Thursday, June 12

Samantha Young - Fall From India Place (On Dublin Street #4)


When Hannah Nichols last saw Marco D’Alessandro, five long years ago, he broke her heart. The bad boy with a hidden sweet side was the only guy Hannah ever loved—and the only man she’s ever been with. After one intense night of giving into temptation, Marco took off, leaving Scotland and Hannah behind. Shattered by the consequences of their night together, Hannah has never truly moved on.

Leaving Hannah was the biggest mistake of Marco’s life, something he has deeply regretted for years. So when fate reunites them, he refuses to let her go without a fight. Determined to make her his, Marco pursues Hannah, reminding her of all the reasons they’re meant to be together.…
But just when Marco thinks they’re committed to a future together, Hannah makes a discovery that unearths the secret pain she’s been hiding from him, a secret that could tear them apart before they have a real chance to start over again….


This book was one of the many I was really-really looking forward to but unfortunately it became one of my biggest disappointments of the year. After finishing Fall from India Place I feel cheated and sad because even if Hannah's and Marco's story ended in the best way possible I feel like I lost a lot of time while reading this.
As soon as I started to read it I could feel that something was off, but I kept going because I wanted to like this like I did all the others in this series, even the short-stories. It kills me to write a bad review of this because Olivia's and Nate's book is my first on this week's Top Ten Tuesday and even before that I loved all the characters and their stories which felt as real as my own life. 
The story's basics were the memories of Hannah and the present where Marco crashes back into her calm but unhappy life. Unlike last time, Marco is determined to get Hannah back and never let her go again but this time Hannah is the one with issues which could ruin their future together.  
My first and biggest problem is that I couldn't get into this book. Do you know that feeling when you can climb into a novel and feel everything what a character does? This was what I've been looking for but I never found it. 
My second biggest problem was how Samantha Young tried to pull this story longer than it was by creating this mystery of what could possibly happen after Marco left. Actually this was clear since reading the blurb but I would have forgotten this if she hadn't tried to make it look like this big ass secret. You can probably guess by know that I realized Marco's secret way earlier than it was supposed to be seen... dammit it was freaking obvious as soon as he hinted the first clue. 
I couldn't relate to any of the characters, even the old ones seemed like Disney princesses who live in a world where nothing is wrong while Hannah was clearly suffering (khhm khhm in self pity). I mean this whole Marco thing happened years ago so how is that possible that Ellie is just asking questions now? She even said that Hannah was locking them out since then... and why the hell did Hannah get worse? Because of a picture? That's bullshit because if a picture of her teenage love could affect her this much than she wouldn't have been able to forget him in the first place, no matter what.
The coincidences were annoying, as well. Marco's situation was necessary because of the plot but didn't have any meaning or real chance in real life. I know this is a fictional story but please two in a little more than one year says something about Marco... 
Finally the clichés which wouldn't have annoyed me this much if the story had been perfect. Meeting again at a wedding and the "I'm not good enough for you" cliché and many many more to come if you choose to read this book.  

Hannah: In the previous books she was a bookworm who was not just cute but kind and on some levels brave even if her braveness tend to disappear when it came to boys. I adored her and was looking forward to her story, I thought she'll be a kick-ass female lead who knows what she wants. Unlike the previous heroines I thought she will be strong from the very beginning and wouldn't need time to recover from something and will shove the door into Marco's face because he had broke her heart, boy was I wrong!

She was anything but these things, she remembered how deeply Marco hurt her but she kicked him where she knew he was going to be hurt, who does something like this? I can't even imagine how hard her situation was but for instance she should have told Marco what really happened after he left her and not cut him deep just because she was weak and scared. 

I wanted to feel some really deep friendship between her and Cole but there was none... besides a stupid thing Cole did I never felt that bestest friend thing Hannah was talking about. 

Marco: He would have been quite amazing if I hadn't missed something from his personality. He was cute and he fought for Hannah but he still had that suffered hero thing which I usually like BUT he wasn't anything special to me, he felt like a secondary character in his own story. 
“You’re stalking me?”
“I’d prefer to call it actively pursuing you.” 
See? He IS CUTE and hot but... just a plain 2 dimensional character, not something I was used to get from Samantha Young. 

Cole: He was actually more boring in this book than he was when he was still in high-school. I like the idea of him not being a man-whore and actually dating girls who he likes but I don't see why did the author felt the need to make him look like this dating machine. I mean I wouldn't have minded it if he had been single in the end because he was after a bad relationship... even Hannah said that Cole clearly didn't love the girl... than why? I'm still going to read his book, though, but now I'm more wary of this series than before. 

Favorite character: - 
Least favorite: Hannah

The story idea: 3/5
The realization of the story: 3/5
The characters: 2/5
The cover: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)