Thursday, June 12

Calia Read - Unravel

“I'll accept that in order to unravel my story, I need to be destroyed first.” 

Six months ago, I was happy. I was simply Naomi Carradine.

One month ago, I was admitted into a psych ward.
Yesterday, Lachlan visited me. Kissed me. And told me that I’m starting to lose my mind.
Hours later, Max haunted my thoughts, reminding me I’m not crazy and that he needs my help.
A few minutes ago, I drifted further from reality, trying to unravel the past.
And now...everyone thinks I’m insane. But, I know he's real, and I know he needs me.
Do you believe me?







“When a person is lucky enough to live inside a story, to live inside an imaginary world, the pains of this world disappear. For as long as the story goes on, reality no longer exists.”
Not so long ago I found some books which dealt with mental-illness and I happened to like them a lot so I started to search for more in this theme and found Unravel. 
It was really good and I didn't guess the ending but thinking back to everything it was quite logical so I suppose some of you might find out the truth before the end. It was a pretty enjoyable book with great characters and I loved every single one of them. 
I gave four stars because even after finishing the book I have some questions which weren't answered properly. 

“Listen closely. Hang on to every word. But most of all, please believe me.” 
This book was really good but it was clearly missing something. I couldn't even name a mistake in it besides what I said before, still somehow it was far from a five star rating. 

Unravel consisted of memories from the past which were either told by Naomi to her psychologist or she dreamt about them, and the present which was mostly spent in the psych ward. As time went by we had the chance to think about what could possibly happen to Naomi which gave her a fast way to the psych ward. 

Both of the two main guy characters will make you go insane, I couldn't choose between them, because they were so freaking amazing just in a different way. The romance was sometimes cute, sometimes hot and passionate but either way it was really well-written and completely believable. 

The parental issues had a big role throughout the book, you could say they ruled the novel. 
Naomi: She was an absolutely stunningly amazing character, even after she lost her hope and thought she's completely sane when she wasn't she told her story because she wanted to get better, get back her life and help Lana. I loved the scenes from her childhood, she was so cute when she started to hang out with Lachlan and slowly adapted to the world.

Lachlan: I adore him, how he supported Naomi through everything in the past and in the present was unbelievably beautiful, everyone should have someone like him, who wouldn't leave you when staying next to you is the hardest thing in the world. 
“Wanna light up the sky?” 
Max: Completely different from Lachlan, still just like him in the most important things, like how he stood next to Naomi and helped her trough everything. 

Favorite characters: Lachlan, Naomi
Least Favorite: - 

The story idea: 5/5
The realization of the story: 3/5
The characters: 5/5
The cover 4/5 


2 comments:

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)