Saturday, March 15

J.Lynn - Be with Me (Wait for You #2)



Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.

Jase Winstead has a huge secret that he’s not telling anyone. Especially not his best friend’s incredibly beautiful sister. Even though he and Teresa shared the hottest kiss of his life, he knows that his responsibilities must take priority. He certainly doesn’t have time for a relationship. But it doesn’t help that all he can think about kissing the one girl who could ruin everything for him.
As they’re thrown together more and more, Jase and Tess can’t keep denying their feelings for each other. But a familiar danger looms and tragedy strikes. As the campus recovers, the star-crossed couple must decide what they’re willing to risk to be together, and what they’re willing to lose if they’re not…


Review: 
Probably when you hear about this book, you think that it's a typical story about a girl who falls in love with her big brother's best friend. Totally cliche, right? I'm more than happy to say that it wasn't the case in this book. It is not a cliche, it starts like that but then lot of surprising stuff happens and I just sat in front of my computer and asked myself, WHAT is happening?

I would like to say I absolutely loved the first book, Cam is totally perfect guy and how he helped Avery through everything was just plainly amazing. So I had big expectations about this one, and JLA didn't disappoint me. 

The Storyline:

Since the kiss they shared in the past, when despite the hopes of Teresa Jase went away without saying goodbye they didn't even speak to each other. When the semester starts they are forced to work things out because they don't want Cam to know about the kiss, and anyway they were friends for a long time, so of course both of them want to fix everything. They become friends again quickly, but when things heat up between them - again and again - in the end Jase always pushes Teresa away. Poor girl doesn't know what to do, she has a crush on him since forever and she doesn't want to lose him, so she kind of forgives him every single time. But how far can Jase push Teresa til she gets fed up with his rejection?

I felt so bad for Teresa, she was such a sweetheart, she wanted everyone happy, so how Jase played her was absolutely cruel. Teresa gave him her heart, but Jase didn't give anything back instead he shattered it. There were times where I hated him, really hated him, he was such a jackass for no good reason. I know a lot of things happened in his past, which sort of explained his acts, but there were unforgettable things too. The worst thing was when he asked Teresa to stay friends, because he don't want to lose her I could have punched him in the face... with a brick maybe. 

“We can’t be friends. I can’t be friends with you, because I love you, and you’ve hurt me.” 

I liked Jase's parents they were so caring and so damn cute, they wanted the best for Jase and for Jack, and they adored Teresa simply because Jase liked her and of course she was Cam's sister. 

“Oh God,” Jase groaned, rubbing a hand down his jaw. “She’s a friend, Dad." 
“Uh-huh.” His father backed up, picking up the bucket. “Friends with a pretty gal like that, then you’re doing something wrong, son.” 

Jase: He was an amazing character, besides all his wrong decisions I could still get why he did everything. He was a great friend of Cam and Teresa and was amazing to Jack in every way. He had his own demons but I was glad to see he could open up to Teresa in small steps. As we read the story we learnt that Jase has a cute side, too. I adored the cupcakes, the idea was so cute, and I'm curious about if there will be some kind of cookies in the third book, too?  

Teresa: I liked her in the first book and I was curious how well she can handle that maybe she will lose all her dreams. She was tougher than I thought and a very likable character. She was strong even if she didn't believed it, I think what happened in the past with her abusing boyfriend just made her stronger. 

Debbie: She was cute, and for a time I actually thought that she might get her own book.

Avery and Cam: They were in this book quite a few times and again we could see that Cam is a little bit overprotective brother. It was awesome how Avery could calm him down when he freaked out on Jase. I love these two together. 

“Yeah, okay, I might’ve overreacted, but it’s just because I care about you. You’re my sister and I’m supposed to act like a douche when it comes to guys you’re with.”  
“You got that part down to a science,” Jase muttered. Cam flipped him off.” 

And finally Jack was the most adorable little kid ever, I absolutely loved him... want to know about what will happen to him in the future, I want him to know the truth one day, he deserves it.

After all I liked this book a lot, still there were parts that were too much for me. I mean the parts what were intended to be a mystery or a suspense story, but weren't well made enough and they didn't really fit into the story. 

The book can be read as a standalone, but I highly recommend to read Wait for You before this. 

The story idea: 4/5 
The realization of the story: 4/5 
The characters: 5/5 
The cover: 3/5 
All in all: 4/5

Favorite Characters: Teresa, Jace, Cam, Avery, Jack, Calla

Least Favorite: Eric


I recommend it to people who like contemporary romance and can bear reading about an abusive relationship (it's not the main story, but it connects to it).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)