ve fallen for the one person I shouldn’t have. For the boy who broke Mary’s heart. For Rennie’s one true love. For Alex’s best friend.It has to end here. Now."

2. Kiera Cass - The One (The Selection #3)


“Though I still occasionally questioned my desire to be the princess, there was no doubt in my mind that I wanted to be Maxon’s.” 

“This letter has gotten foolish, and I think you know how I detest looking like a fool. But still I do. For you.” 

“I was nearly attacked. All because I missed your smell.” 

1. Samantha Young - Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street #3)


“My mum always said if you can’t say something nice, say something memorable.” 

“No one,” I whispered, my lips trembling with the emotion, “has ever made me feel like the person I’ve always wanted to be until you. You make me feel beautiful, Nate. All the way through. No one else has ever given me that. No one.”

“I’m glad,” he murmured against my mouth. “Not just because you deserve to feel that way … but because it makes you mine.” 



That was it, my official top 10 list from the books I've read in 2014. Hope you enjoyed it, let me know in the comments if we have any common favorites or if you plan on reading any of these. I'd be happy if you'd tell me about your favorite(s) too. :) 

All the books I've read this year can be find here:  https://www.goodreads.com/user_challenges/1055765

12 comments:

  1. Two books on your list are on my TBR pile! (Dorothy and Cinder)
    I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed We Were Liars. I'm hearing you either love it or hate it, which is why I'm sort of avoiding it.
    Thanks for sharing!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read Dorothy Must Die and Cinder as soon as you can because they are fan-freaking-tastic :)
      We Were Liars was pretty good but I can see why some people hate it.

      Delete
  2. Hi!
    This list was vvery intresting for me. Thank you :) I like the selection series and I would like to ask you who will be America partner. Max, Aspen or other boy.
    Elle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *SPOILER* America will choose Maxon but Aspen will find a girl as well :) Which boy did you prefer?

      Delete
  3. I loved that you added quotes in your top ten list, shows that you are genuinely invested in these books, which gives your recommendations a lot more weight. The Cinder series is quite fun and I've got the Selection series on my to read list. Thanks for sharing!

    AJ Bauers @ Covert Extrovert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love quotes but this wasn't the only reason I added them, I wanted everyone who read these books and loved them to remember how it felt to read them and I wanted to make people who didn't heard about these books get interested, they can easily check out the blurb anywhere so I wanted to introduce these books in another way.
      You should start reading The Selection, it has it's mistakes but it's still a great story and somehow it's a bit different from all the dystopian books out there, which started to sound more and more like each other in my opinion. :)

      Delete
  4. These Broken Stars, Cinder, and The Coldest Girl in Coldtown are some of my favorites! Oh, and I still need to read Dorothy Must Die!! :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the next book in the These Broken Stars series :)

      Delete
  5. Nice list! I loved Cinder, and hope to get to These Broken Stars one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Cinder was so amazing, I was really afraid of it but now I'm glad I read it.
      These Broken Stars was really amazing, I'm so looking forward to the next book in this series, even if it's about other characters. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness practically all of these books are on my TBR pile or I read and loved them! I don't know where to start! I absolutely loved The One. The Elite was such a flop for me but The One redeemed the series in my eyes. Dangerous Girls, We Were Liars, These Broken Stars, The Coldest Girl In Coldtown, and Dorthy Must Die are all pretty high on my TBR list :) Oh and how could I forget Cinder - loved that series (well 3 books so far...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like we have a really similar taste in reading :)
      It was the same for me with The Elite, I didn't like it very much but The One was absolute perfection. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)