Tuesday, April 8

Cassandra Clare - The Course of True Love (and First Dates) (The Bane Chronicles #10)


Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood might fall in love—but first they have a first date. 

When Magnus Bane, warlock, meets Alec Lightwood, Shadowhunter, sparks fly. And what happens on their first date lights a flame...














There's one spoiler in this review and I marked it, so read ahead you'll see it in time. :)

Throughout this book I thought: finally.
Finally, a story about Magnus which isn’t completely pointless or boring as hell.
Many people say this was predictable but who cares when it was so darn cute? While I was reading the book I caught myself smiling quite a few times… gay or not, they are such a dreamy couple. :)

The title says it all, this is the story of Alec’s and Magnus’s first date, when of course nothing goes how it’s supposed to. Alec’s late, Magnus takes him to the wrong place and both of them are too worried about how the other enjoys himself while the situation gets more awkward with each passing moment.


Unfortunately the fighting scene wasn’t a big thing and it had the stupidest storyline of all times… a werewolf goes out at full moon just to prove that she can still has a normal life… what? It was obvious how Clare needed to think of a story what would interrupt the date and which is required a shadowhunter.



Alec is the cutest character ever… he was so bashful throughout this book, which was a little bit strange considering in the original series he wasn’t this shy ever. My favorite feature of him was that he always said what was on his mind.

Magnus… he was more likeable and more humanlike than in the previous books. He was actually nervous about this date which kind of made me like him again, but he was still a bit too arrogant. I don’t care how snob is anyone, but when someone is uppity it freaks me out.
I have one huge problem with him: he never said why he likes Alec besides his looks. He was thinking about a metaphor in which Alec is silver and Jace is gold, this was again completely about their looks, meanwhile he never said anything about Alec’s personality besides his openness and shyness.  
There were a few parts where Clare tried to be funny too damn hard but she never really succeeded, I don’t even know why this story should be funny in the first place.

“Maybe Alexander Lightwood would not break his heart.” 
This sentence killed me... I can't even talk about it... if they won't be together in the last book, I'm gonna throw that damn novel out of the window, that's it.

This is such a short story and it doesn't even have an actual cover so I'm not gonna rate it the usual way. 


Click here for a short summary of The Bane Chronicles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)