Saturday, March 15

Veronica Roth - Allegiant (Divergent #3)

2013 Goodreads Choice Winner 

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories. 

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love. 



Review:

This book completely sucked for me. I absolutely loved Divergent when I read it then I lost interest in Insurgent because it was a little bit boring. Still I was looking forward to Allegiant even if I spoiled it for myself. So much people wrote that this book is worse than the others and it's pointless and so on. It is true.

Allegiant ruined the whole experience for me. I can see why Veronica Roth ended the story as she did, but somehow it didn't make sense to me. It wasn't realistic, it was pointless, and while Roth tried to write an exciting and surprising concept she ruined all my favorite characters too. I am so sad about this book, and it's not about the ending, because at that point I was so full of bullshit that I couldn't feel anything.

It took a lot of time for me to read the book because I needed to force myself to continue after every freaking page. Okay so now I will list all the things I hated in this one.

1. Tris never made a mistake. In the previous books sometimes she made the wrong decision (like normal people) but in this one she can't be wrong. Yeah I know her character has developed since the other books, still it was too much.


description

2. Tobias. In the first book he tells Tris that he always assumes the worst of other people though in Allegiant Nita said a word and he didn't even ask questions about the plan. I know that it must be a shock to realize that he is not a divergent but for Christ's sake he didn't have to become weak and impressible.

description


How can you did this to us Veronica Roth? Why made him so awesome just to ruin him in the last book? I couldn't feel sorry for him, he should have been strong, he should have realised what Tris is about to do!
Dammit he is such a dumb character in this book.

3. Tris's hysteria... she doesn't know if she will ever forgive Tobias for what he did to Uriah (which wasn't completely his fault, because he is so damn impressible, unfortunately)and she keeps seeing what happened to Uriah when she looks at Tobias. Suddenly they are together again... wow this was fast. 

description


4. In the first chapters Edward dies so maybe I should felt grieve or something but I couldn't because he wasn't a likeable character except in Divergent. 

description


5. Evelyn's big transformation... I suppose I should feel touched by this event but all I could ask was: er what? She was a dictator in one moment and a caring mother in the other. Character development, what is that?

6. The genetic thing was a little bit too much for my taste. And in the end nothing happened with the genetics so it really isn't so important, is it?

7. The thing that Tris becomes a leader to her friends even Tobias is following her like she is his master or something. After the Nita incident Tobias asks Tris if she is angry at him because what he did or because he didn't listen to her. Even Tris thinks that she wants Tobias to follow her... but they didn't talk about this after. Yeah they speak about that Tris thinks Tobias is seeing her as a child but I think they should discuss what she thinks about him, too.

I need to admit that sometimes I flipped through a few pages because the storyline or the characters annoyed me to hell. I hate to do this with books, especially with books in series which I previously liked but I just couldn't bear it.

The story idea : 2/5
The realisation of the story: 2/5
The characters: 2/5
The cover: 2/5
All in all: 2/5

My advice to the book:
description

I don't recommend this to anyone, if you have it, throw it away, burn it or anything but DO NOT read this. 

Favorite Character: Uriah 
Least favorite: Christina, Tris, Tobias, everyone from outside, Caleb and I could go on.

“He still smiles all the time, but now his smiles look like they're made out of water, about to drip down his face.” 

“And I provide much- needed eye candy.” 

“The Dauntless have the weirdest slang. Pansycake, Nose...is there a term for The Candor?"
"Of course."Uriah grins."Jerks” 

4 comments:

  1. I was expecting the book to be a little different , but I don't hate it ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you at least enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  2. I hated this book for ages. I mean come on. That ending sucks. But because it stuck with me for months after reading it I rated it quite high. I invoked a reaction which doesn't always happen. But ultimately she should have stopped at book 1. PS the movie was awful too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was such a let down! That said, I'm glad it stuck with you. I only watched the 1st movie, and man, it was terrible. I also heard that the last movie will not be completed, so I guess 3/1 most have been pretty bad.

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)